Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Destructive Behavior and Punishment! [Re: Hulse] #101052 02/10/07 08:58 PM
A
appwrestling Offline
A
Somebody that was involed in this as a senior before the state tournament and possibly cost us a state title in baseball my only thing with this. Is that a athlete gets punished alot more than a regular student when in the constitution we are only allowed to be in trouble once for it. However they are getting in trouble for it three times by the school, parents, law and coaches sorry I forgot one. Thats the only problem I have with any rules that the school district has in place because thats going against are constitution.

Re: Destructive Behavior and Punishment! [Re: appwrestling] #101053 02/10/07 09:27 PM
M
mom4 Offline
M
Sorry, I disagree appwrestling. When you decide to compete in a sport, the school spends plenty of money providing coaches, uniforms, gas, entrance fees, equipment, ect. They do this to provide you with an outlet to play. In return, you as an athlete must obey the team and coach rules. The coach and administration do not have to give you anything. The school is giving you a PRIVILEDGE, not a right. If you break a rule, that PRIVILEDGE is taken away (and rightly so).

A person who is just in school has a constitutional right to a free education. If a person breaks a school rule, there will be punishment. However, they still have a right to an education. They may lose all of their PRIVILEDGES but they do not lose their rights.

And by the way, you do still have a free education. You do have to pay an enrollment fee at school but if a person does not pay, they can still attend school. If you do not have the money to pay, you get a reduced fee or it is waived off. If you have the money but don't pay, the school does not have to provide you with anything that is not absolutely necessary to get an education. There is nothing in the constitution that says a school must also feed you or to provide you with free books, paper and pencil.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Curtis Rein), 94 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,968
Posts250,406
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)