Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What tournament to go to #188753 04/06/11 03:50 PM
lazyman_1 Offline OP
OP Offline
3 national tournaments in the same weekend,e.g. FloNationals, NHSCA, and Junior-Cadet Folkstyle Nationals. Where do high school kids need to be going for the best competition? best national exposure? Kind of frustrating to see some kids go here and some go there.

It seems like the NHSCA Tournaments are starting to lose a little sizzle. Tough to compete with Flowrestling, who puts a lot of the matches online for all to see. I mean you can't get any better exposure to college coaches than that.

My guess is FloNationals is the future and NHSCA is going to be an afterthought in the next 5 years.

Re: What tournament to go to [Re: lazyman_1] #188754 04/06/11 04:03 PM
Enetophobic Offline
Originally Posted By: lazyman_1
3 national tournaments in the same weekend,e.g. FloNationals, NHSCA, and Junior-Cadet Folkstyle Nationals. Where do high school kids need to be going for the best competition? best national exposure? Kind of frustrating to see some kids go here and some go there.

It seems like the NHSCA Tournaments are starting to lose a little sizzle. Tough to compete with Flowrestling, who puts a lot of the matches online for all to see. I mean you can't get any better exposure to college coaches than that.

My guess is FloNationals is the future and NHSCA is going to be an afterthought in the next 5 years.

I think Sr. Nationals will always be the place to go for Seniors. You have to earn your way to make it there 99% of the time, unless you file a petition. More State Champions per bracket then the other competitions.

Now as for the underclassmen, I think it may benefit them more by going to the Flo Nationals to face all classifications and get recognition. I think if you are a Senior and qualified to go to SR. Nationals and do bad, it still looks better then going to flo and losing to a freshman. It all depends if you want potential of being recruited, or being forgotten. A bad loss and you best get good shoes to walk on to a team if you want to pursue the sport at the next level.

Enlighten Me!

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 191 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,385
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)