Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Goodland Crowd vs. Abilene Crowd #30134 03/01/05 11:19 PM
MATT-FAN Offline
nigel you sound as intelegent as you always do. i need no evidence for you all you need to do is listen to the people talk at the tournament about abilene, and NO i won't keep my mouth shut. you must have an IQ of H2O.

Re: Goodland Crowd vs. Abilene Crowd #30135 03/01/05 11:22 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
Well I guess I don't have to question your "intelegent" behavior.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Goodland Crowd vs. Abilene Crowd #30136 03/01/05 11:23 PM
MATT-FAN Offline
no you don't thank you!

Re: Goodland Crowd vs. Abilene Crowd #30137 03/01/05 11:29 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
I guess I just assumed that an INTELLIGENT person wouldn't make false claims just to try and berate someone. I don't feel like arguing about this with you, I think you've pretty much shown what you are all about all by yourself. Congratulations.

By the way if your mom needs a towel I'll be glad to buy her a brand new one and overnight it to her, as an appology on behalf of the good people of Abilene who weren't throwing water.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Goodland Crowd vs. Abilene Crowd #30138 03/02/05 12:24 AM
chewbacca Offline
can you send it to me instead Nigel? i could always use another good towel.

Maybe you're not an ugly human, but a good looking ape.....with exceptional verbal skills.
Re: Goodland Crowd vs. Abilene Crowd #30139 03/02/05 12:24 AM
B
Big Fan Offline
B
I think that it is really bad when you are throwing water on a 69 year old lady. Security was called up to the Abliene sections 3 or 4 times. I understand backing your school but throwing water on a older lady is stupid. Nigel I can see that you apology is heartfelt. I don't agree with T-coach/dad for attacking 2 kids just because he is mad at some bad fans. The whole thing seems stupid to me. Fans need to realize that your representing your town and a few bad ones can affect the whole town.

Re: Goodland Crowd vs. Abilene Crowd #30140 03/02/05 01:13 AM
Nigel Isom Offline
Big Fan,

I just got off the phone with a really good friend of mine who is a third party to this whole situaiton who was sitting there and witnessed the whole thing. The state tournament is the only one he goes to every year so he has nothing vested in swaying a story to one side or another. I also found out who it was that threw the water, and I was competly surprised becuase this particular person coaches a college wrestling team. In any case from what I have heard, this 69 year old lady was not as innocent as her son would have everyone believe. In fact from what I have heard now from several people, is that she could not keep her comments about anything to herself and was in fact baggering part of the Abilene crowd, especially after Matt Rein lost his match. Now I understand how the Goodland crowd probably felt after having being 1 upped in the team by Abilene once again which is nothing new. But to sit there and purposely try to incite emotions from a team sitting next to you, its very immature. As I said earlier there isn't an excuse for the water throwing event, but it sounds like she got what was comming to her since she couldn't act like a 69 year old and keep her negative comments to herself.

I am totally disgusted with the display by a few of the Abilene faithful, I am even more disgusted by the way that someone would come on here and try to defend someone as if they were innocent, when in fact it was them causing the problem. Grow up people, geez.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Goodland Crowd vs. Abilene Crowd #30141 03/02/05 01:43 AM
MATT-FAN Offline
nigel grow up your so called source is totally false if it is a source more than likely it is just you looking in the mirror, that accusation is totally false shame on you for accusing her of that , but if it makes you feel your right than power to you, so clean up the smudges on your mirror AND GROW UP!!!

Re: Goodland Crowd vs. Abilene Crowd #30142 03/02/05 01:52 AM
Nigel Isom Offline
As I said before this person is not and has not ever been a member of the Abilene wrestling team, he is simply a spectator who happened to be sitting next to the two people involved in the situation. But you are going to sit there and say that someone did absolutely nothing wrong? Come on any reasonable person who reads this forum knows that people arguments don't just happen because of one person. Ever hear the phrase, "It takes two to tango?" Well I am relatively sure that the water thrower in question didn't just decide that they were bored, and that it was time to throw some water, especially at someone who never uttered a word to them. Bottom line, representatives from both teams acted inappropriately, I have apologized on behalf of our fans because I recognized their wrongs. I have a feeling no such apology will come from the other side, as they have made it pretty clear that they think they didn't do anything wrong, but clearly everyone else knows that not to be the case.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Goodland Crowd vs. Abilene Crowd #30143 03/02/05 02:07 AM
D
dbedore Offline
D
Nigel,
Just because a 69 year old lady says a few unkind words gives a MAN the right to throw water at her???????? Come on Nigel. Could that not be construed as assault?

Re: Goodland Crowd vs. Abilene Crowd #30144 03/02/05 02:15 AM
Nigel Isom Offline
I don't think a "few" would probably be the right reference here. From the sounds of things, there was a lot of words said between both sides before any water was thrown. But while im on the subject does that mean that everytime someone splashes someone at the pool they should be brought up on charges? For the last time, I don't condone what happened, but I honestly believe that alot more was said from the other side to invoke this, I've also got to believe that these words were said out of spite because one team was leading the other.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Goodland Crowd vs. Abilene Crowd #30145 03/02/05 02:21 AM
B
Bronco Wrestler Offline
B
Not to interupt the fight, but who cares who was leading who? they were fighting for 2nd & 3rd anyway.... besides just let it go, it's over

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: Goodland Crowd vs. Abilene Crowd #30146 03/02/05 02:29 AM
D
dbedore Offline
D
I don't care how many "wrods" were exchanged. It still does not give anyone(I don't care which side you are on)the right to throw anything. Wrestlers are supposed to be known for their mental toughness, what happened here?

Nigel, we know you were not there, so maybe you are not getting the full story. Maybe if you were there the incident might not have happened.

I was there and my son was trying to protect the woman who was getting pelted with not just water but ice also.

Re: Goodland Crowd vs. Abilene Crowd #30147 03/02/05 02:37 AM
Nigel Isom Offline
I wish I could have been there, but I was officiating elsewhere. The only reason I commented in this forum was because some people were trying to make it sound like this was just a one sided thing when it was not. Everyone involved was responsible. This happens every freaking year between these teams, and it really makes me wonder why Goodland always sits next to Abilene. Hopefully next year at Salina the two teams can find room, preferably on opposite sides of the Bi-Center, and this crap won't happen.

By the way Alex, at the time of this incident there was still a statistical posibility of Abilene winning 1st, so your comment was not quite right.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Goodland Crowd vs. Abilene Crowd #30148 03/02/05 02:48 AM
D
dbedore Offline
D
I agree that it is not one sided but I have also seen firsthand the Abilene crowd in a volleyball match at state last year when my daughter was playing against Abilene. The match had to be stopped a couple of times because of rude comments that came from the Abilene crowd. The official had to go over several times to reprimand them.

Abilene has a good fan base and they support their teams but some fans get out of control.

Re: Goodland Crowd vs. Abilene Crowd #30149 03/02/05 02:51 AM
Nigel Isom Offline
And so does every other crowd in the state, don't just pin it on them, as an official I have witnessed crowds from 90% of this state, and there is always a few bad apples from each.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Goodland Crowd vs. Abilene Crowd #30150 03/02/05 03:06 AM
D
dbedore Offline
D
Agree with you there. Maybe next year someone in Salina will do their homework and separate these two teams. But in my 12 years as a volleyball coach that was the first time I had ever seen a match held up because of a crowd's behavior.

Barb Bedore

Re: Goodland Crowd vs. Abilene Crowd #30151 03/02/05 03:13 AM
W
wrestlingfan_05 Offline
W
I am from Abilene and I was setting there the whole time while all of this was going on and personally I thought it was pretty dang funny. Goodland and Abilene have never gotten along and they never will. Who cares if Goodland wants to complain about something so stupid as airhorns. I don't believe that the airhorns were hurting anyone and it wasn't like they were making a scene with them during the actual wrestling, it was while everyone was waiting for finals to begin. Goodland just needs to remember about that Abilene will ALWAYS be one step ahead of them!!

Re: Goodland Crowd vs. Abilene Crowd #30152 03/02/05 03:17 AM
Nigel Isom Offline
Well now I wouldn't go that far, rememebr we've only come into our own in the last 10 years.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Goodland Crowd vs. Abilene Crowd #30153 03/02/05 03:42 AM
The Nova Offline OP
OP Offline
Everyone is making some good points. Nigel makes one, because he feels like we're pinning bad behavior by fans only on Abilene and we definitely should not do that. Everyone that has posted from Goodland made valid points as well. Maybe these two teams need to bury the hatchet, because it's a pointless feud for two teams so far away from each other.

If someone says something bad about your team, just let it go. It's no big deal when someone tells you they don't like your team, because I believe what those kids do on the mat speaks for itself. Rooting against another team when your team has no one in the match is uncalled for in wrestling. Just concentrate on your own kids. You don't need to root out-loud at great length against another team, just because their crowd might not be overly friendly to you.

Goodland has been better than Abilene some years and Abilene has been better than Goodland some years. That's what competition is all about. Just drop this crap and leave each other alone. Some year when they both suck no one will care about the other and it will be like it should be now. You get what I'm saying?

P.S. No offense here Nigel, but I'm waiting for your two cents, because I know you'll have em. You always do.

What did the 5 fingers say to the face? Slap!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 272 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,964
Posts250,402
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)