Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: Chase] #155424 01/10/10 02:20 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Chase
I didn't see any control .. but I did see the Cokely kid push the match the whole time. Not too much action from the VC kid

OK. You wrote "I didn't see any control . . ." Does that mean from EITHER of them? Therefore a one point escape 'should' have been the call?

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: HEADUP] #155426 01/10/10 02:40 PM
djackson Offline OP
OP Offline
I had to break the #119 and #135 into two parts. Here is the #119
part #1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-1ARgdO1y0
part #2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wq6JoTCGZw

Don Jackson
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: HEADUP] #155428 01/10/10 02:59 PM
powercat1 Offline
Originally Posted By: suckerpunch
bad sportsmanship,

That's a nice way of saying it, loss of composure on the mat is very unbecoming, win or lose that's not the place to lose control of your emotions. be mad, throw your headgear, shout profanities...... in the locker room, not in front of the whole gym. Honestly, NOT what I expected to see from a high caliber wrestler like Ryne.

Summertime wrestling, makes wintertime champions
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: HEADUP] #155429 01/10/10 03:04 PM
bawoody Offline
Anyone have the 285 match?

Bruce Woodruff
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: Dean Welsh] #155430 01/10/10 03:06 PM
Beeson Offline
My two cents...the ref got it right. I did not see a reversal or a loss of control. I also have to disagree with Chase...Blair pushed the match just as much as Cokely did. He took the last shot of the match in regulation. It was a good match on both kids part.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: Beeson] #155431 01/10/10 03:16 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Beeson
My two cents...the ref got it right. I did not see a reversal or a loss of control. I also have to disagree with Chase...Blair pushed the match just as much as Cokely did. He took the last shot of the match in regulation. It was a good match on both kids part.

Beeson, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I agree with most of it. My question to you is two fold:

Did one of the refs have a 2 count for Cokeley at around the 10 minute mark and if he did, what would that do for the scoring? I'm not being a smart -ss. I just think you know much more about this stuff than I do and I respect your opinion.

Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: Dean Welsh] #155435 01/10/10 04:07 PM
N
nastyway Offline
N
ha ha it is great to see a premadonna get beat and act like a fool nice sportsmanship

the nasty way is the best way
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: nastyway] #155436 01/10/10 04:20 PM
Y
yeti Offline
Y
140??

Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: Dean Welsh] #155437 01/10/10 04:24 PM
Beeson Offline
Watch the Refs right arm as he starts the match just before the 10 minute mark. As he runs to the action, before any possible back exposure, his right arm swings as he is going to the action. I do not think that the ref is counting back exposure, I believe is arm swings as he is circling. His arm also swings at the 10:04 mark when there could be no possible back exposure. Sound would be nice as I know this official usually counts out loud so there is no confusion. I personally do not think he gave a count.

To answer the second part of your question if a count, even a one count was given, it would be a reversal.

Last edited by Beeson; 01/10/10 04:28 PM.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: Beeson] #155438 01/10/10 04:35 PM
Y
yeti Offline
Y
My opinion, blair legitamately lost control which should have given Cokeley an escape point. We could speculate all day about it. As the record stands, blair won the match.

Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: Beeson] #155439 01/10/10 04:40 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Beeson
Watch the Refs right arm as he starts the match just before the 10 minute mark. As he runs to the action, before any possible back exposure, his right arm swings as he is going to the action. I do not think that the ref is counting back exposure, I believe is arm swings as he is circling. His arm also swings at the 10:04 mark when there could be no possible back exposure. Sound would be nice as I know this official usually counts out loud so there is no confusion. I personally do not think he gave a count.

To answer the second part of your question if a count, even a one count was given, it would be a reversal.

Interesting. Good points. Thanks Beeson.

Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: yeti] #155440 01/10/10 04:43 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Originally Posted By: yeti
My opinion, blair legitamately lost control which should have given Cokeley an escape point. We could speculate all day about it. As the record stands, blair won the match.

True. Can't change the outcome. Good point. But, we can all learn from a discussion about it. Case in point, Beeson teaching me that even if the ref had counted ONCE, it would have been a reversal. I didn't know that. Thanks again.

Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: nastyway] #155441 01/10/10 04:52 PM
Cokeley Offline
Originally Posted By: nastyway
ha ha it is great to see a premadonna get beat and act like a fool nice sportsmanship

It is prima donna. It you are going to be a richard at least learn to spell the key term in your statement. smile

If you have never been in the situation, which I doubt you have, you cannot pass judgement. If you do decide to pass judgement then put your name on your post!

He tossed his headgear. It was underhanded. Big deal. Shelton tried to lecture him after a heartbreaking and questionable ending. Shake hands bump knuckles but do not grab the wrestler. Leave the lecturing to wrestler's coach.

You ask a teenager to turn it up, fill himself with andreline, go out and battle for 7.5 minutes but then immediately act like a perfect gentleman. Give him a break. Vince Lombardi says "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." I am not raising any losers in my house.

I have seen much worse. He shook Cade's hand and followed the post match procedure. Do I wish he would have held onto his headgear and kept his mouth shut, absolutely but that is between me and Ryne not everyone on this forum.

Bottom line. Two great kids battled. One had to lose. Hats off to Cade. Good luck to both. I hope they are both on top of the podium in Salina at the end of February.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: Cokeley] #155442 01/10/10 05:05 PM
P
Pitt Pe-Pa Offline
P
Well said. I think some easily forget the level our kids get to during the matches. Of course, some just want to be jerks and take jabs at others. cool

Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: powercat1] #155443 01/10/10 05:05 PM
djackson Offline OP
OP Offline
I had to break the #119 and #135 into two parts. Here is the 135
part #1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQFbUwHvJes
Part #2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_DoqOU1cYs

Don Jackson
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: djackson] #155444 01/10/10 05:10 PM
N
nastyway Offline
N
thanks for the english lesson cokeley i appreciate it

the nasty way is the best way
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: Cokeley] #155449 01/10/10 05:37 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Cokeley
Originally Posted By: nastyway

It is prima donna. It you are going to be a richard at least learn to spell the key term in your statement. smile

If you have never been in the situation, which I doubt you have, you cannot pass judgement. If you do decide to pass judgement then put your name on your post!

He tossed his headgear. It was underhanded. Big deal. Shelton tried to lecture him after a heartbreaking and questionable ending. Shake hands bump knuckles but do not grab the wrestler. Leave the lecturing to wrestler's coach.

You ask a teenager to turn it up, fill himself with andreline, go out and battle for 7.5 minutes but then immediately act like a perfect gentleman. Give him a break. Vince Lombardi says "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." I am not raising any losers in my house.

I have seen much worse. He shook Cade's hand and followed the post match procedure. Do I wish he would have held onto his headgear and kept his mouth shut, absolutely but that is between me and Ryne not everyone on this forum.

Bottom line. Two great kids battled. One had to lose. Hats off to Cade. Good luck to both. I hope they are both on top of the podium in Salina at the end of February.

Well said Will. I agree with all your points.

Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: Cokeley] #155453 01/10/10 06:18 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Cokeley

you are right will, it's tough to lose. we all have seen worse. do we all wish we would have seen better from ryne, i believe so. some people are going to speak out of envy, you can't let them drag you into the street. i'm sure that you and the coaches will deal with it. however i don't think that in your position you should be jumping anyone, for discussing anything on this forum, no matter how touchy the subject. ryne will be on the top of the podium, i know he will put in the work. i commend him for seeking the competition, we all know that it's sometimes tough to learn until you lose. good luck to you, ryne, reece, and sam. i know there are no losers in your house.

Last edited by suckerpunch; 01/10/10 06:27 PM.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: Dean Welsh] #155454 01/10/10 06:28 PM
Chase Offline
Originally Posted By: dwelsh
Originally Posted By: Chase
I didn't see any control .. but I did see the Cokely kid push the match the whole time. Not too much action from the VC kid

OK. You wrote "I didn't see any control . . ." Does that mean from EITHER of them? Therefore a one point escape 'should' have been the call?

I was reffering to the last second reversal attempt by the bottom man that people are debating, I was stating in my opinion I didn't see any control to award any points. The VC kid stayed on the leg after the scramble when the towel came in, so I dont see an excape either.

Hey Butt-Head what did people do before they invented TV?
Don't be stupid Beavis there's always been TV, there's just more channels now.
Oh yeah, heh heh hehe... progress is cool. Heh hehe heh
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: Chase] #155456 01/10/10 06:51 PM
W
WrestlingB631 Offline
W
No one ever said Cokeley was a loser. It was a great match, and as a former college wrestler they both are very talented. And Mr. Cokeley i do egree with all your point, and i am a close friend of Coach Wyant that used to coach your son, and he said a lot of good things about your son. And i would be lying if i didnt say i wasnt a little dissapointed with the reaction. I am a big firm believer in "WIN LIKE A MAN, LOSE LIKE A MAN". Yes it is definatly between you and him and i wish the best of luck with it. You do have a great son and he has a bright future. Everyone makes mistakes and its how they bounce back is when there true character shows.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 212 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,385
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)