Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Why does everybody have to bash Hoxie? #36226 01/28/03 07:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Hoxie has proved themselves in being one of the best teams in the state if not the best. In all the tournaments they have won by at least a margin of 30 points or more. I think that everyone who is talkin trash is probably just jealous of the fact that they aren't as successful and don't have stacked weights from 103 up. So instead of bashing them maybe you should be recognizing them as one of the toughest teams this state has to offer and treat them with the respect they deserve.

Re: Why does everybody have to bash Hoxie? #36227 01/28/03 08:33 PM
resslnfan Offline
I don't know what bashing your talking about but just consider the source and try to wade through the immature and/or uninformed comments (we've seen a lot of this recently). I'm from north central Kansas and I'm proud of our wrestling success here, but it pales in comparison to what Hoxie has accomplished over the years. What an amazing story - a small community like Hoxie that is very deep in tradition and a perennial power regardless of class. Truly impressive!

Re: Why does everybody have to bash Hoxie? #36228 01/28/03 10:43 PM
D
dbedore Offline
D
I think the bashing you are talking about stems from one thing, jealousy. I think these kids prove themselves every week that they are the best team in the state.

Re: Why does everybody have to bash Hoxie? #36229 01/28/03 10:54 PM
Prant Garker Offline
Hoxie is #1. No question. Big ups to them.

Re: Why does everybody have to bash Hoxie? #36230 01/29/03 12:27 AM
J
jmadden Offline
J
I guess I haven't seen the so called bashing you are talking about. I think Hoxie is the best team in the state (all classes). I also don't think they have any kid who would win grand state though they have a lot of very good ones. Saying this is not bashing, it is my honest (no bias) opinion. I would tell you that when anyone repeatedly tells you things like leading by a huge number to minus one over a quality team and spewing like a broken record, the tendency is to say enough already!!! I am a firm believer that one should brag on your good opponents, and let OTHERS brag about you. I can see some don't subscribe to this and chew out neighbors who compliment someone from outside their league.

Re: Why does everybody have to bash Hoxie? #36231 01/29/03 01:35 AM
L
Les Brown Offline
L
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm a real loser for cheering for my alma meter and for my league. And also for choosing to bring attention to their success.

And the fact that I'm willing to admit when I make the wrong call - which I clearly did on Taplin, the guy is an animal - no doubt only adds to my reputation as being most disgraceful participant on this forum.

In fact, about the only thing worse than my actions would have to be the weasel that throws insults around like they are going out of style and hides behind the anonymity of a ficticous name while doing so.

Give me a call, fanatic. I'm in the book.

Re: Why does everybody have to bash Hoxie? #36232 01/29/03 01:43 AM
gwalz Offline
I know Les Brown hates me over the Sharpe Taplin match call, cause I picked Taplin and he's not in the NWKL like me and Sharpe are, but he knows who to hate, cause I don't hide behind any name.

///Word
I'd like to see you try and make me
>>>Fa shizzel my wizzel<<<
--Lick my nine--
Re: Why does everybody have to bash Hoxie? #36233 01/29/03 01:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is there some kind of "awesome at wrestling" potion in the water supply at Hoxie, 'cause if there is, i think thats cheating

Re: Why does everybody have to bash Hoxie? #36234 01/29/03 02:54 AM
L
Les Brown Offline
L
nah - I don't hate anybody. Life is too short for that.

The fact that someone is bold enough to stick their neck on the chopping block with a prediction that goes against the norm or that someone is passionate enough to speak their mind about a topic is only seen as being admirable in my viewpoint.

No hard feelings here. It would be a pretty boring forum if we all agreed with each other!

Re: Why does everybody have to bash Hoxie? #36235 01/29/03 03:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As far as I know, no one has been bashing Hoxie. Does anyone actually think there is a better team out there? Not I. Did anyone see my big ups post last saturday night? I ain't drinkin none of that Haterade.

--Sidenote: I don't think that the immature comments as of late were in any way directed towards Hoxie. They were just goofy gaffs from some bored high schoolers, who seem to joke on themselves more than anyone else.

Re: Why does everybody have to bash Hoxie? #36236 01/29/03 07:34 PM
R
RCW Offline
R
Since when did Hoxie need anyone to stand up for them. They been winning since moses was a kid and laughing at people who said ill of them for so long that it just sounds silly anymore. Lots of good people out there. I used to run with the Couples brothers and a lot of guys who are gettin old their now and this sure ain't the first great team they have had and probably not the last. Baker has done a great job out there and what difference does it make what anyone says.

Re: Why does everybody have to bash Hoxie? #36237 01/30/03 12:52 AM
R
r2d2 Offline
R
I don't think anyone is bashing Hoxie as a team -- they are certainly the best team in the state. After watching them at Beloit, most of their team members acted with great class --win or lose--however their #125 wrestler acted like a jerk when someone gave him a tough match even when won. One persons actions shoudn't label a great team!

Re: Why does everybody have to bash Hoxie? #36238 01/30/03 01:23 AM
bigkneepads#2 Offline
Isn't it great when Spillman walks around with his arms hanging about a foot from his side. Looks like he doesn't do arm curls properly..... or maybe he just does them too much. Oh well, it just makes me giggle like a little schoolgirl when I see that meathead strut around.

"To the hip hop, the hippity hop, the hip hop dippity dee" (Rapper's Delight, Sugarhill Gang, circa 1983)
Re: Why does everybody have to bash Hoxie? #36239 01/30/03 04:08 PM
Cowboy2 Offline
Hoxie is a great team and will most likely win state people just bash Hoxie because they are good. And they can't beat them

It's like wrestling a gorilla.You don't quit when you're tired—you quit when the gorilla is tired.
Re: Why does everybody have to bash Hoxie? #36240 01/30/03 05:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spillman's a good kid, I was at Beloit and I don't know what your talking about when you say he acted like a jerk. He might of been upset with himself, I don't know. But he is certainly not a jerk, that makes me laugh.

Re: Why does everybody have to bash Hoxie? #36241 02/04/03 02:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey im a wrestler and hoxie is a **** good team...i would never put down their wrestling skill or sportsmanship ON the mat cause i respect them in that aspect...i talk with them a lot during the season and there are some **** cocky kids who talk the talk but CAN actually walk the walk, it just seems that a person shouldn't bring to the point that they can walk the walk

Re: Why does everybody have to bash Hoxie? #36242 02/04/03 03:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOU DARN HOXIES...IM GONNA GIVE YOU A BASHIN YOULL NEVER FORGET...wait i dont know what to say about you

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 157 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,969
Posts250,407
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)