Kansas Wrestling

COLLEGE SIGNINGS?

Posted By: Coachjt

COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 04/09/04 01:08 PM

High School Seniors can sign their Letter of Intent starting Wednesday April 14th.
Posted By: RichardDSalyer

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 04/09/04 01:26 PM

Early Commitments:

Jacob Kriegbaum - Air Force Academy
Lukas Zouzas - Fort Hays State

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 04/19/04 03:04 PM

Jeremy Terrell, Rose Hill - Central Missouri State
Posted By: Lansing04

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 04/25/04 06:02 PM

I understand Patrick Keane from Leavenworth is signing with Ft Hays, can anyone confirm?

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 05/03/04 05:42 PM

NAIA - DANA COLLEGE, NE

Dan Pray - St. George, KS

Michael Steinmetz - Kansas City, KS

Nick Figge - Kansas City, KS
Posted By: mike fairleigh

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 05/06/04 01:52 AM

Colby CC: Daniel Prater, Pratt.
Posted By: NWKCAT

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 05/06/04 06:59 PM

Mike i think Colby C.C. will have alot of Kansas kids wrestling for them next year. Returning will be: Zach and Eric Luedke Colby Kyle Patton Wellsville. Incoming Freshmen Daniel Prater Pratt, Bobby Dennis Oakley, Matt and Jason Shippers Hoxie along with Matt Gillund Hoxie all i think have signed. Other possible include Lewis Ulysses-Bahe Goodland Should be a good year at Colby C.C.
Posted By: Kyle W

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 05/07/04 05:04 PM

I think Tucker Olsen is also wrestling for CCC next year. CCC is going to be stacked.

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 05/07/04 05:34 PM

FORT HAYS STATE

James Annon, Norton
Patrick Kaene, Lansing
Chris Eberwin, Alma

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 05/07/04 05:35 PM

LABETTE

Brett Keck, Oberlin

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 05/08/04 03:13 AM

LINDENWOOD

Daniel Elsrode (Olathe, KS)
Posted By: Jordon Best

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 05/08/04 03:38 AM

we have a few more than 1 ks kid going to LCC as i am one of them
Posted By: rocknraider

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 05/08/04 08:56 PM

Neosho
Ricky Luangphatick will be heading there. He is a graduate of SMN. Wish him the best of luck.
Posted By: oldfan

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 05/12/04 11:40 PM

Newman University sign Kelly and Kyle Heincker (Derby Ks.) 5/11/04
Posted By: Strengthman

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 05/13/04 01:34 PM

Conor Fitzgerald is signing with CMSU on Monday.
Posted By: Mike Sample

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 05/13/04 11:15 PM

I read in the hoxie newspaper tonight that Matt Schippers, Jason Schippers, and Mat Gilliland (all from Hoxie) will go to Colby CC. Dennis from Oakley also signed there. I'm just going from memory, but I think these 4 combined to win 9 h.s. state titles. Should be a good year for CCC.
Posted By: 70swrestler

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 05/15/04 08:37 PM

Ben Boyd from BVNW will be signing with Newman University on 5/17

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 05/16/04 01:18 AM

Northern Colorado - Blayze Bahe, Goodland

Air Force - Jacob Kriegbaum, Abilene

Central Missouri State - Brett Shoffner, Lawrence Free State

Central Missouri State - Conor Fitzgerald, Olathe South

Dana - Brett Figge, Kansas City

Labette - Jordan Best, Topeka Seaman

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 05/16/04 01:24 AM

NEOSHO

Cody Bell, Basher
Ronald Hawthorn, Kansas City
Ricky Luangphiphack, Kansas City
Ryan Van Treece, Paola
Jake Ashpole, Valley Center
Sequoya Hill, Wichita Heights
Matt Dukes, Bashor
Brett Fiene, Valley Center
Adam Kipp, Wichita East
James Owen, Kansas City
Posted By: littlejohn

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 05/17/04 02:29 PM

Metcalf is going to Labette, I think because I heard his dad talking to Kramer about it.

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 05/21/04 02:24 PM

UNC Wrestling Squad Signs Grapplers to National Letters of Intent For 2004-05 Season

5/17/2004 9:05:00 AM

GREELEY, CO - The University of Northern Colorado head wrestling coach Jack Maughan announced the signing of prospective wrestlers to National Letters-of-Intent for the 2004-05 season on Friday.

“We are really excited about the class and we felt like we filled our areas of need well,” Maughan said. “We were able to keep the best wrestlers in the state plus be able to go out and get one of the top wrestlers in the state of Kansas. They are a great class to add to our existing team as we go into our first full Division I wrestling schedule. However, this class is not complete and we look to add a couple of more before the fall.”

Blayze Bahe (Goodland, Kan./Goodland HS) was a four-time state place-winner in Class 4A in the state of Kansas. He won the 119-pound state championship as a senior. Bahe also placed second as sophomore and fourth as both a freshman and junior in the state tournament. Bahe is also a junior national Greco-Roman All-American. Bahe is an honor roll student at Goodland High School. His dad, Randy, served as his high school coach.

