Kansas Wrestling

best b-ball wrestlers

Posted By: T-Bird 171#

best b-ball wrestlers - 02/12/04 01:43 PM

What wrestling team has the best wrestling basketball team. I think circle does. we practice two or three times a week for an hour. any challengers?
Posted By: DFOSTER22

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/12/04 02:50 PM

dude jake i would take you easy

dut
Posted By: RHS152

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/15/04 05:00 AM

Remingtons wrestlers are just like any other wrestler, we have a couple good basketball players, but the rest suck at it.
Posted By: tuffEnuff2

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/15/04 05:31 AM

..once upon a time..long long time ago we scrimaged our basketball team after they trashed talked us, we beat them, not that it really mattered, they were only like 3-17 for the year, the wrestling team finished 2nd in state that year however.....that learned 'em!
Posted By: Off.Farva

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/16/04 04:50 AM

I think the Shawnee Heights team would be decent at basketball. We haven't practiced or anything but we have some tall mamajamas on our team that would own the boards. And some quick point guards that use to play b-ball before they new of wrestling. Every now and then we work on our street ball skills.
Posted By: JoeStud@TOHK

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/16/04 07:29 PM

Clearwater would have to be a good team. We don't practice or anything, but we're naturally skilled. We could beat our varsity basketball team already. And T-Bird 171#, we'll take you guys on as soon as the season's over. just name a date and place.
Posted By: whatever

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/16/04 08:17 PM

I think you will have some problems playing bball against T-bird #171.If I heard right at the CTL, he's off the team. Disciplinary reasons or something....

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/16/04 10:49 PM

We can still work something out.
Posted By: Eagle Coach

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/17/04 03:02 AM

Is he really? whats the story?
Posted By: Glick125

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/17/04 03:14 AM

Well the story i heard from whatever is he heard at the CTL that he's off the team for disciplinary reasons or something....
Posted By: RichardDSalyer

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/17/04 09:06 AM

The story is a private matter between the coach and the wrestler.

If the wrestler involved chooses to disclose the subject matter, that is his, and only his choice.

Please respect the privacy of both the coach and wrestler involved?
Posted By: Eagle Coach

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/17/04 02:41 PM

ok well disregarding what he has done, will he be wrestling at regionals?

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/17/04 02:48 PM

I think i know what happened jake dont make stupid decisons

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/17/04 05:58 PM

No, I'm not competing at regionals or any other high school events. But if you'd like to see me wrestle or would like to wrestle me, come support the Kansas Freestyle/Greco-Roman programs. As far as me getting kicked off or what have you, Mr. Salyer is right. Although I was never told by a Coach I was kicked off my friend told me Fri. I was. I saw my coach today and nothing was said of me being kicked off. I made the decision to leave. But, this will not be the end of my wrestling career. Just me competing. I hope to someday be a Coach.

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/17/04 06:04 PM

well atleast i can still wrestle you get ready for the lateral

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/17/04 06:28 PM

I agree with Mr. Salyer, but the problem with only hearing T Bird 171# side of the story, is that there are two sides to every story. So, let's not just take his word for it. I know Coach Bottorff, and know he must have had good reasons for this to happen. Usually he will bend over backward to help kids, and I know he did for Jake.

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/17/04 06:36 PM

I CHOSE TO QUIT! Jake Wallace
Posted By: Dingbat

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/17/04 06:48 PM

This is turning into quite the heated convo...T-Bird, how bouts a little teaser as to what the problem was?

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/17/04 06:50 PM

Okay t-bird 171# you chose to quit, because you could not abide by the rules set before you.

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/17/04 06:54 PM

What rules and who are you.

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/17/04 08:49 PM

The Problem had to do with independence. I will take up that offer Joe stup and we'll have a game best two on two from each team playing to 21. Dut we'll get a match and I'll be throwing something way more impressive than the lateral. Other regards to my status of wrestling. Talk to my agents JoeStud and Dut.

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/17/04 08:50 PM

By the way just because you are now my agents, doesn't mean you could beat me in wresling. i've already proven myself to Joe and as for you Dut. Ask Joe about that weight advantage.

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/18/04 03:02 AM

Now being Jakes agent i would like to say He is one of the friendliest guys in wrestling. Although he hasnt takin out Annie he stil is a good guy. Even if he is no longer on the circle wrestling team doesnt change the fact that u gota love the guy. He'll always be the same guy all of you saw at tournaments. We'll miss you at regionals Jake. Annie said you should stil come tho. lol February 29th our house not yours me and curtis against you and whoever

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/18/04 03:03 AM

O and Jake quote "I chose to Quit" just like you will when we play bball
Posted By: jb83

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/18/04 03:45 AM

Derek Ross from St. Francis could school any of the basketball players from St. Francis because he's good at everything

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/18/04 02:45 PM

now that i am one of the agents for ahh jake i will take the calls of anyone who wants to play him on b-ball and anyone who wants to wrestle him because you wont beat him cause ill help because i will ref the matches good deal jake

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/18/04 03:26 PM

I say its Dut and I taking on C&C @ clearwater the weekend after state. Oh, and make sure Annie is there to cheer me on. Tell her I said hello too. I'd call, but I'm shy.
Posted By: 1 Point Buck

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/19/04 03:08 AM

T-Bird I have a few tips for you on defeating C&C. One is really blind in one eye and neither can shoot at a basket. You will be totally distracted from basketball if Annie shows up. You just as well have Kendra and Crystine come watch to, C&C will be taken out of their game.

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/19/04 04:30 PM

Bring them all! Bring your whole school! I've got a Indian for all of them to cheer for!

Re: best b-ball wrestlers - 02/20/04 02:32 AM

That was our coach. He doesnt know what hes talking about. I am nly partially blind in one eye jake. lol (jk) I know just they place to stick that indian too
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums