Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KWCA Password #35669 11/04/03 02:09 PM
B
bobphillips Offline OP
OP Offline
B
If you are a High School coach and you need the Password for the KWCA page please e-mail Bob Phillips bphillips@holtonks.net

Re: KWCA Password #35670 11/04/03 08:40 PM
Prant Garker Offline
Hi, this is....um...Coach P. Garker, and I was wondering if you could just send me that KWCA board password to my private message account. And don't worry, this isn't Prant. This is his much older, wiser, less-trouble-causing uncle, Plant...I promise I won't tell him the password.

But I do say, ol' Prant has a lovely Avatar! What a fine young man my nephew is.

Re: KWCA Password #35671 11/06/03 07:18 AM
wrstler07 Offline
I will get onto that site if it's the last thing I do.

Muahahaha...

Oh snap.
Re: KWCA Password #35672 11/06/03 01:29 PM
B
Brent Lane Offline
B
Yeah, the password is, are you ready for this, get out your pencil....

takeaflyingleap Ha! Ha!

"If it is to be, it is up to me!"
Re: KWCA Password #35673 11/06/03 05:42 PM
Prant Garker Offline
Um, Mr. Lane, I tried the password you just disclosed, and I must say it was ineffective. Could you please enlighten me as to why this is so?

I mean, a moderator has never suppressed our civil liberties BEFORE, and I would hate to think this is the start of some terrible trend of censorship/withholding of information.

Again, this is Prant's uncle, Plant. Prant is currently away on vacation, and will be for a long time.

Re: KWCA Password #35674 11/06/03 05:53 PM
B
Brent Lane Offline
B
You should be proud of the fact that your wit and humor has caused us coaches to search for an alternative to discuss issues that we feel are important. It makes it real difficult to post something and recieve several replies that have nothing to do with the topic we are in search of. Even if the replies are related they don't seem to help and sometimes can contribute to the frustration level of each coach. You may have noticed before, but we coaches are a busy group that dedicate a great amount of our time to our student athletes. Sometime the wit and humor is just too much and we would rather get down to "just the facts".

With all this in mind, you may have detected the facetiousness of the password I provided for you. It is a false password and I was only toying with your emotions.

"If it is to be, it is up to me!"
Re: KWCA Password #35675 11/06/03 07:31 PM
L
L Grater Offline
L
Prant and others:

I can understand why the high school coaches felt it was necessary to have their own "talk forum". At times, I too get disgusted with your topics that have nothing to do with the sport of wrestling or the wise comments you have made. However, I tolerate it and forward past them.

When the high school forum was open to all, it provided information to others around the State of Kansas on how our "kid wrestlers" were doing at the next level. I am one who misses being able to read the information and I'm sure there are many others also that are not high school coaches.

In the upcoming season, I am one who would appreciate it if we could please try and keep the posts about the subject of wrestling!

Re: KWCA Password #35676 11/07/03 03:03 AM
Prant Garker Offline
Now Mrs. Grater, you are definitely a respected figure in our tiny little world of Kansas wrestling. However, on this issue I must respectfully disagree.

Often adults* complain about the level of humor and non-serious posts on this forum (some would call it witty banter). I must admit that I am in part responsible for this. And yet, these same adults never attempt to add anything to the discussion of Kansas wrestling themselves. Case in point:

The last topic (with a reply) that was started by someone out of college that had anything to do with Kansas high school wrestling was "Congratulations to the wrestlers who got ranked in the nation." [sic], originally posted by Oldtimer on September 25th, 2003. That's a month and a half without an adult initiating a topic. The only topic on Kansas wrestling that remains on the first page that was started by an "adult" is Les Brown's "Returning points for 3-2-1a" topic, originally posted on May 2nd, 2003. That's ONE topic having to do with high school wrestling started by an adult.

And yet, on the first page alone, 35 topics which had relevance to high school wrestling were started by college-age or younger students. It starts with the topic "Mike Mancuso" and ends with "Best 103 Pounders in 321a." And consider that this is in the offseason, when there is VERY LITTLE to talk about without having the same conversation over and over. I would think that 35 topics of relevance to Kansas wrestling that had been updated in just one week would satisfy those of you who want wrestling information, especially in the dull off-season. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Of the topics that DON'T have anything to do with high school wrestling, one was started by Mr. Aaron Sweazy, who is one month away from joining those of you in the "real world." (Way to go, by the way.) Two others were started by Coaches Richard Fergola and Brent Lane that didn't have any relevance to the wrestling sanctioned by the KSHSAA. Other recent topics that don't directly include information on Kansas wrestling were such topics as the health of Mark Schieber and the "Happy birthday, Ben Pretz!" thread I started. Surely health information and birthday wishes aren't too terrible for you to skip over...

