Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Park City - Thumbs Up #202156 03/03/12 10:30 PM
H
hardyhar Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Just got home from Park City and what a great tournament. There is not a better venue for wrestling than Hartman Arena. Perfect size, perfect seating, everything...

The competition today was great. Great wrestling all day. Everything ran smooth. On time all day long. The addition of the score clocks was great. Made seeing score and time very easy.

This is definitely still one of the top tournaments in the area. My son already can't wait until next year. Oh, and the awards were great once again.

Great job Park City!!

John

Re: Park City - Thumbs Up [Re: hardyhar] #202158 03/03/12 10:49 PM
S
Spexy Offline
S
Disagree. Venue great, competition ok, price of $32 too high, awards cheesy, NOT LETTING WATER IN FOR WRESTLERS BS!! This used to be one of the toughest tournaments of the year. Numbers are GREATLY down small brackets for the older kids. Why? Today's economy $32 to enter and $3 for water, 3.50-4.50 hot dog. Least in the horse barn you had big brackets and could get food and drinks in. Hmmmm.

Re: Park City - Thumbs Up [Re: Spexy] #202164 03/04/12 01:26 AM
M
MacLaughlin Offline
M
I know our boys thought it was pretty cool to be wrestling on full mats in a very nice venue, that only the weekend before, we watched the 5a and 6a state championships. With that comes a price. Personally I'm not in to wrestling in a horse barn. We had a full breakfast before we went in, and packed a cooler that we kept in the car. Bought a water or two and refilled it using the drinking fountain. As far as the awards,...I thought they were fine. They'll most likely end up in a box somewhere in the basement in a few years anyway.

Re: Park City - Thumbs Up [Re: MacLaughlin] #202175 03/04/12 01:17 PM
H
haskins6 Offline
H
It's just another tournament now nothing special about it

Re: Park City - Thumbs Up [Re: haskins6] #202182 03/04/12 02:26 PM
S
Schrater Offline
S
Cost $32 is high, cost of food very high... BUT

1. The best venue of any kids tournament... period!
2. FULL MATS ON FOR MOST MATCHES (8 mats)... I saw many great points scored that would have been OB at any other tournament!!
3. Wrestlers were allowed water, I didnt like the security asking adults about drinking water that was not purchased there. FYI I saw security drinking wal-mart water.
4. Pay $20-$25 to enter Hutch, Salina, Hays and spend much more than the difference on gas.
5. Awards - doesnt matter, just something to complain about.
6. Some tournament prices increased this year, will see more next year as overhead continues to increase.
7. No cost for coaches card.
8. Did I say FULL MATS!!!!

Wichita Classic - Good Job!!. Thanks for wrestling through the finals. I would suggest a little better communication with the wrestling community on the rules at Hartman...... water and snack issues for wrestlers are a big deal. A little better compromise would be nice.

Cory Schrater

Re: Park City - Thumbs Up [Re: Schrater] #202185 03/04/12 03:39 PM
H
haskins6 Offline
H
Thats what made the classic so special in the past was all the hoopla befor the finnals. Take that away and it's just another tournament.

Re: Park City - Thumbs Up [Re: haskins6] #202190 03/04/12 04:36 PM
B
bockman Offline
B
didnt see many out of state kids at the tournament this year. in the years past i saw kids from Oklahoma, texas come to Park City. not sure what the final entry count was but im sure it is down from last year. still like wrestling at hartman arena. always good to be able to wrestle on full mats. im sure the refs liked it better to. i also noticed that there were not near as many out of bounds calls. i thought overall the refs did one of the best tournaments of the year. i only had one quesionable call and it didnt change the outcome anyways so overall that was good. was there a coaches room. if so i didnt even notice but didnt go looking for it either. awards were not good but hey you dont always get what you want. my son had 2 matches so for the price that wasnt too good. hope to see some positive changes for next year to make it better and worth coming back.

Scott Bockover
Re: Park City - Thumbs Up [Re: bockman] #202194 03/04/12 06:33 PM
H
Hutch coach Offline
H
The new score clocks are great,The triangle makes it very easy to see scores and time from alot of different angles in the arena,Numbers did look down-especially in the am.I did like the pump up music off and on during the day.

Christian Middleton,(316)-305-3499
Re: Park City - Thumbs Up [Re: Hutch coach] #202221 03/05/12 12:19 AM
D
DannyB Offline
D
Great Tourny with lots of great competition. Both sessions started on time and was done by 5ish. Good job Steven and everyone else including the table workers.

Make yourself better for the NEXT level
Re: Park City - Thumbs Up [Re: DannyB] #202575 03/06/12 09:01 PM
U
up4wrestling Offline
U
Just a thought...It was a nicely ran tournament. Liked wrestling thru the finals and the split session..Liked the brackets for the champs although the awards were just ok. Loved sitting in the seatback chairs and listening to the music while being able to see the scores and the time! Our wrestlers were allowed to bring in 1 bottle of water..no snacks...although back in the day at the barn you had to empty everything you had and you didn't get a drink or food in then either..that hasn't changed at all..we do need to work on this! Cost of Water was crazy..but it was a nice day so we just went outside..whatever didn't spend $$ at the concessions..but Also didn't have to pay to get into the venue...$32 is pricey but this tourney has always been so. We use it as our end of season weekend to enjoy ..yes the wrestling ..but also our "family" we get to spend the off hours relaxing and telling tall stories..We love it and we'll be back! How can I complain..brought home a Champ smile

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 191 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,385
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)