Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dual State Tournament In Kansas #111871 09/13/07 02:09 AM
Wacob Jagner Offline OP
OP Offline
Why does Kansas not have a dual state tournament the week after or preceding the regular state tournament. I know some states use this format alongside their regular state tournament. Why is this not implemented in Kansas? I, and I'm sure some others, think this would be a great way to see teams go head to head. I don't post very often but I was curious about this. What are your thoughts?

Re: Dual State Tournament In Kansas [Re: Wacob Jagner] #111890 09/13/07 06:41 PM
G
GregMann Offline
G
Regional tournaments are the week before state tournaments.

The week after are the sub-state BB tournaments. While this means little to wrestlers, it would create a scheduling nightmare for school administrators, cheerleaders, fans, etc.

Greg Mann
Manhattan, KS
Re: Dual State Tournament In Kansas [Re: GregMann] #111901 09/14/07 01:01 PM
E
excardinal Offline
E
That is why you should hold the dual state tournament 2 weeks before regionals. This gives ample time for the districts to complete their duals and then for the teams to get ready for the regional tournament after dual state. No scheduling problem there and this woiuld not create a problem in the basketball world. It does cause little problems for late season tournaments but I am sure tourney directors would understand with the qualification of dual state.

Are you TOUGH or do you WISH you were?
Putnam City West High School
Head Wrestling Coach
Go Patriots!!!
Re: Dual State Tournament In Kansas [Re: excardinal] #111907 09/14/07 05:44 PM
ROBERT M. GONZALES Offline
The KWCA presented the Dual State Wrestling Tournament proposal to KSHSAA on April 13,2007. The matter was also discussed by the KSHSAA executive board June 13/14, 2007. The proposal was turned down. This was our seventh attempt by our KWCA leadership and I encouraged the process at the KWCA meeting in March. I know it is diffcult and hard to understand why we keep getting turned down. The KWCA proposal is a good one, better then the first one we presented back in 1996. I was at the KSHSAA Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday in Topeka. The rational seems to be if KSHSAA approves this Dual State Tournament. Other Prep Sports will want to add to their Championship series. Thus creating multi-state championship teams. I will ask the KWCA leadership to once again submit this proposal in April of 2008. We (KWCA)are attempting to improve participation of individuals and teams and I think KSHSAA executive board see us as having two state titles. KWCA may want to sell the idea that KSHSAA would make money. I think the KSHSAA could use the additional revenues. I have been active in the (KWCA since 1977) We will not give up on this proposal and the positives it would bring to our wrestling community. I would like to thank Kit Harris of Baldwin City, Regan Erickson of Overbrok and Doug Moore of Concordia for taking a lead this past year.I know it is a frustrating process but are Wrestlers and we don't quit. Old Coach in Manhattan. RMG

RMG

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 285 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,969
Posts250,407
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)