“We are happy to get out and start recruiting Kansas and to be able to land one of their top wrestlers,” Maughan said. “He is an All-American at the national level, so he is a proven elite competitor.”
Posted By: LancerM

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 05/24/04 05:00 PM

Bartels said he was going to Cornell College.
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 06/02/04 04:47 PM

Unless I missed it this is hot off the press:

Emery McReynolds (sorry about spelling) is heading to Oregon State.
Posted By: Jordon Best

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 06/02/04 08:36 PM

Hey swayz when did you hear this?
Posted By: EYEofTHEtiger_133

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 06/02/04 09:09 PM

Yes, that is right. Emery is planning on attending Oregon State next fall. I believe he signed with them a month or so back if I'm not mistaken.

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 06/03/04 12:43 AM

Beavers Announce Wrestling Signings
Six prep state champs, JC All-American to join OSU program

May 28, 2004

CORVALLIS, Ore. - Oregon State's wrestling recruiting class for this spring includes six high school state champions and a junior college All-American, OSU head coach Joe Wells announced Friday. Joining the Beavers in the fall will be 125/133-pounder Derek Bartlemay (Salem, Ore./Sprague HS), 184-pounder Kyle Bressler (Federal Way, Wash./Decatur HS), 133-pounder Ryan Enoch (Redmond, Ore./Redmond HS), 197-pounder Jason Gage (Florence, Ore./Siuslaw HS), 125-pounder Jake Gonzalez (Enumclaw, Wash./Enumclaw HS), 149/157-pounder Talon Hofman (Burns, Ore./Burns HS) and 133-pounder Emery McReynolds (Galena, Kan./Columbus HS, Labette CC).

"This is an outstanding group that we'll have coming into our room next season," Wells said. "We're excited about what they'll do for the level of competition in our program, what they'll do in terms of pushing everyone we already have to get better every day."

McReynolds was fifth in the junior college national championships this season and placed third in the regional meet at 133 pounds in both his seasons at Labette. At Columbus, he won the state title at 130 pounds as a senior and placed fourth at 119 as a sophomore; he was also regional champ as a senior.

"Emery is a little older, he's got a little more maturity," Wells said of McReynolds. "He's strong and physical. He has a redshirt year and two years of competition remaining, so he actually has three years of college left. He's very competitive; he'll jump right in and make an impact at 133 and challenge guys for that No. 1 spot."

McReynolds, who is considering studying a field in math or science, became interested in OSU through his junior college coach's acquaintance with Beaver assistant coach Jeff Cardwell.

OREGON STATE WRESTLING SIGNINGS - SPRING, 2004

133 - Emery McReynolds (Galena, Kan./Columbus HS, Labette CC)
Junior college national fifth placeat 133 pounds as a sophomore;
state champion at 130 pounds as a senior

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 06/03/04 11:50 PM

Quote:
Hey swayz when did you hear this?
I read it within minutes of it being posted on http://www.themat.com I'm fast on that but slow on just finding out about the Freestyle/Greco State championships going on in JC this weekend..lol.

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 06/04/04 01:05 PM

NAIA

Missouri Valley
Garrett Harding, Winfield

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 06/04/04 01:06 PM

Does anyone know where Cody Garcia is going?

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 06/04/04 07:06 PM

Dear John:

I had heard that Cody was leaning towards Iowa State. Nothing official however. Cody has a cousin who wrestled for the Cyclones - Zach Roberson.

I heard the information several weeks ago from an individual very close to the Hutchinson High School program, however since nothing has been announced, I did not wish to start a rumor.

Again, nothing official on Cody's plans.

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 06/05/04 05:52 PM

I like watching Cody wrestle, he is very smooth. I know he can go just about anywhere, I was just wondering if he had made a decision yet?

Jeremy and Cody wrestled three or four times when they were younger, it was fun watching because they couldn't hold each other and kept putting each other on their backs. Every time they wrestled both of them would be in double figures (18-15).
Posted By: BC Fan

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 06/18/04 09:54 AM

Kenny and Karl Brown signed with Newman University 6-17-04
Posted By: ks4life

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 06/19/04 02:07 PM

Ryan Kromer of Garden City signed with University of Nebraska at Kearny. I have seen him wrestle before and he is fun to watch. I believe he was a state champ his sophomore year and then took third his last two years.

Who else is going to sign with Newman University?
Posted By: rastler

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 06/20/04 06:38 PM

Kyle Oyler from Hutchinson signed with Newman and might play baseball there also.
Posted By: markstovall

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 06/22/04 10:30 PM

Newman University has signed the following wrtestlers:
Karl Brown - Bishop Carroll
Kenny Brown - Bishop Carroll
J.D. Johnson - Bishop Carroll
Kyle Oyler - Hutch
Jesse Meisch - Wellington
Shawn Langhover - Campus
Ben Boyd - Blue Valley NW
Kyle Heincker - Derby
Kelly Heincker - Derby
Matt Wintz - Derby

The following will sign as soon as paper work is completed:
Jason Stockum
Eric Arveson
Keith Sponsel
Ryan Smith - transfer(Dakota Wesleyan)
Tyson Antle - Sperry OK
Cody Smith - Hutch
Brad Leis - transfer(Labette)

Re: COLLEGE SIGNINGS? - 06/23/04 01:33 AM

I am super glad to see that you got one of Jagerson's old boys from Chapman in Eric Arveson...I'll have to come root for Newman now, unless of course you take on UCO. Looks like a pretty solid group coach, good job on the recruiting!
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums