Kansas Wrestling

Knee surgery = No fun

Posted By: JhrisCennings

Knee surgery = No fun - 04/03/04 11:18 AM

I would like to give some advice to people about their knees. Don't hurt them no matter what. It's stupid. Everyone should not do anything so that they may avoid all knee injuries. That means no running, playing sports, or even walking. Get a motorized wheelchair and use that as transportation to prevent injury.

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/03/04 11:19 AM

Everyone else please share stories and advice about knees.
Posted By: fris kitzgerald

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/03/04 12:06 PM

I Dislocated my knee last year at subs for kids in the match and Justin came over and popped it back into place and i finished wrestling and beat the kid but had to have a full leg cast on for 3 weeks it sucks now i have trouble w/ it all the time
Posted By: LancerM

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/03/04 12:54 PM

I feel your pain Jhris. What's the worst part? It's looking more and more like I'm going to need surgery on my knee too.
Posted By: Brett Shoffner

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/03/04 01:22 PM

Good call, Jhris.
Posted By: SFoster

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/03/04 01:23 PM

I had my first knee surgery when I was 17 (Torn Meniscus)
I had my second knee surgery when I was 20 (Partial tear of ACL)
I had my third knee surgery when I was 28 (Torn Meniscus and they removed all of the Cartilage from my femur, where the knee cap rides)
I had my fourth knee surgery when I was 34 (Micro-Fracture Surgery)

Micro-Fracture Surger: Dr's have found that if they can get blood to flow from the bone, that in some cases the bone will re-generate cartilage. Hence when I had my last surgery, they drilled over 100 tiny holes in the head of my femur to get the bone to bleed and hence re-generate the cartilage.

Of course being stuborn as I am, I coached the day after surgery!

All on the same knee!

Hopefully I am done with that

However because I am 37 and I still roll around with my three high school wrestling sons and I still play a mean game of Softball.

Who knows!

Believe it or not I still would not trade all of the athletics to have had no surgeries.

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/03/04 01:29 PM

Wow that's a lot.

LancerM, I think the worst part is the soreness on the stitches. They give you good medicine, but it's still pretty sore. The good news is I can walk!!
Posted By: SFoster

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/03/04 01:38 PM

When I had my first couple of surgeries the philosophy was to stay off of it and baby it.

The last couple of surgeries the philosophy has been to get the range of motion going quicker.

That is the quickest way to recovery.

Do not over load it, but the longer you baby it the longer the recovery.

(In most cases)
Posted By: parkwayred

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/03/04 02:01 PM

Suck it up Puss...

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/03/04 02:39 PM

What....?

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/03/04 02:44 PM

Now that was just uncalled for...

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/03/04 03:05 PM

That was a typical non-funny Miller comment.
Posted By: usawks1

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/03/04 06:18 PM

… and just wait Jhris … the arthritis will set in, in about 10 years!

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/03/04 06:45 PM

I know, I know.
Posted By: Dante Alighieri

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/03/04 08:57 PM

LancerM,

I was unaware that you were having serious knee problems. I knew that it was sore at times, but I never would have thought that you would kneed surgery.

Post Script-Due to the fact that you cannot hear the intonations in my voice through a keyboard, you might believe that I am being a smartass like I was on the "Parlance" topic, but I am not. Seriously, explain.

Post-Post Script-You do not kneed to point out the fact that I spelled "need" incorrectly. It is my poor attempt at a pun.
Posted By: rocknraider

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/03/04 09:07 PM

I tore my meniscus junior yr and didnt get surgery. Now it randomly gives out on me, ie: when i walk to class, wrestle or do jazzer-cise. I have a feeling it will cause some painful problems when im older.

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/03/04 11:03 PM

Yes Stephen, my knees actually turned out to be pretty bad. They hurt through all of wrestling, but once warmed up they'd be okay for practices and matches. However, when I woke up it always took about two hours for them to stop aching.

While the left one is slowly making progress in terms of getting better, the right one still can't be bent all the way before it starts to hurt pretty badly. I went and did some freestyle for fun and it felt as bad, if not worse, than it did during the season, especially the morning afterwards.

I'm going to a doctor on wednesday to have a better opinion on whether or not I'll need surgery, but all the other doctors I've talked to said it should have been getting significantly better by now. Plus it still pops out fairly often whenever I try to do something semi-athletic, like run to get some food. It sucks.

