Kansas Wrestling

Columbus Responds

Posted By: Zahm Dad

Columbus Responds - 01/21/05 03:10 PM

In response to comments made on this forum earlier this year about Nick Zahm, by Tony Bauer of Pittsburg.

"It's time to get off of the Zahm bandwagon.
Nick Zahm is not that good Brandon Wise worked him over like a rib bone."

Wise did beat Nick last year at our dual 10-8. I guess if you are from Pittsburg any win is a good win.

We had planned to bump Nick up to 160 to wrestle Wise again, but I guess Pittsburg is back on the "Zahm bandwagon" because they moved Wise to 171 out of Nick's reach. Then Nick's little brother Curt wrestled Wise 17 to 14. Everyone in the gym except the ref knew Wise was stuck not once but twice in the third period, we have video to prove this.

Our team showed up and let Pittsburg know what wrestling is all about, dual score Columbus-64, Pittsburg-6. That's working over a rib bone Columbus style.

Questions to Tony Bauer,

#1 If the doctor released you to wrestle 2 weeks ago, why did you chose to forfeit instead of wrestling? Maybe you are afraid of Chet Mercer?

#2 If Wise worked Nick over like a rib bone why did he run to 171 instead of challenging a quality opponent? (Wrestling Wise at 171 cost you the dual against Independence)

Tony, you are not good enough to knock anyone's wrestling ability. You need to work on your own wrestling, and not dog everyone else's.
Your only team win on the season is to Diamond, MO who only had 6 kids. Good grief, you even lost to the Altamont JV.
Posted By: Curtis Rein

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/21/05 03:32 PM

I don't understand anyone doubting Nick's wrestling skills, I think his accomplishments say it all. Also, while Nick is a great wrestler, he is an even better person.
Posted By: sportsfan02

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/21/05 03:37 PM

Not to mention that Brian Luinstra MVW medal he's sporting!
Posted By: 8600 GVW

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/21/05 04:00 PM

Zahm can not be to big of fish, any kid who hangs 3 periods with Erisman and looses 6 - 3 has my vote as a top notch wrestler.

Keep up the good work Nick, you will get a chance to beat him when it really counts and I bet if you keep the faith it will happen...
Posted By: SEK Man

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/21/05 04:24 PM

Wise is the most overrated state champ ever. Would have struggled to place in the top 4 at Basehor.
Posted By: sekfan

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/21/05 05:51 PM

For furhter info on this wrstling "battle" read todays issue of the Pittsburg Morning Sun. You can access it online at http://www.morningsun.com.

It is too bad that the official at the match did not award the pin to the well deserved "little" brother Curt Zahm.

The three Zahm brothers are the real deal.
Posted By: Nanook

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/23/05 02:45 PM

the mtach was a close one between the zahm kid and brandon but for zahms grandma to come up and say things to scott reik is a little uncalled for columbus showed bad sportsmanship in that mathc brandon was kickiing his A$$ the first period brandon just got gased brandon was trying to tech him and got gased doing it he could of easily set zahm in a pin and got it over with about tony bauer he is a bery talented wrester who if he wrestled 112 would have killed chet mercer everyone doubted him agains kramer but tony pulled that out tony bauer can back it up on that mat unlike mercer whos the coaches would nto bump up to wrestle tyler koehn
Posted By: Grandpa Don

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/23/05 03:59 PM

yes that is true
Posted By: Pups4Ever

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/23/05 05:11 PM

(bows down in worship) OH MIGHTY ZAHMS!!!! SHOW US THE WAY!!!!
Posted By: GoldenDomer

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/23/05 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pink tip:
the mtach was a close one between the zahm kid and brandon but for zahms grandma to come up and say things to scott reik is a little uncalled for columbus showed bad sportsmanship in that mathc brandon was kickiing his A$$ the first period brandon just got gased brandon was trying to tech him and got gased doing it he could of easily set zahm in a pin and got it over with about tony bauer he is a bery talented wrester who if he wrestled 112 would have killed chet mercer everyone doubted him agains kramer but tony pulled that out tony bauer can back it up on that mat unlike mercer whos the coaches would nto bump up to wrestle tyler koehn
PUNCTUATION!!!!!
Posted By: Marbla

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/23/05 06:33 PM

I wrestled Nick a couple of of years ago in Kids. He's pretty tough.
Posted By: big_boy

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/25/05 05:32 PM

As a fellow wrestler i agree with pink tip and say it was innappropriate for the zahm brothers grandma to come and chew out Scott Reik for things that were a little beyond his control. But if I were on Columbus's team i would have been ticked off too. But not enough to be disrespectful and unsportsmanlike at an away dual.
Posted By: Zahm Dad

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/25/05 05:47 PM

Young_One from Pittsburg

How did you feel when your 140 pounder who was severely losing in his match, started throwing haymakers with 10 seconds to go and was promptly tossed from the dual. He then high-fived the coach on his way out of the door. That might have sparked the Columbus crowd.