Many adults may argue that they don't post because "you crazy kids with your Nintendos and your fast cars will just end up talking about things that don't matter." And this may be true. But what is to stop you from steering the conversation back in the direction of the topic's original intent? And yes, topics drift off course, but how is this different from everyday conversation? I know I often start conversations with my parents that have to do with my studies, and then we end up talking about how totally hilarious "The Simpsons" is. To say that all your conversations always start and end on the same topic is simply untrue.

Another common complaint is that our topics have nothing to do with wrestling. On the contrary, I think they have a great deal to do with it. Talking about man-crushes, a certain coach's hot wife, and Quar is part of the sport. Anyone who has ever sat in a wrestling (puff-puff-give) circle knows that only a small part of the sport is the actual competition of the opponent. One of the main reasons I continued to wrestle was because of the comraderie felt with my teammates and my opponents, not because I particularly liked skipping meals and getting pummeled. Talking about these things on the forum only strenghtens the bond of wrestlers between different teams, especially those that competed at Fargo. It is my opinion that a forum devoted to "Kansas High School Wrestling" should consist of ALL aspects of Kansas High School Wrestling. Whether you like it or not, making fun of someone for having a hot wife is part of the sport.

And who is to say that adults are immune from our "childish" behavior? Coach Jilka from Goddard, Mamasawn, Jim Gaither, Coachtwink, etc. have all engaged in topics ranging from the size of Jilka's bum, the possible man-crush of Mamasawn, the baldness of Mike Bammes' head, and the writing ability of America's youth. Are these people criticized for wanting to have a little bit of fun? Absolutely not. In fact, most (if not all) of these people will have access to the very same forum that is meant to filter out this kind of talk. It appears to me that coaches/adults are allowed to engage in the same witty banter as youths, only they are not punished for it. Let those of you who are without sin cast the first stone...

Look, if you want to talk about wrestling, by all means do so! There are 35 topics on the first page alone! No one is stopping any of you who disagree with the level of humor on this forum from posting your own thoughts. Free country, First Amendment, God Bless America and all that. I'd be willing to bet that we'll join in and offer our viewpoint as well. But to just sit back and criticize how we don't talk about wrestling, then fail to offer any information on the sport yourself is hypocritical. To single out our beloved Mrs. Grater, before Nov. 6th, her last topic that had anything to do with Kansas wrestling was in regards to the Southern Plains tournament, posted on June 2nd. Five months ago.

I don't intend this post as an attack on Mrs. Grater. From all I have heard, she is a wonderful lady, and it is obvious that she has done much for the sport. This post is directed at those who feel it is necessary to take a holier-than-thou position and criticize young adults because they wish to have a little fun on the forum boards. If you want to talk about wrestling--post it up, and we'll talk about it. If you don't post it, we'll keep ourselves busy with other things. You willingly log on, willingly open posts, and you can skip over topics you deem non-wrestling related. If you complain, you're just being a Grumpy Gus. (And no one likes a Grumpy Gus.)

For those "adults" who want to talk about wrestling, go to your KWCA forum. In it's 2-3 week existence, 10 threads have been started. I'm guessing one or two of those have to do with the new forum and its purpose, so that's maybe 8 topics pertaining to wrestling. In the same span, I'd would guess at least 40-50 topics have been started on the high school board. Good thing you have a forum to finally talk about wrestling, though, right? :rolleyes:

Since all of you who criticize witty banter had a turn on your soapbox, I decided to take mine. And now I'll get off of it. Pob Bhillips, you can delete this topic like you did that last one, but it doesn't change the fact that the logic behind the KWCA coaches-only board is flawed. To say we "don't talk about wrestling" and then not talk about it yourself is hypocritical. And I'd be willing to bet that Les Brown, Mrs. Grater, Jim Gaither, and other select non-coaches will be given the password to the new forum...the hypocrisy continues.

**Really, this isn't an attack on Mrs. Grater. I'm sure she's a wonderful lady. If I'm ever in Clay Center, Mrs. G, maybe we can have meaningful conversation/a date or something...provided Mr. Grater is totally cool with it.

Re: KWCA Password #35677 11/07/03 03:39 AM
Mike Juby Offline
Prant,

At the risk of totally blowing my “Evil Empire” image, I find most of your posts enjoyable and entertaining. Unfortunately, there are many whose banter crosses the line; these are the ones which force us to resort to measures such as modifying or removing messages. In extreme cases, we’ve even been forced to ban users from the forums. On the other hand, after looking over the last two sentences I typed, I realize that my “Evil Empire” status is in no danger!

The KWCA forum was not created to give the high school coaches their own private arena for carrying on scintillating conversations. The purpose of the forum is to allow the coaches to do wrestling business. If they were to try and carry on business on this forum, their topics would quickly become inundated with a wide variety of non-pertinent comments. For those coaches who do not have the time or desire to read thru these comments (witty and engaging as they may be), this made the forums a poor place for them to carry on their business.

I have access to the KWCA forum, and can assure you that the topics are very dry. In fact, I suspect that you would have a difficult time restraining yourself from “livening” them up a little. This is why the coaches wanted to keep access restricted.

Please continue to enjoy the present forums. Follow the simple rules, and you and others will be given great latitude. By the way, were you aware that 4A is the toughest class, although Hoxie is the toughest team, and Olathe has the best cheerleaders?

Re: KWCA Password #35678 11/07/03 04:05 AM
J
Jim Gaither Offline
J
Quote:
Originally posted by Prant Garker:
....."you crazy kids with your Nintendos and your fast cars will just end up talking about things that don't matter.".......And I'd be willing to bet that Les Brown, Mrs. Grater, Jim Gaither, and other select non-coaches will be given the password to the new forum...the hypocrisy continues.
I no longer consider myself a crazy kid but I do own a Sony Playstation (OK, I bought it for my crazy kids) and I still have MY original NES. I drive a Trans-Am Firehawk (330 HP, 0 to 60 in 5 seconds). I've wanted one since I was a crazy kid but only now at my ripe old age can I afford it. I don't let my crazy kids drive it..... yet.
I don't have the password to that new-fangled forum, have not asked for it and don't really care to have it. I don't mind anything you post in this forum as long as it is not obscene and consists of at least "C" level English. I have never criticized witty banter, only people who whine about the difficulty of "pulling a B" in English. Finally, if I can find that post on Forum Records, I'll add a new one: Post with the most words containing correct spelling and grammar. - Prant (Plant?) Garker :p

Re: KWCA Password #35679 11/07/03 04:33 PM
M
mamasawn Offline
M
Prant, leave the house once in a while man! Isn't there any thing else to do in Man-crushhatten?
Oops, that wasn't a wrestling related comment, I hope I don't have to relinquish my coaches password.

Re: KWCA Password #35680 11/07/03 06:52 PM
parkwayred Offline
Prant you have slept to close to the northern lights… The magnetic flux has definitely had an effect on your temperament. Your mind is spinning out of control in a celestial orbit a few light years from earth, where do you come up with all this gibberish? Has the green monster truck rolled over your forehead and left tire tracks? I find this very entertaining that your whit never seems to stop. You’re on a roll now.

I’m not very smart… but I can lift heavy things!
Re: KWCA Password #35681 11/07/03 09:03 PM
Prant Garker Offline
Mamasawn- you're fired for spelling ManhattAn wrong, even after I yelled at ABartels, among others. I expected more out of you . Plus, to call it "Mancrushhattan" would imply that EVERYONE in the town had creepy man-crushes. Rather, it is only Potter and Pamon Darker.

Also, I am not stationed in Manhattan anymore. 'Tis no longer my home base. And Red, I don't see the "Northern Lights" up here. In fact, all I see are city lights. I can see two stars in the sky. Two. It's totally bogus.

Re: KWCA Password #35682 11/07/03 11:27 PM
J
jmadden Offline
J
First at the risk of having a "Mancrush" I just have to love you Prant. Second even though I am kind of a Fanatic about wrestling, I am delighted that our wrestlers didn't start their diets the third week of Football this year and I won't mind waiting another three weeks to think or post seriously about wrestling even if it means our team gets off to a slow start and since the wrestling coaches are also the football coaches I am sure they won't mind either. Lastly, I am sure you have noticed "ONE or TWO" of the coaches don't appear any more "at the least" mature with their posts than "us" kids, so I think a private forum is a good idea.

Re: KWCA Password #35683 11/08/03 05:52 AM
wrstler07 Offline
Prant, I have been neglecting the boards latly, but your amazing speech has struck a match in my board loving heart. That was perfect.

Mr. Juby, I've never viewed you as the "evil empire" type. Ever since you said you thought my chicken was cool, you've been rad in my book. You rule without oppression and for that I commend and thank you.

Also Prant, Pamon sent me some nice halloween pictures, let me know if you want to see 'em.

Oh snap.
Re: KWCA Password #35684 11/10/03 02:25 PM
M
mamasawn Offline
M
I will not spell ManhattAn wrong again, I will not spell Manhattan wrong again, I will not spell Manhattan wrong again, I will not spell Manhattan wrong again, I will not spell Manhattan wrong again. Is 5 times enough for my punishment?

Re: KWCA Password #35685 11/11/03 01:12 AM
ABartels Offline
Dang it, Prant, your right. I looked it up in the dictionary, ManhattEn is apparently spelled ManhattAn. I didn't beleive you at first but Webster has never lied to be before. So I trust him, it or whatever.

Don't ever take me seriously

ENJOY!!!

ABARTELS

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 156 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,969
Posts250,407
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)