P.S.-Nice try at a pun. Sadly though, they're rarely funny when said in conversation and they lose their effect even more when typed out. But still, a **** good effort.
Posted By: Dante Alighieri

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/03/04 11:14 PM

I am sorry to hear that. Best of luck.
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/04/04 03:12 AM

Heck with 10 years...try 2 to 3 years on Arthritis....my knee is hurting now....I had a total reconstruction of the ACL in 2001 and wasn't able to be fully released until about a week before the first tournament in 2002. I was hurting...for like the first month I was on crutches and had a machine that bent my leg for me (that sucked!) My knee would rotate and it would bend not like it's supposed to...make sure you do your rehab a.s.a.p.
Posted By: who am i

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/04/04 05:53 PM

Not on my knee, but on a shoulder surgery I had to sit out my entire sophmore wrestling season and also could do nothing that involved contact for five months, that included weight lifting. I had a completely torn rotater cuff injury, and I lost forever two inches of flexibility.

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/04/04 06:33 PM

As you can see, this is not the shoulder whining topic. This is about knee surgery.

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/04/04 06:34 PM

And I got a better medal at state than both of you, and I had both meniscus' in my knee torn.

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/04/04 07:51 PM

Yeah, well I had one meniscus torn, one meniscus damaged, a partially seperated shoulder, and two elbows with damaged tendons and ligaments that will require tommy-john surgery if I ever decide to play baseball or a comparable sport. Ha!

But you do have a better medal than me. ****'t.

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/04/04 08:00 PM

I had the knee problems, as well as a lingering ankle injury from football. I also have had pinched nerves in my neck since football. Not to mention, a serious lack of talent in wrestling. Which was probably my greatest problem.

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/04/04 08:05 PM

I think the whole 215 pound weight class had a serious lack of talent in wrestling.

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/04/04 09:58 PM

Yes I would have to agree.
Posted By: usawks1

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/05/04 12:42 AM

I had a really nasty in-grown toenail once and it got infected and they tried to treat it and I saw this other Doctor and he wanted to do surgery and I went to another Doctor and he wanted to amputate and I took two aspirin and went to bed and when I got up the next morning I was all better! Except I still didn't have talent.

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/05/04 01:35 AM

Sorry I still have another injury. I took too many hits in football and had a crooked spine, back spasms, and three reoccuring stingers in my neck the entire season, yes I know I am whining
Posted By: Computerized Shoes

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/05/04 02:43 AM

Drink Milk.

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/05/04 03:31 AM

I played basketball w/out any legs once. Beat that.
Posted By: Prant Garker

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/05/04 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by who am i:
I took too many hits in football and had a crooked spine, back spasms, and three reoccuring stingers in my neck the entire season
That's what happens when you play football for Emporia. See you guys in the Centennial League for the next 25 years.

And I hate to say it, Jhris, but I agree with Computerized Shoes. It seems as if the 100% Taco Bell and 0% milk diet does not have enough calcium.

Prant never missed a practice due to injury. Prant is ma-ohny, unlike Dingbat, who missed practices due to fatness on a regular basis.
Posted By: Dingbat

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/05/04 10:21 AM

Didn't you miss several practices on account of big nosery?

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/06/04 01:47 PM

I drink milk though, why do you think a broken bone is not on that list.

And ya, that's what you get for playing football at Emporia, I'm 6'2'', 220 lbs and play offensive guard and defensive tackle... ouch.
Posted By: iFeelFat

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/06/04 06:40 PM

is this the sand factory forum...i think not.

to quote coach Jermey Luedke, "tape it and go!"
Posted By: Brett Shoffner

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/06/04 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by iFeelFat:
is this the sand factory forum...i think not.

to quote coach Jermey Luedke, "tape it and go!"
40-Love, other guys.

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/06/04 11:04 PM

Shoff's going crazy with the tennis scores...

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/08/04 04:50 AM

While Shoff is calling the score, i will be attemping to look up Anna Kournakouva's skirt and maybe trying to punch that cocky piece of trash, Andy Roddick, in the face.
Posted By: Dingbat

Re: Knee surgery = No fun - 04/08/04 11:26 PM

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa=waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums