Kansas Wrestling

Letter of Intent

Posted By: Bronco Wrestler

Letter of Intent - 05/09/05 08:21 PM

I have signed the rough letter of intent to wrestle for Colby Community College next year. Coach Lampe said he will send the finalized letter of intent very shortly and then I will be fully committed to Colby Community College. I signed on to wrestle at 125lbs.

Alex Ryan
Posted By: Michael Malay

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/09/05 09:20 PM

Congrats Alex. Ill have to come and see u wrestle next year.
Posted By: fris kitzgerald

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/09/05 09:57 PM

congrats man way to go
Posted By: AfternoonDelight

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/09/05 10:05 PM

good to hear
Posted By: Curtis Chenoweth

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/10/05 02:55 AM

Congradulations.

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/10/05 02:57 AM

Thank you all
Posted By: Computerized Shoes

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/10/05 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Curtis Chenoweth:
Congradulations.
Excellent spelling Curtis.
Posted By: Dr. Bailey....

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/10/05 01:15 PM

Congrats on deciding to keep going. Now get out and start running, you'll need it..
Posted By: SEKcoach

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/10/05 02:06 PM

I didn't know that you were contractually (sp) obligated to wrestle at specific weight. Is this common practice? Maybe this is a stupid question, but I am still learning. Only involved in this great sport for about 5 years.
Posted By: Mike Furches

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/10/05 02:07 PM

Alex, this is great news, it is something that I don't think you will regret. It will be fun to see you wrestling again, of course I expect to see more tag team but can you now imagine a tag team match between some of the in state colleges or an open tag team tournament? Wow! Proud of you young man.
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/10/05 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SEKcoach:
I didn't know that you were contractually (sp) obligated to wrestle at specific weight. Is this common practice? Maybe this is a stupid question, but I am still learning. Only involved in this great sport for about 5 years.
I think that a coach tells you a weight they would like you to go at ideally to make the team as good as possible, but sometimes you end up a weight or otherwise do to not being able to beat the #1 guy or you hit a growth spurt over the summer.
Posted By: lil_sharpe_007

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/12/05 12:17 AM

Congrats Alex...I'll have to come up sometime and watch u along wit Olsen and a guy from her that is wrestling at Colby

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/12/05 01:04 AM

I believe that Guy Miller also signed to wrestle for colby
Posted By: C-Dub215

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/12/05 01:21 AM

Guy Miller was only a Junior this year so I don't think that he would have signed.
Posted By: Michael Malay

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/12/05 01:50 AM

yup but im sure hell prolly wrestle somewhere in college

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/12/05 01:52 AM

the point is he didnt already sign though
Posted By: mike fairleigh

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/12/05 02:05 AM

I believe Wyatt Green will be going from Scott City. He should be a quality addition to the heavier part of their lineup. By the way, Congrats, alex, I think you will enjoy the experience, and I sincerely hope you are able to make an impact. Good luck.

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/12/05 02:42 AM

I am sorry, it was Wyatt Green. Coach Lampe told me that he signed a heavyweight from Scott and I wasn't thinking and said Miller. I got the two mixed up. Yes it was Green that signed not Miller.
Posted By: wrestler17105

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/12/05 02:37 PM

well alex i guess i'll see ya at NJCAA national regionals next year. hope to see you on the podium for nats. (if you can make first team)

If you hadn't noticed i've signed too. but at labette county....(in case you're wondering, i'm one of the original members of the tag team you are on, and still is on as far as i'm concerned.)
Posted By: John Steiger

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/12/05 03:04 PM

Unless his plans have changed recently, Mike Mancuso from Junction City is signing to wrestle 125 for Colby.
Posted By: Scotty

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/12/05 04:50 PM

Congratulations Alex! I'm happy for you... I'll definetly have to come out to Colby and see you wrestle....

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/12/05 10:06 PM

Watts, I'm sorry to inform you that you were not part of the Outscoring Old Schoolers. That is the team of myself, Alex, and Cole. You are however part of the original tag team champions. I am on two teams, Outscoring Old Schoolers, and whatever it is the team you are on with me is called. Sorry if you were confused in any way. And the way your talking, you'll be first team next year. Do you think this way, and who all are you going to have to beat just to be on the first team.

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/13/05 12:15 AM

First Watts I know you signed with LCC. I am a part of the oustanding old schoolers, not the team you mentioned as Chenoweth said. I will probably not even be varsity as Brady Huck is already ahead of me and has transitioned to the college style which I have not even been exposed too. I need work in many areas, and I don't know if I'll ever be varsity but I'm doing this for love the sport and to further my knowledge not to be great. It would be good to be varsity but I'm a realistic person and I don't see it happening unfortunately for me, I wish you the best of luck in your quest to be varsity next year but you have a long road ahead of you to be jump in without a state title and expect to start for a national title program, but if you have the will there's a way or so the saying goes. Good luck next year and I might see you at the regional qualifiers IF I can cut to 125, I'm 140 right now and growing so it'll be hard to keep my weight down. I think I can though if I start running and stuff to keep in shape etc. Best of Luck next year and have fun.

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/13/05 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ogre:
Unless his plans have changed recently, Mike Mancuso from Junction City is signing to wrestle 125 for Colby.
When talking to Coach Lampe he was doubtful this would go through. He said the he looked like he was cutting hard to 130 this year and that 125 was almost out of the question. He said his coach kept telling Lampe he could make it but never heard it from Mike himself. I know Lampe has signed myself already at 125, possibly a kid from Louisiana and possibly a kid from Turkey. It's going to all depend on how much we grow over the summer I think where everyone ends up.

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/13/05 01:42 AM

And Watts, do we really have to be enemies just because we're on opposing teams?
Posted By: wrestler17105

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/13/05 01:54 AM

nah it's ok we're awayz friends and tag partners. and i actualy have a lot of untapped potential becauze my wrestling coach never really pushed. i have a feeling that i can du a major amount of damage next year due to the fact that the returning 174 pound all american is going to be prolly bumping up to 85. and best of luck to you and cole who i will alwayz be friends with and hope to keep in touch. if you're ever in parsons then give me a call...trust me there are many a ladies that are here for you to try your skill on.

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/13/05 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wrestler17105:
nah it's ok we're awayz friends and tag partners. and i actualy have a lot of untapped potential becauze my wrestling coach never really pushed. i have a feeling that i can du a major amount of damage next year due to the fact that the returning 174 pound all american is going to be prolly bumping up to 85. and best of luck to you and cole who i will alwayz be friends with and hope to keep in touch. if you're ever in parsons then give me a call...trust me there are many a ladies that are here for you to try your skill on.
you may want to tap the spelling potential in yourself before you get too carried away

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/13/05 08:49 PM

I went there on a visit, and I really don't remember seeing any good looking girls.

Re: Letter of Intent - 05/15/05 03:34 PM

he never said they were good looking
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums