Kansas Wrestling

Wyandotte County Tourny

Posted By: WrestlingAlumni

Wyandotte County Tourny - 01/31/06 03:48 AM

Is Bonner Springs going to be there this year? Also what are some of the big name match ups? The only thing that comes to mind is Walker/Hanson at 112.
Posted By: and1

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 01/31/06 04:40 AM

Bonner Spring don't want any part of their own county tournament tourney... What a shame.

My finals predictions for WYCO

Rapheal Sauls SCHLAGLE vs. James Wauer WASHINGTON

Paulie Hanson TURNER vs. Marcus Walker SCHLAGLE

R.J. Riedel TURNER vs. Johnathan Claybourne SCHLAGLE

Freddie Drone SCHLAGLE vs. Glen Newbill TURNER

Anthony Clemons SCHLAGLE vs. Joe Robinette SUMNER

Ed Cahill BISHOP WARD vs. Erik Cardero TURNER

DeAngelo Brooks SCHLAGLE VS. Robert Newbill WYANDOTTE

Aaron Quisenberry BISHOP WARD VS. Aaron Newbill WYANDOTTE

Adam Brozanic TURNER vs. Quentin Posey WYANDOTTE

Matt Bailes TURNER vs. Donnie Reed WYANDOTTE

Blane Hachinsky BISHOP WARD vs. Anthony Smith WYANDOTTE

Richie Blazevic TURNER vs. Cody Mikessell PIPER

Peter Gomer BISHOP WARD vs. Joe Brown TURNER

Donte Jones BISHOP WARD vs. Joe Rodriguez TURNER
Posted By: TEAM USA JUDOKA

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 01/31/06 06:22 AM

Where is WYCO at this year.

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 01/31/06 06:31 AM

I think Walker will beat Hansson. Walker was a 125lbs last year and Hanson was at 103lbs and Walker will over power him just because of the weight thing. But it will be a pretty good match up with Walker comming out on top. But good luck to both of them guys. I am pretty sure u will give the crowed a good show. Newbill over Drone.
Posted By: wrestlingAlum

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/01/06 03:32 AM

WYCO is at Washington HighSchool. Dont sell short Wards 160 pounder Paul Redmond. He is 20-6. And if I'm not mistaken beat Reed from Wyandotte at the Piper tournament.Hachinsky #171 is 21-4,Quisenberry #145 is about 21-4, Jones #275 is 21-1. Ron Hawthorn, when you gonna get back down to Ward and have a real workout??

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/01/06 03:51 AM

I will try to get down there this week to workout with u and show u how big i am now.
Posted By: TRAVIUS.com

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/01/06 04:04 AM

Donnie Reed is about 25-2 right now... he won the Piper Tournament beating Owings from Prairie View in the finals. Quisenberry is a very good wrestlers one of his losses is to Brooks from Schlagle when I bumped him up to 145 for more competition at the Bishop Mieige tournament. Blane and Donte are very solid.

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/01/06 04:39 AM

What is Drones record at 125lbs? Did Brooks wrestle as a Freshman.

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/01/06 10:36 AM

Freddie Drone is 27-3
Posted By: oldturtl

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/01/06 10:05 PM

wasn't robert newbill 152 last year? He dropped down to 140?
Posted By: oldturtl

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/01/06 10:08 PM

Brooks and Newbill should be a good match.
145 and 112 will be good also
Posted By: Zahm Dad

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/01/06 11:00 PM

I keep hearing about Marcus Walker, but can't place him. How old is he? Did he wrestle last year? If so, how well did he do? Has he beat any ranked wrestlers this year, or last? Did he wrestle at kids state last year? If he did how did he place?

Don't take Paulie lightly, he doesn't lose very often.

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/02/06 01:36 AM

Walker is realy good. He is a 11th grader. He placed 4th in kids state last year at 120lbs losing to Dustin Dooley for 3rd and 4th. Matt Noblet won that weight class. He wrestled 125lbs in high school state and whent 1-2 but them losses where to some good people. His first lost was to Crumbliss of ARK. City witch was the state champ at that weight class. i am not for sure who else he lost to but, that is some information about Walker.

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/02/06 01:41 AM

That other lost came to Ryan Sallee of VC 3-2 match. He also beat Aaron Patton from Wellsville wich he was 13-0 at time when Walker beat him.

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/02/06 01:43 AM

This is brooks first full year, he already beat robert newbill twice this year. Last weekend he was the outstanding wrestler at the actchison beating 2 potential 4A placers.

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/02/06 01:50 AM

Walker heen wrestling for 7 years, last year with the new certification deadline and 10% rules his coach didn't want him to cut too much weight too fast and he just wrestled 125 and HS State he only weighed 119... he wrestled 120 for kids.
Posted By: WycoOldSkool

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/02/06 06:34 AM

The way its sounding Schlagle might actually win the KCK league

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/02/06 06:46 AM

Yea they should win it hands down i hpe they do its been a long time since schlagle won that.The team we had almost won it if we head full roster but, good luck ok that Trey.
Posted By: gene6262

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/02/06 06:48 AM

schlagle won't win league for the simple fact they have like 6 wrestlers total.

walker won't out muscle paulie even tho he wrestled 125lbs last year and paulie wrestled 103 just for the simple fact hes a technique wrestler and 99% of the people he wrestles are stronger then him. though i would like walker to win he has lost this year to matt rein who paulie beat keep in mind

newbill did wrestle 152 last year even tho he wayed 140

walker did wrestle 125 last year and1, but what most people don't know is last wrestling season he came in weighing 140ish so he cut around 17 lbs already. last thing is a little more info about walker he went to nationals in cedar falls last april and went like 9-2 one match away from placing and being all american

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/02/06 07:18 AM

Was Heson a National placer at all. I hard that Henson did pretty Well at the Oklahoma State wrestling camp. I think that Walker will beat him but it will be a close one. I wrestled Heson twice once at Wyco in the finals and a league and he is pretty good i can tell u that.
Didn't Walker almost beat Aaron Bird also.
Posted By: psychosteve

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/02/06 10:38 AM

Hey just curious what year did you guys almost win wyco, was it 03 or 04...just curious....

