Congratulations to ALL of the athletes that made it to the state tournament. You should ALL be VERY THANKFUL for making it that far. To the state placers. You should be EXTREMELY THANKFUL. What I witnessed from quite a few of the finalist. Was what I consider ungrateful, and a sense of “privilege”. Some reacted as if they were to be given the championship. I understand that you are hurt by the loss. But we all have to deal with defeat, and move on. Pouting, slamming things, keeping an angry face, and flat out being disrespectful. Is not nor has it ever changed the outcome. Be thankful you made it that far. And accept you got beat. Now if your loss was due to a bad call by the referee. I can understand having a bit of anger. But you still have to move on. By the time the medal ceremony and podium picture are taken. You should have your emotions in check. Some of the podium expressions were insane. One athlete reminded me of Cousin It (from the Adams Family) He figured it was a good idea to just cover his face with his hair. A few just snatched their medal from the cheerleader who was attempting to put the medal around their neck. And one didn’t even show up for the medal presentation. If this is your reactions from losing a wrestling match. You are in serious trouble when you break out into the real world. I did witness a lot of class acts in the championship round. One that really stood out was 6A 113. Those two have had major battles the past few years. At the end of their match. The loser (by no means is he a loser) shook and hugged the winner. Shook hands and hugged the opposing coaches, shook hands with the winner again, then hugged and shook his coaches hands. Total class act. Grateful to be there, and understood his opponent was better that day. My son has made it to State 3 yrs in a row. Has came 1 match away from placing. When he wrestled kid wrestling, I never allowed tantrums, always shook hands with opponents, and the other coaches, and ALWAYS go back to your coach after a loss. Once all that is complete. He had 5-10 minutes of “alone time”. Then it’s time to move on. “Alone time was cut to 5 minutes once he reached high school. Parents, need to get these tantrums under control.