Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: wrestling officiating at state #27823 03/08/04 02:32 AM
LancerM Offline
Didn't Lombardi also say "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing"?

Re: wrestling officiating at state #27824 03/08/04 12:26 PM
J
justadad Offline
J
No he didnt, that is probably the grossest malignment of a great coach. I am not sure where that came from.Probably someone that doesnt like sports, and has a small,pencil like neck.

Those who do not remember their mistakes, are condemned to repeat them.
Re: wrestling officiating at state #27825 03/08/04 12:50 PM
LancerM Offline
Actually, I'm still pretty sure that he did. In fact, here's a link to a quotes page for Vince Lombardi: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/v/vince_lombardi.html

In case you don't want to go there I'll type you a couple of them myself:
-If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
-If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
-If you can accept losing you can't win. If you can walk you can run. No one is ever hurt. Hurt is in your mind.
-Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.

And now for everyone's new favorite:
-Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.

So there, you're wrong and I'm right. And "malignment" is not a word, you just made that up to sound smart.

*Swish*

How's THAT for some gross "malignation."

Re: wrestling officiating at state #27826 03/09/04 02:37 AM
M
Mike Church Sr. Offline
M
I have alot of respect for Lancer. He is alot like Bill O'Reily. He backs it up with facts. I don't even have a kid that wrestle's anymore he is raised now, and yes there are ref's that will hose a wrestler. They were around when my son was wrestling and they are the same ones that cant get their fat a$$'s down to see a pin now. I won't name names they KNOW I know who they are. Doesnt matter. There are some good ref's and there are some bad ref's I can live with that if you can. I can't live with the cheating ref's some who have protected the records of certain wrestlers.

Re: wrestling officiating at state #27827 03/09/04 03:09 PM
P
P. Pitbull's Old Dog Offline
P
Gentlemen you have a legit complaint. Officiating did seem a little off at State.

First I think we need to realize that we are all human. Being human we make mistakes. How many coaches made mistakes which might have cost a kid a match.
We do need a system to keep the officials in check. I would hope are officials are professional enough to not hold grudges or make a bad call intentionally.

In Freestyle they have a system to evaluate officiating, maybe we need to look into how they do it and see if we can incorporate something for our folkstyle refs. Beware of the politics that could become involved.

Oh my bad, I forgot their already is.......

Head Coach - Peterman Pitbulls
Re: wrestling officiating at state #27828 03/10/04 01:35 AM
Dr. Bailey.... Offline
If a kid loses a match by one point and on a bad call at the end of the match I GUARANTEE there were several opportunities in that match for the kid to score. I know ref's are gonna make bad calls. They are human. My deal is as long as they are consistant it's not as bad. I just received the 2004 Edition of the International Rule Book & Guide to Wrestling and on the very first page under the heading "Modern Wrestling" it says and I quote "Wrestlers are expected to go
"all out" from start to finish" and later it adds "Passivity (stalling) is the worst enemy of wrestling". So even if the kid is riding legs either he makes action of gets dinged for stalling. Same on bottom man. I myself wrestled four years in high school then 2 at Labette and would LOVE the opportunity to ref. BUT getting a meeting that is close is hard. I realize there was one like 5 months ago in parsons, but that's it. If you miss it your screwed here in SEK. I know I'm not alone in wanting to get to officiate some high school matches. I whole heartedly agree that the younger guys are eager and would push the older guys to officiate at a higher level.

Hey church didn't you ref. at the classic last weekend?????

Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
Re: wrestling officiating at state #27829 03/10/04 03:39 AM
H
HOTFORME Offline
H
there were a few officals that were bad, Like in one of Johnny Chrismans matched he had 3 secs left and he threw a head-lock and took the oppenent to the ground with 1 sec and the ref didnt give him any pts. It was horrible I even saw that and I was up in the stands

Re: wrestling officiating at state #27830 03/12/04 04:45 PM
M
Mike Church Sr. Offline
M
Best thing that could have happened to Johnny Chrisman would have been lett his uncle John Chrisman ref his match!! He would have won for sure then. LOL hahaha I better stop. But I won't. I would compare Big John's reffing to well let me see, ohh ok the same set of standards he uses to coach the Haysville Jr. Wrestling. Big John is now in the Campus hall of fame for having such high standards. He is in the same books as the likes of Carl Hall and others of the same calibur. LOL ok I'm stopping.

Re: wrestling officiating at state #27831 03/12/04 04:53 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
Quote:
and has a small,pencil like neck.
The late great"Classy" Freddy Blassie said it best:

"You pencil neck geek!"

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Chase), 219 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,969
Posts250,407
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)