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/02/06 11:24 AM

WYCO is a 3 team race. Turner, Wyandotte,and maybe Ward. Harmon,Washington, Piper, Schlagle dont have full teams, and Sumner is a littler down this year. Individually, Schlagle will do very well in a few weights, Drones is good, Walker is good, Brooks is good. Wyandotte won the Piper tourney, and Turner has several good guys and Ward has been scoring well at most Tourneys..

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/02/06 12:37 PM

Nice joke psychosteve... We know that Turner is to dominate TEAM in WYCO. And believe it or not TURNER hasn’t been on top of the world for only a hand full of years... Hands down I congratulate Turner on their success and they represent our city/county very well. If u go back the last 15 years (1990-present) Schlagle, Wyandotte, Harmon, all have more individual state champions than Turner. And Wyandotte has just as many team top 3 finishes. Turner will win WYCO prob by more than 150 points. When it comes to WYCO teams it’s only "us and them" when we are competing against each other, but I always cheer and hope the best for all wrestlers in KCK when we are at state and not competing against each other. I also believe that some of the KCK wrestling team’s cycle of despair is coming to an end... Wyandotte has a full line up and some with a lot of freshman and some with very solid middle weights. My school, Schlagle, was sick RBS (Round Ball Syndrone) but I recently found some 'tussin and they are coming around... Sumner maybe down as well but they are very young and have a lot of room to grow. Don’t be surprised if in a few years the tides have changed.

Also Gene I believe Schlagle will have 8 individual league champions this year and yeah it will be a challenge but I think we can win league with an 8 man team but it’s all talk until you step out there on the mat.

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/02/06 12:58 PM

Oh yeah 1993 was the last time Schlagle were league champs... Thanks for the luck Ron, hopfully we wont need it but just in case I'll but it in my back pocket.
Posted By: Scarecrow_103

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/02/06 07:21 PM

I Ditto Ron, got another back pocket Trey?

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/02/06 07:43 PM

yeah... I'll wear cargo pants so i can carry all the good luck I can get lol

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/02/06 09:00 PM

no i wasn't trying to be rude...i really was curious...i am not that type of person...i knew my senior year we won pretty handily...but my junior year bonner won the tournament and i wasn't sure where schlagle was in the mix that year...they had a pretty good wrestler at 125 or 130 that year...you are right in the fact that turner has not always been on top...only since 2001 have we ever cleared the top 10 if i am correct...i wasn't trying to take anything away from their team...or any other KCK team for that matter...i like seeing KCK teams do well no matter what tourney they are at...makes all of us look good...

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/02/06 09:42 PM

They 125lb. kid was Randy Cannon. Thats my boy.

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/03/06 01:19 AM

Yea....thanks Ron...i couldn't remember his name i just remembered he wrestled billy jones.....he was a nice guy and a great wrestler...

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/03/06 03:22 AM

The last two years Turner has won WYCO with WARD finishing second both times. Last year Wyandotte was last with 48 points, No doubt they will do A LOT better than that this year.

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/03/06 03:54 AM

The seeding meeting was tonight, and Ward had #1 seeds at 135,145,171,215,275. #3 at 160, #4 at 189

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/03/06 07:11 PM

well them receiving the #1 seed at 275 was a obvious cause donte is a beast
Posted By: Sting

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/05/06 04:56 PM

Wyandotte County Championships
At Washington
Teams: 1. Turner, 256; 2. Bishop Ward, 132; 3. Wyandotte, 128 1/2 ; 4. Schlagle, 105; 5. Sumner Academy, 81; 6. Harmon, 40; 7. (tie) Piper, Washington, 34.
Weight division champions — 103 pounds: James Wauer, Washington. 112: Paul Hansen, Turner. 119: R.J. Riedel, Turner. 125: Glen Newbill, Turner. 130: Jason Langford, Turner. 135: Ed Cahill, Bishop Ward. 140: M.J. Bland, Turner. 145: Aaron Newbill, Wyandotte. 152: Quentin Posey, Wyandotte. 160: Matt Bailes, Turner. 171: Blane Hachinsky, Bishop Ward. 189: Richie Blazevic, Turner. 215: Joe Brown, Turner. 275: Donte Jones, Bishop Ward.

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/06/06 05:08 PM

There was some vary good matches in the finals at WYCO.
Posted By: Wrestlinchic2

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/06/06 05:20 PM

I agree, there were interesting matches. But the champion brackets sucked.

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/06/06 05:25 PM

lol the hand wretten brackets. M.J. Bland of Tuner should be ranked in the top six also. Donnie reed is onther one also he did good aginst bailes. Donte jones pined the #6 kid in 5A this week end also.
Posted By: Zahm Dad

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/06/06 06:06 PM

How was the Walker - Hansen matchup at 112?

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/06/06 06:43 PM

i think it was like 7-1 or 8-1 Hansen.

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/06/06 11:11 PM

it was 7-1 holla at ya boy ron

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/06/06 11:37 PM

What is up with u man how are u getting up to regionals. Is Brooks ok or have u hard anything yet.

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/07/06 12:21 AM

boo is iight are u still coming up to schlagle thursday for kids club? also how far is shawnee heights from here?

Re: Wyandotte County Tourny - 02/07/06 01:13 AM

Yea i will be up there. Shawnee hights is in Topeka some where in that area.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums