After seeing the Kansas Cup results how would you grade the college programs of Kansas?
Take into consideration recruiting, developing, leading, coaching, and graduating the best student athletes.

1 104.5 Labette CC
Joe Renfro and the Labette Cardinals get an A+. A proven coach, system, and results that back them both up. The coach is passionate and develops champions. Every year they are right in the National title race. Keep it up!

2 82.5 Baker University
Jimmy May and the Baker Wildcats get an A. In just a few short years they are ranked 26th in NAIA. Undefeated in duals! They arguably have a better team than Fort Hays State this year. I see them getting better in the near future. Good Work!

3 77.5 Fort Hays State
Chas Thompson and the Fort Hays State Tigers get a C. They are passing. They had a sub-par showing at the Kansas Cup. They have four ranked wrestlers which isnt horrible. They have nobody ranked in the top 4 though. They are ranked 19th in the country. Are they headed up or down next year? Will they place in the top three in the next 3 years at nationals? I dont think so. Are they developing champion student athletes? Not yet. Have a killer showing at regionals and nationals. I think this team could place in the 5-10 range this year.

4 29.0 Pratt CC
Pratt CC and Coach Carroll get a C
First year head coach needs to get it turned around. Fourth at the Kansas Cup, sounds ok but way behind the others. The Beavers have struggled this year. Lost athletes for various reasons etc., hopefully the year ends better and they crown multiple all-Americans. They are along ways from Hardware as a team right now.

5 26.0 Neosho County
Wayne Petterson and the Neosho Panthers get a D+. He has been there since 2005 and they have had no runs at the national title. Not enough All-Americans. I do like his assistant coach hire of Grayson this year. I think they will be improving but they need to start taking home hardware soon to avoid bad things.

6 17.5 Newman
Ryan Smith and the Newman Crusaders get a C-. They are need of some All-Americans this year. Where do you all see this program being in the next 1-3 years? Will they be competing for hardware and crowning national champions or will this school be ok with being the way it is? Rate the coach??? I dont enough about him and his development of talent his gotten to say anything. I do think recruiting here might be a real tough challenge and Fort Hays would be easier to recruit stud Div. II talent to.

7 14.5 Colby CC
David Nordhues and CCC get a C. Lampe left him nothing and the college didnt hire him in time to do much recruiting. They are scrappy and I think they will be vastly improved next year. It will be easier to rate him next year.

8 10.5 Northwest Technical College
Steve Lampe and the Mavericks get a D. He knew in the fall of last year that he would be coaching in Goodland and only signed 16 kids. Now there are only a few left and they have done terrible as a team this year. I think they will be much better next year but right now they might deserve an F.

Right now, we have on school crowning national champions and that Labette. I am glad we have programs being added but its winning at the highest levels that is exciting. I wish USA Wrestling Kansas would start a tax exemption fund to endow a Division I wrestling program someday. If they would put $15,000 a year in it and could raise another $55,000 a year through tax write-off donations, in ten years that would be close to a million by the time you added interest. When you have a start, its easier to bigger donations. Hope you enjoy the post.