Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Acceptable to call and recruit clubs for tourneys? #233510 02/06/15 07:36 PM
M
Murph Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I am wondering whether we have any unwritten rules or gentlemanly agreements about host clubs recruiting or calling other clubs and asking them attend tournaments. Many weekends throughout the season have multiple tournaments. The weekend of February 14th is particularly heavy with at least 9 tourneys on Saturday and 5 more on Sunday.

Is there a consensus whether it’s acceptable for host clubs to be calling and asking other clubs to attend their tourneys? I have no idea how clubs are handling it. The club where we wrestle/served as board member already had its tourney, so it won’t affect me.

In short, follow the “Golden Rule” and let people chose without putting them on the spot, or “every man/club for themselves” and get as many clubs to attend your tourney as you can? If recruiting and asking other clubs to attend is acceptable, I guess everyone should be on the same page. Would be unfortunate for some clubs to presume people are deciding on their own, meanwhile other host clubs are busy burning up the phone lines.

p.s. Will we soon see the day when clubs start offering incentives to coaches and volume discounts for bringing large numbers of wrestlers?

Re: Acceptable to call and recruit clubs for tourneys? [Re: Murph] #233515 02/06/15 09:47 PM
J
JamyD Offline
J
That's a new one.... Hey by the way Mission Valley is open for registration. And we are giving the coaches free concessions cards as an incentive. Hahaha

Re: Acceptable to call and recruit clubs for tourneys? [Re: Murph] #233695 02/12/15 09:35 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Murph

Is there a consensus whether it’s acceptable for host clubs to be calling and asking other clubs to attend their tourneys?
In short, follow the “Golden Rule” and let people chose without putting them on the spot, or “every man/club for themselves” and get as many clubs to attend your tourney as you can? If recruiting and asking other clubs to attend is acceptable, I guess everyone should be on the same page.

I guess this explains why our club director is sporting all the latest Blue Chip bling after our club sends all it's members to BFE to wrestle in a tournament!

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 285 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,969
Posts250,407
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)