Kansas Wrestling

GPAC this weekend.

Posted By: Scarecrow_103

GPAC this weekend. - 02/12/09 05:39 PM

We got some Kansas Kids representing there respective teams this weekend at GPAC Conference tournament. Should be good.
Jordan Packard- Dakota Wesleyan
Brandon Goodwin- Dakota Wesleyan
Jamon Rush- Hastings

Good Luck to all.
Posted By: Coach Packard

Re: GPAC this weekend. - 02/16/09 10:34 PM

Great tourney. Congrats, Brandon on your top 4 finish. Really proud of you Kansas boys there at DWU. You and Jordan keep up the good work!!!

Re: GPAC this weekend. - 02/16/09 11:20 PM

Ya... Jordan looked pretty good this weekend... caught (and had stuck) a former all-american Dan Pray, im preety sure he is around the age of 28 as well. But Jordan is hanging in there. Thats my practice partner.
Posted By: DanaHeavyweight

Re: GPAC this weekend. - 02/17/09 12:07 AM

jordan did well but did not beat Dan. Dan Pray is also from kansas, don't know if many know that. he is a 5th year senior from St. George, KS. Not bashing jordan just saying.
Posted By: Ricky Bobby

Re: GPAC this weekend. - 02/17/09 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Scarecrow_103
Ya... Jordan looked pretty good this weekend... caught (and had stuck) a former all-american Dan Pray, im preety sure he is around the age of 28 as well. But Jordan is hanging in there. Thats my practice partner.

You’re off about 5 years. At the most Pray is 24 years old. At least he's not a 35 year old Uzbekistani wrestler who’s in his freshman year of college.
Posted By: Coach Packard

Re: GPAC this weekend. - 02/17/09 03:16 AM

Danaheavy..You misunderstood the comment. It was not to imply that J actually beat Pray. The video shows Pray on his back-flat but he never got the pin call from the ref. Also missing back points (as well as a take down call) never awarded. Coach was upset about that and another match....but what do you do? Just gotta hang in there and keep workin to get better. Good luck to all of you in the coming weeks!
Posted By: DanaHeavyweight

Re: GPAC this weekend. - 02/17/09 03:35 AM

that actually happened quite a bit this weekend. i will not say all refs but most were sub-par this weekend, the back points were an well voiced issue to the refs in more than one match. but as you said, what do you do? nothin you can do.
Posted By: Ricky Bobby

Re: GPAC this weekend. - 02/17/09 03:51 AM

That's what happens when you get to far north of the Mason Dixon Line, the referees don't pay attention like us southerners.

Re: GPAC this weekend. - 02/19/09 04:43 PM

Yes I will agree, all the refs were quite terrible this weekend. Though I did not feel that i ever got ripped off, there were several of my teammates that did.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums