Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ulysses Teacher Arrested for Alleged Rape! #111437 08/14/07 06:44 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I post this article with great reluctance and sadness as I have met former Ulysses wrestling Coach Cue on several occasions and have always believed Coach Cue to be of high moral and ethical standards.

At first blush this is very damaging information however I must remind everyone Coach Cue is innocent until proven guilty and I will pray for Coach Cue and his family during this very difficult time.

Ulysses teacher arrested for allegedly raping a student

Ulysses teacher arrested for allegedly raping a student
KSNW-TV
A Ulysses teacher is in the Grant County Jail today, accused of raping a student.

ULYSSES, Kansas, Aug. 14, 2007 – A Ulysses teacher is in the Grant County Jail today, accused of raping a student.

Fifty-one-year-old Rick Cue is charged with two counts of rape, aggravated indecent liberties with a child and aggravated incest. The victim is 16 years old.

Cue is employed by USD 214 in Ulysses.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20265534/

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Ulysses Teacher Arrested for Alleged Rape! [Re: RichardDSalyer] #111446 08/15/07 03:50 PM
J
jwatkins Offline
J
Mr. Salyer:
Why do you feel it is your responsibility to inform the wrestling world of this situation. If you want to pray for Coach Cue and his family that is fine. I find the words that you used to preface the news account hollow and self-serving.
I have met Coach Cue and have no idea of his guilt or innocence but I would not have even been aware of this situation until you brought it to the Kansas Wrestling forum. Was that your motive so that everyone who reads this forum will now be aware of this incident? Before you quote the news story you try to come off like you really care about Coach Cue.
I remember in the past year when you have taken people to task over commenting on alledged actions that took place with the Derby wrestling team. If I remember right you did not want anyone commenting on this situation. What is the difference?
Jeff Watkins

Last edited by jwatkins; 08/17/07 10:52 AM.
Re: Ulysses Teacher Arrested for Alleged Rape! [Re: jwatkins] #111454 08/15/07 06:18 PM
WOOD_WON Offline
Mr. Slayer.
I have the same question. If found not guilty or the charges are dropped will his life go back to normal? NO!!!!!!!!! Will there be a chance for him to coach in Kansas? Probably not. Why? Your post for one. Guilty or not you let everyone know about 1% of the WHOLE TRUTH. Granted that's all you know is 1%. Situations like this are of the worst kind when it comes to people assuming. So, in closing until you know the WHOLE TRUTH of anything would you agree for it be posted on here? NO you wouldn't!!!!!! Just like Jeff said you wanted the Derby situation hush hush to protect the kids. I do agree that that situation had no right to be on this forum. JUST LIKE THIS ONE!!!!!! I would have expected someone to post it but not by someone that is here to promote wrestling not make notice of another black eye for OUR sport of wrestling. Guilty or not, it still brings bad press to wrestling. I don't understand. I don't know all of the facts but, i do know more than anyone else that reads this forum. Facts are black and white and now the grey assumptions will take off.

Thank You,
Jason Wood

Jason Wood

"Champions rise during the week not the weekend"
Jason Wood
Re: Ulysses Teacher Arrested for Alleged Rape! [Re: WOOD_WON] #111461 08/16/07 12:49 AM
W
wrestling67 Offline
W
This post should be removed ASAP! I also believe it is sad that you posted this. Richard would you like your personal and private life on here?

Mel Miller

Re: Ulysses Teacher Arrested for Alleged Rape! [Re: wrestling67] #111474 08/16/07 04:49 PM
W
wrestle007 Offline
W
its not really private once its in the news folks. i mean, i dont know mr. salyer and what his intentions are but its in the news so its not private, its about the wrestling community and his post in and of itself doesn't jump to any conclusions.

Re: Ulysses Teacher Arrested for Alleged Rape! [Re: wrestle007] #111477 08/16/07 05:20 PM
K
klint deere Offline
K
I think it is best just to hope and pray for all in involved

Re: Ulysses Teacher Arrested for Alleged Rape! [Re: klint deere] #111486 08/17/07 01:32 AM
Pelland Offline
WOW…. I also believe this post is inappropriate, thoughtless, and insensitive. Even the subject “Ulysses Teacher Arrested for Alleged Rape” is tasteless and tacky. I assume Coach Cue has friends and family that are members of usawks.com and will read this post. Absolutely nothing positive will come about this post, and quite frankly will only cause more heartache to those who are close to Coach Cue.

After rereading this post, it seems like I’m attacking you. I just wanted to clarify that this was not my intention, but was disturbed by this subject and felt like chiming in. I am new to this forum and don’t wish to offend anyone. This post is only a reflection of my opinion.

Greg Pelland

Last edited by Pelland; 08/17/07 02:46 AM. Reason: clarify intent
Re: Ulysses Teacher Arrested for Alleged Rape! [Re: Pelland] #111492 08/17/07 04:15 PM
R
rjohnson Offline
R
This story had already on KSN, I don't believe that Mr. Salyer was targeting Mr. Cue. In fact he mentioned his point of view as Mr. Cue having high moral and ethical standards. Or maybe he wanted everyone to be aware of sometimes the ones that you may least exspect may shock you when they get involved in things of this nature.

I agree with Mr. Klint Deere, that we hope and pray for ALL involved. However we all know that what ever the outcome that Mr. Cue's way of life before this is over for ever.

On the question of what is this different from the Derby thing and this - If I'm correct they where young boy's who did not do anything that would destroy anyone else's life. I also believe that one child was punished within his family, and gave up the chance to be a 4X State Placer, so I believe he paid for his actions. And the adult that was involved was released as a assitant coach?

Mr. Cue is a ADULT who people intrusted theuir childern with - Need I say more!

Ronnie Johnson

Re: Ulysses Teacher Arrested for Alleged Rape! [Re: rjohnson] #111515 08/19/07 08:00 PM
maybeimamazed Offline
Whether this has been out in the media or not isn't the point. This isn't the place for it and it really shouldn't be here. People are innocent until proven guilty and neither Coach Cue or the young person involved need to have their lives debated here.

You just kinda wasted my precious time
But don't think twice, it's all right
Bob Dylan, 1963
Re: Ulysses Teacher Arrested for Alleged Rape! [Re: maybeimamazed] #111540 08/21/07 01:10 PM
K
kvpxyt Offline
K
The last I knew he wasn't even coaching wrestling this year. I won't mention why on this site. On the current charges I just have two words....Duke Lacross

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 223 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,969
Posts250,407
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)