Columbus-64, Pittsburg-6
Posted By: The Chicken Choker

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/26/05 11:54 PM

man...... you two team dont like each other.

haha
Posted By: Dingbat

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/26/05 11:59 PM

I would be absolutely embarassed if my dad came on the wrestling forum to defend my honor. Zahn Dad, you should be ashamed. Let your son's wrestling do the talking, and know when to be an ADULT.
Posted By: SEK Man

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/27/05 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dingbat:
I would be absolutely embarassed if my dad came on the wrestling forum to defend my honor. Zahn Dad, you should be ashamed. Let your son's wrestling do the talking, and know when to be an ADULT.
If you go back and read the posts he did let his son's wrestling do the talking, Pitt bumped up away from Nick to pick on little brother and he almost beat Wise.

Pitt people are amazing. You guys are terrible, 1 dual win against a 5 man team and you are now an up and coming team. And why call out the Mercer kid when they did not bump him up 7 pounds to wrestle another Pitt kid? You guys made sure Wise did not make 160 so you would have an excuse not to wrestle Nick. Your program is terrible and always will be.
Posted By: Bronco Wrestler

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/27/05 02:10 AM

Dingbat is not from Pittsburg sorry, not even close....
Posted By: Pups4Ever

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/27/05 02:37 AM

Wow... you think Dingbat is from Pittsburg? That's so stupid, I can't even think of something witty to say. I just have to shake my head...
Posted By: Prant Garker

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/27/05 03:18 AM

I must agree.

Zahm Dad, I have no idea what went on at the Columbus/Pittsburg dual. However, that does not change the fact that you're a real-live grown-up. That's right. I'm assuming you have a job and pay taxes and stuff, meaning you should probably not be on here insulting high school kids. I've always been impressed by Columbus wrestlers (i.e. the Devoe family), but you're putting a serious hurting on the respect level people give your school and your fans.

That being said, Dingbat owes me $2. And a blumpkin.
Posted By: RichardDSalyer

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/27/05 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Prant Garker:
I must agree.

I've always been impressed by Columbus wrestlers (i.e. the Devoe family),
Mr. Garker:

With all due respect to the PSM movement, the correct spelling is DeVoe!

Austin DeVoe Biography at the University of Missouri!

Lastly, off topic, I must ask if dingbat is the former Super Duper Mystery man also known as Pamon Darker, your older brother and two time state champion from Manhattan at 215 lbs. in the late 1990's.
Posted By: Dingbat

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/27/05 01:08 PM

The world may never know...After all, who could have known the identity of the former great "Super Duper Mystery Man?" As an avid reader of this forum, I always wanted to know who that guy was, but it was a super-duper mystery. Also, I looked online, and I couldn't find any record of a Pamon Darker wrestling for the Hat. However, I did read about some kid named Damon Parker, and from what I gathered, he is somewhat of a living legend/superhero.
Posted By: Wow Thats Nifty

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/27/05 06:00 PM

Yeha i don't how or why i got involved in this crap i really don't care and i didn't get released 2 weeks ago and no im not afraid of chet i wasn't even close to weight for that dual i wrestled chet this summer and i dominated him so there isn't no running form chet here and brandon didn't dodge nick he's haveing a hard time making weight so he usually wrestles 160 for tournaments not for duals so u can get off that subject to i don't even see why this is going on its retarded and i think everyone should just drop all of this crap yeha we got beat big deal yeha we are making gains as a team young dual team good tournament team the 5-6 guys we do have a good and have made plenty of gains and the ones that aren't are trying thats all that matters so if you look at it young team and were making gains thats all there is to it
Posted By: Prant Garker

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/27/05 06:29 PM

Mr. Salyer-

My last name is Garker, whereas the last name you mentioned is Darker. While these names may rhyme, clearly, we are not related.

And as far as I know, SuperDuperMysteryMan still remains a mystery, much like Atlantis, the JFK assassination or the two different Aunt Vivians on Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: coachtwink

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/27/05 06:56 PM

Also Dingbat,
I have met this "Damon Parker" fellow, and while he is a pretty cool guy, living legend/super hero I think not.

We need to have a BBQ after season and catch up.
Posted By: P. Pitbull's Old Dog

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/27/05 07:22 PM

Why can't we all just get along? Rodney King got the stuff kicked out of him and he still had respect for the system. Great opponents make great wrestlers, if it was not for your great opponents we would all be laughing at you for beating up someone's grandma or little sister. Appreciate your opponents, respect them but never fear them. Remember respect is earned by those who in return give it. For those of you just starting things to be starting things, It is better to leave thy mouth shut and to be thought a fool, then to open thy mouth and remove all doubt.
I don't know who ever said it but it sure makes sense to some of the crazy stuff I read on the forum.

Coach Peterman
Posted By: Bracket-man

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/27/05 11:03 PM

Zahm Dad: Just wanted to tell how much I enjoyed getting to visit with you at Bobcat Classic. You have always been gracious and kind at every visit. Good Luck to all of your sons this year.
Posted By: Noblet

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/28/05 02:41 AM

Nuffs enough let it go. Your all bigger than that.
Honest Abe. Dan
Posted By: The Chicken Choker

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/28/05 03:27 AM

yea......just drop all of this and go on with ur season's.
Posted By: big_boy

Re: Columbus Responds - 01/28/05 03:57 PM

Here here get over it. Most of Pittsburg has so you should too. Sorry for some of our wrestlers who have not showed that respect.....but hey its over.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums