Kansas Wrestling

The season is over

Posted By: The Chicken Choker

The season is over - 08/02/05 08:40 PM

out of all the seaon ( freestyle, greco, and folk) what do the poeple think were the best matchs all year, in all styles.
Posted By: Bronco Wrestler

Re: The season is over - 08/02/05 11:15 PM

gotta go with the Grater vs. Cornejo matchups, they were some of the best....
Posted By: klint deere

Re: The season is over - 08/02/05 11:18 PM

Baldridge and Deshazer at freestyle/greco state was good
Posted By: Dean Welsh

Re: The season is over - 08/03/05 12:34 AM

Agreed. The Baldridge/Deshazer Greco match rocked!

Lots of people at matside. Deshazer taking an early lead. I think Baldridge was a bit freaked out by Deshazer quickness at the start. And, then he adjusted and battled back and almost won it. Very exciting and intense. And of course, Baldridge's bloody head at the conclusion added to the saga/drama!
Posted By: Mike Furches

Re: The season is over - 08/06/05 09:08 AM

The Chenoweth and Kearns match up at Freestyle/Greco State was as good and exciting as any I have seen this year. Baldridge and DeShazer was also great, the first one anyway.
Posted By: bdisney1

Re: The season is over - 08/06/05 12:25 PM

Sorry guys but if you are going w/ all matches all year in all styles it has to be Zahm/Erisman in the State Finals. State Finals, down to the wire, most percieved it as an upset, both guys showing good sportsmanship.
Posted By: Dean Welsh

Re: The season is over - 08/06/05 03:14 PM

bdisney1 - great call on the Zahm/Erisman match. I agree heartedly on all of your points. Sure is refreshing to see good sportsmanship for a change!

I saw the Greco Baldridge/Deshazer match - however, i missed their FS match. I heard Baldridge teched him - correct? Seems strange how they could be so close in one style yet one of them gets dominated in the other style. Explainations please? thanks.
Posted By: Crash99

Re: The season is over - 08/08/05 08:57 PM

Differences could be explained simply by the difference between a "Head" wrestler and a "Leg" wrestler. Thus the difference between the styles.
Posted By: klint deere

Re: The season is over - 08/09/05 01:47 PM

the Cotton/Thibault (sorry for spelling)finals match at state match was a great one
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums