Kansas Wrestling

Altman loses?

Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Altman loses? - 12/11/05 03:09 AM

I thought I heard that Altman lost 10-0 tonight in the finals the the tournament Derby was at. Does anybody know if that's official and whom did he lose to if that is correct?
Posted By: Bronco Wrestler

Re: Altman loses? - 12/11/05 03:11 AM

Anyone know how the little furches did?

Re: Altman loses? - 12/11/05 03:16 AM

Fuches didn't have a point scored on him by my understanding and Teched or pinned everyone. Choppy signal trying to talk to Mike as they were en route home in some area with a bad signal.
Posted By: Mike Furches

Re: Altman loses? - 12/11/05 04:03 AM

Just got in. Derby did well and Donnie lost to Livengood. I didn't get to see much of it because Derby had 3 championship matches going at the same time, Donnie, Stephens and Nate. From what I understand, Donnie wrestled a tough match, just didn't finish his moves. For those that know Donnie I would say don't worry too much. Donnie has a way of motivating himself and coming through when needs be. For those of us that have watched him over the years in summer wrestling and last year at state we know that to be true. Will post results as I have them on another thread.
Posted By: SlammerWrestling6

Re: Altman loses? - 12/11/05 05:13 AM

6a 119lbs is tough. Is Nick Shumate in the Livengood, Ely, Perez, Altman mix as well?

In case you missed it, here is a pastes from another thread about Perez, Livengood, Ely matchup from the Leavenworth tourny.
-----------------------------------------------
Perez vs. Livengood: Tough physical match; Livengood put Perez on his back with a sweet roll- Livengood up 7-4 on top with 15 seconds left in the match-Perez hits a Peterson for a 5 point move and wins 9-7

Livengood vs. Ely- Ely initially dominates with quickness and speed taking a commanding lead however, he then lets Livengood get into a physical brawl and Livengood takes down Ely and pins him

Ely vs. Perez: Ely outwrestles Perez using quickness and sticking with sweep singles and switching to doubles and beats Perez in a fairly convincing match on technique

Livengood wins the pool, Ely gets second!

-------------------------------------------

Mike Flynn
Posted By: matdog

Re: Altman loses? - 12/11/05 05:29 AM

Livengood dominated Altman. Altman had good technique but came no where close matching the physical power of Livengood.
At this point in time, Kenny Livengood has proven to be the best 119 pounder out there in 6A-
he won a tough pool of Perez, Livengood, and Ely and now soundly has beaten Altman.

Furches also was dominant at the SMNW tournament.
112 was a relatively weak weight class overall with Stephens beating Gentry in a match of 2 guys who wrestled 112 a year ago.
Posted By: Scarecrow_103

Re: Altman loses? - 12/11/05 05:32 AM

how bad did stephens beat gentry, also who did furches get in the finals and who got 3rd?
Posted By: matdog

Re: Altman loses? - 12/11/05 05:52 AM

Furches beat McCormick from Blue Valley North in the finals. He tech falled him with about 10 seconds to go in the match. Very convincing win
Posted By: oldskoolrassla

Re: Altman loses? - 12/19/05 03:38 AM

stephens from derby was about to techfall him with score being 18-4 with about 30 seconds left then he cutt him and went to the center. he pretty much dominated him the only points Gentry had scored were escapes given to him. if i recall it gentry hammered stephens at the state tournament last year! and ended up placing and only losing to tannenbaum by 1 point and also barely losing to creekmoore from south, gentrys only losses were from the so called "greater wrestlers in that weight having it being "so stacked""

Re: Altman loses? - 12/19/05 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by matdog:
Furches beat McCormick from Blue Valley North in the finals. He tech falled him with about 10 seconds to go in the match. Very convincing win
Any relation to the Missouri starters?
Posted By: Scarecrow_103

Re: Altman loses? - 12/19/05 02:24 PM

I've learned to never bet against Donnie Altman with a State title on the line, never, never,never count him out.
Posted By: W. Heights AD

Re: Altman loses? - 12/19/05 03:38 PM

stephens from derby was about to techfall him with score being 18-4 with about 30 seconds left then he cutt him and went to the center. he pretty much dominated him the only points Gentry had scored were escapes given to him. if i recall it gentry hammered stephens at the state tournament last year! and ended up placing and only losing to tannenbaum by 1 point and also barely losing to creekmoore from south, gentrys only losses were from the so called "greater wrestlers in that weight having it being "so stacked""

oldskoolrassla,

Creekmore never wrestled Gentry or Stephens at the state tourney last year. Gentry lost to Patterson from Wichita Southeast 8-5 and to Tannenbaum 13-4 in the Consolation Semi's. Creekmore lost to Tannenbaum in the quarters but beat him for third. Creekmore also beat Patterson 9-4 that day also. figured I would correct ya on that one.

Re: Altman loses? - 12/19/05 03:39 PM

P.S. how in the heck to you put stuff in bold black when you are quoting someone else!@!!!! haha!
Posted By: Jim Gaither

Re: Altman loses? - 12/19/05 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mchurchJR.:
P.S. how in the heck to you put stuff in bold black when you are quoting someone else!@!!!! haha!
Like this? Click the "" button which means Reply With Quote.
Posted By: KCWrestlersMom

Re: Altman loses? - 12/19/05 04:34 PM

Aaron,
I'm pretty sure McCormick is the younger brother of the McCormicks wrestling at Missouri.
Posted By: megaman44791

Re: Altman loses? - 12/19/05 07:00 PM

wheres the "" button? i still dont know how to quote

Re: Altman loses? - 12/19/05 07:03 PM

Kick yourself now to prepare for this:

look above where you posted...see the date...go right...now you should see the man by the note card, then by an envelope, then by another envelope shaking hands with another man...next to that is a pencil writing on paper, then the " " If you want to quote someone you just go up and hit the " " button and add whatever you wanted to the body of the message.

Re: Altman loses? - 12/19/05 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Gaither:
Quote:
Originally posted by mchurchJR.:
Like this? Click the "" button which means Reply With Quote.
Found it! Learn something new everyday!
Posted By: Bracket-man

Re: Altman loses? - 12/19/05 10:54 PM

KCWrestlersMom is correct, Nathan McCormick is the little brother to Chris and Tyler McCormick, who both wrestle for the Univ. of Missouri.
Posted By: megaman44791

Re: Altman loses? - 12/20/05 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bracket-man:
KCWrestlersMom is correct, Nathan McCormick is the little brother to Chris and Tyler McCormick, who both wrestle for the Univ. of Missouri.
hah, i just quoted you
Posted By: Phantom-Teabag

Re: Altman loses? - 12/20/05 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by megaman44791:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bracket-man:
hah, i just quoted you
i just quoted you back so take that!!!
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums