Kansas Wrestling

Military Wrestlers??. Now

Posted By: ben

Military Wrestlers??. Now - 09/19/05 05:29 PM

Looking for High School Wrestlers that are now in IRAQ or Middle East. Kids that are from Powerhouse states like Penn.,IL, Iowa, OK, Minn, NJ, Kan, Ohio, MI, NEB.

Setting up pre production on a documentary I hope to fund this winter over the holidays.

Thanks

bkvapor@excite.com

funding
http://homepage.mac.com/iceddeal/iMovieTheater2.html
http://homepage.mac.com/iceddeal/iMovieTheater1.html
http://homepage.mac.com/iceddeal/iMovieTheater3.html
Posted By: hunter4life

Re: Military Wrestlers??. Now - 09/19/05 06:49 PM

ben carlson of olathe east high school graduated in 2000 is serving his 2nd tour in afghanistan with the army rangers

chris carlson was in iraq for 14 months came back and is now helping out down in new orleans

both wrestled for olathe east high school were state placers
Posted By: ben

Re: Military Wrestlers??. Now - 09/20/05 01:41 AM

thanks, it's important to find a Kansas subject. Aiken, Roberson, Johnson have all been fun to watch.
Posted By: Gary Ulmer

Re: Military Wrestlers??. Now - 09/20/05 01:33 PM

Ben,

Bill Lubbers from Olathe North, a member of the Rangers and Special Forces, is in his second tour in Afghanistan.

Gary Ulmer
Posted By: DOUG MOORE

Re: Military Wrestlers??. Now - 09/20/05 03:15 PM

Heath Trost, who wrestled for Concordia and graduated in 1991, has served one tour in Iraq and is preparing for a second term. He is a member of the Army Rangers.
Posted By: klint deere

Re: Military Wrestlers??. Now - 09/20/05 08:03 PM

I believe Donald Jones and David Cahow (Pleasant Ridge grads 1994) have both been to Iraq with the US Army.
Posted By: USAFBOOMER

Re: Military Wrestlers??. Now - 09/24/05 05:01 AM

Mike Witherell (TOpeka High 2003) is currently serving his second tour in Iraq with the USMC as a sniper.
Posted By: Scott Fausset

Re: Military Wrestlers??. Now - 01/05/06 11:15 PM

Cpl. Travis Dwayne Morris (Marines)
1/1 First Battalion, First Marine Division Alpha Company
Wrestled 4 years at 145 and 152 for Olathe North High School - State qualifier.
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: Military Wrestlers??. Now - 01/06/06 12:02 AM

Sky Siemers of Chapman is in Qatar. Went over and was a civilian contractor through the military, and has advanced all the way up from a gym manager deal to one of the top heads of Moral and Welfare for the troops. He helps bring in USO Shows and all sorts of other leisure and rec. activities.
Posted By: Ryan Jilka

Re: Military Wrestlers??. Now - 01/06/06 01:10 AM

Bill Brine has served in Iraq and was a 2 time state champ at Goddard. I'm not sure of rank, but I've been told that he is part of an elite squad. He also wrestled at Lehigh.
Posted By: Jimbo_174

Re: Military Wrestlers??. Now - 01/06/06 03:58 AM

Jason Watts from El Dorado is there with the marines engineering unit. and he came about 2 points from qualifying his senior year in a tough regional. graduated in 2002
Posted By: bigtyme23

Re: Military Wrestlers??. Now - 01/06/06 03:27 PM

Jilka I already contacted him about Bill and gave him the info I hope he has been able to get a hold of him. What about Cody Beard is he still in the Navy.
Posted By: I'm your huckleberry

Re: Military Wrestlers??. Now - 01/06/06 03:29 PM

Jim Keller 2x state placer from ST Francis is an army officer stationed in the middle east.
Posted By: Cpt. Steve

Re: Military Wrestlers??. Now - 01/10/06 07:13 AM

Josh Flamez from Turner is currently in Iraq on his second deployment
Posted By: RJW1

Re: Military Wrestlers??. Now - 01/10/06 02:03 PM

There was a young man from Goodland that lost his life in Iraq that was a wrestler at Goodland High School. I believe his name was Derrick Lutters.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums