Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Curious #156770 01/19/10 09:48 PM
dalefish1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Curious

About sign off lines:

RE: Richard D. Salyer “ Warning: Richard does not play well with others!”
I was just wondering, does Mr. Salyer have something like Chuck Berry’s ding-a-ling to play well with?

RE: Ricky Bobby “If you ain't first, you're last!”
Why do tournaments have consolation side brackets? If you lose a match you are last.
By the way Phil Mickelson and Andy Roddick take boatloads of money to the bank by finishing last.

And, as an aside, thanks to Hinderliter and Cokley for their wisdom, insight, and subtle humor..

Re: Curious [Re: dalefish1] #156802 01/20/10 12:25 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Originally Posted By: dalefish1
Curious

About sign off lines:

RE: Richard D. Salyer “ Warning: Richard does not play well with others!”
I was just wondering, does Mr. Salyer have something like Chuck Berry’s ding-a-ling to play well with?

Why do tournaments have consolation side brackets? If you lose a match you are last.
By the way Phil Mickelson and Andy Roddick take boatloads of money to the bank by finishing last.

And, as an aside, thanks to Hinderliter and Cokley for their wisdom, insight, and subtle humor..

I have always wondered about Richard's to. It is like an admission that he is an arse or something . . . Social-Path? I don't know. I have never meet him and have no expertise in this field. Let us find out what the Great One himself has to say about it. He might even have a rulebook about it. LOL!

Correction on Mickelson and Roddick - they take boatloads of money to the bank usually by placing in the top three, not by finishing last.

Last edited by dwelsh; 01/20/10 12:26 PM.

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: Curious [Re: Dean Welsh] #156804 01/20/10 12:57 PM
RJW1 Offline
Originally Posted By: dwelsh
[quote=dalefish1]Curious

Correction on Mickelson and Roddick - they take boatloads of money to the bank usually by placing in the top three, not by finishing last.

I think he was suggesting that they win a lot of money for taking second (which would be last in Ricky's book)!

Re: Curious [Re: dalefish1] #156806 01/20/10 01:18 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H

man don't thank cokeley!! i saw him last weekend at the second of four tournaments, (or whatever) and his head was so big it couldn't fit in the gym. lol.

never in my life, did i think, i would hear the name cokeley and the word subtle in the same sentence, but you pulled it off. great job dalefish. great job.

hinderliter is still on top of the fashion charts with those great prints, i mean whether it's 80 degrees, or 10below he's still rockin' the luau prints. awesome.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Curious [Re: dalefish1] #156824 01/20/10 03:05 PM
Ricky Bobby Offline
Curious

About sign off lines:

Well if you remember from my documentary "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" that the motto of "If you ain't first you're last" was imprinted in my cerebellum by my father, Reese Bobby. This was after a traumatic incident where my father left me during my adolescent years after a bring your dad to school day that he was thrown out of by the janitors. I would compare the situation to that of the Johnny Cash song "Boy Named Sue," where a father leaves his son with the only thing that will help him be a better man. It is that motto that has put me where I'm today, the top NASCAR driver and easily the most marketable sum gun there is (thanks for the "screw" up Tiger Woods).

If you ask my ole' friend Beeson, tournaments hand out medals for mediocrity which contributes to the P List or pussification of America. That's why we're the foundin' members of the HA Club.

[Linked Image from media1.tenor.com]
Re: Curious [Re: Ricky Bobby] #156830 01/20/10 03:58 PM
Beeson Offline
HA

and on another Topic, you will find that Mr. SLAYER, also known as Richard SALYER, is a high ranking official in the club as well. We are going STATEWIDE BABBBBY!

I just don't have a catchy sign-off line yet, but I have one in mind.

Last edited by Beeson; 01/20/10 04:02 PM.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Curious [Re: RJW1] #156841 01/20/10 05:09 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Originally Posted By: RJW1
Originally Posted By: dwelsh
[quote=dalefish1]Curious

I think he was suggesting that they win a lot of money for taking second (which would be last in Ricky's book)!

Oh. "Duh" on me. Thanks for the correction because if u aint first, then your last. ;-)

Re: Curious [Re: Dean Welsh] #157008 01/21/10 09:24 PM
dalefish1 Offline OP
OP Offline

To Ricky Bobby

I think in the song you cited, “Boy Named Sue” (written by Shel Silverstein, and performed by Johnny Cash), The dude left an old guitar and an empty bottle of booze. However, Sue was first, as he
whooped up on his Pa.

To RJW1, and dwelch, that is exactly what I meant.

Re: Curious [Re: dalefish1] #157015 01/21/10 11:27 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Boy named Sue . . . Alas, you do not go far enough . . . In the very end, they are the best of friends.

What good sports after such a bad fight ('he came up with a knife and cut off a piece of my ear...').

But in the end, love and reconcilation:

"I got all choked up and I threw down my gun,
called him pa and he called me a son,
and I came away with a different point of view
and I think about him now and then.
Every time I tried, every time I win and if I
ever have a son I think I am gonna name him
Bill or George - anything but Sue."

Re: Curious [Re: Dean Welsh] #157017 01/22/10 12:04 AM
ReDPloyd Offline
So, my only question is, that circle in the middle of the mat, is that the burning ring of fire? If it is, that explains the Sunday morning comin down blues.

"Well, I woke up, Sunday morning...With no way to hold my head, that didn't hurt...And the...", well, you probably know the rest of the story.

Lee Girard
Re: Curious [Re: ReDPloyd] #157024 01/22/10 02:06 AM
dalefish1 Offline OP
OP Offline
To Mr. Dwelsh: That must have been some wrestling match (Sue vs his Pa), But it was a heck of a display of sportsmanship for them to reconcile after such a melee. LOL.

To Mr. ReDPloyd:
Let’s leave Mr. Kristofferson out of this, as I believe he is still looking for Bobby Mcgee “somewhere near Salinas”.

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 156 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,954
Posts250,390
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)