Kansas Wrestling

freestyle teams

Posted By: O coach

freestyle teams - 01/20/08 08:28 PM

I am interested in getting my son into freestyle, and looking for teams around Oskaloosa. Or even would like to find a coach with more knowledge that would be willing to coach a team in Oskaloosa. I can get the wrestling room and all but feel that I lack in the freestyle skills needed to coach a team. any information would be appreciated.

Jared Bammes
Posted By: 24/7

Re: freestyle teams - 01/21/08 02:44 PM

Your best bet that is close is the LV County Spartans. Or you can go to Kansas City to KCWC. Both great places. I don't believe you will find enough kids that FS much closer.

24/7
Posted By: maverick

Re: freestyle teams - 01/28/08 12:16 PM

I have an eight yr. old son who loves wrestling and wants to wrestle in the summer. Just wondering how many kids that age go to the tourneys?

Re: freestyle teams - 02/04/08 04:13 PM

They always group in FS/GR because there is not that many kids. If you son is relatively small it's no big deal and there is usually 3-4 kids in a bracket. If he is larger he will usually get grouped with older kids. The kids that do go are usually all good however so you son can get 6 pretty good matches if they do both FS and Greco. My son started at 8 and that is what really helped him take off.

24/7
Posted By: wrestler82

Re: freestyle teams - 03/04/08 04:28 PM

any teams around louisburg ks

Re: freestyle teams - 03/04/08 05:08 PM

Paola or Gardner are both pretty close.

24/7
Posted By: John Leupold

Re: freestyle teams - 03/04/08 07:01 PM

My son will also be looking for a practice partner for free style and Greco. He is a 160 pound cadet. Anyone half way close to Hiawatha that would be interested and working something out with us send me a PM.

Thanks!
Posted By: On_the_Mat

Re: freestyle teams - 03/04/08 09:18 PM

Brett Dunlap- Doniphan West (Highland) HS- placed @ 3A State 171 lbs would be a good fit
Posted By: John Leupold

Re: freestyle teams - 03/05/08 01:15 AM

Brett has been a practice partner of his for years. However, in the past it's been hard to get Brett on the Mat once Baseball starts.
Posted By: Kit Harris

Re: freestyle teams - 03/05/08 04:18 AM

The Douglas County Gold Freestyle/Greco-Roman wrestling club will begin April 1. The team will have practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays (maybe Wednesdays?) from 6:00-7:30 at the South Gym in Baldwin City (located at 8th and Chapel Streets).

The club is open to any wrestler grades 1-12, or any Baldwin wrestler grades 1-8.

Contact Kit Harris with any questions, 785-221-8025.

Re: freestyle teams - 03/05/08 02:35 PM

Nick Pursel is about 150 something pound cadet. Lives just north of Leavenworth.

24/7
Posted By: wrestler82

Re: freestyle teams - 03/07/08 01:36 PM

Does Purler wrestling academy do freestyle?
Posted By: PatrickCavanaugh

Re: freestyle teams - 03/07/08 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: panther wrestler
Does Purler wrestling academy do freestyle?

Yes he does. I believe from April thru May or June then back to folkstyle.
Posted By: BLT

Re: freestyle teams - 03/07/08 07:30 PM

Where is the best place to go in the Wichita area?
Posted By: steph

Re: freestyle teams - 03/10/08 01:00 PM

KCWC has kids from all over the KC Metro :

Kansas City Wrestling Club
2008 Freestyle Season

24505 Prairie Star Pkwy
Lenexa, KS 66227

When : Practice starts Monday, March 10th for 8th grade and above. And April 2nd for 7th grade and below.

Times : Practices are held every Monday & Wednesday 5:30-7pm for the 8th grade and older group. The 7th grade and younger group will practice on Wednesdays from 7-8pm.

Clinics : KCWC will host a free training camp for all club members going to Southern Plains. KCWC will also be attending the Team Champions Team Camp in Baldwin during the summer, all KCWC members will recieve a team discount to the camp.

Club Fees : $150.00 per wrestler, plus $30 for a USA Wrestling Membershp card for the 8th grade and older group. The fee for the 7th grade and younger group is $75.

Coaches : Eric Akin, Dusty Spaulding, Travis Baker, Gonz Medina and others. Please contact Gonz Medina at gonzmedina@yahoo.com if you would like to help coach the program.

Apparel : All KCWC members will recieve 2 team t-shirts and a pair of shorts.

Questions/Concerns : Gonz Medina: gonzmedina@yahoo.com
Eric Akin: eakin@kc.rr.com
*** feel free to email me for a KCWC flier / application
sakin@kc.rr.com
Posted By: wrstlmom1970

Re: freestyle teams - 03/11/08 04:59 PM

Does anyone know of any freestlye/greco clubs around the Scott City area? I have 3 of my own kids that are wanting to get freestlye/greco experience.

Thanks
Posted By: 5-count

Re: freestyle teams - 03/12/08 05:46 PM

SW GRAPPLERS IN GARDEN CITY WILL HAVE A TEAM, CONTACT JOE ALLREANO, HE WILL BE RUNNING THE TEAM. IF YOU CANT GET AHOLD OF HIM CALL ME AT 620-353-7223
Posted By: 5-count

Re: freestyle teams - 03/12/08 05:46 PM

NAME IS JEREMY SORRY
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums