Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: R.J. Nill #41651 02/04/04 01:53 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Dallas,

Coach Sean did use to be an assistant college wrestling coach. He also wrestled in college and was an NCAA Division II finalist one year, so he does have more wrestling experience than most kids youth wrestling coaches. He definitely could be coaching at the high school level and probably at the the college level, if he was interested in pursuing that profession. He also coached quite a few of the wrestlers on the St. Thomas Aquinas team now and regularly attends their meets, so he naturally has an interest in the high school forum topics too.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: R.J. Nill #41652 02/04/04 02:14 AM
R
rudy23 Offline
R
I don't know Dallas from a "hill of beans" but I gotta believe he's pulling everyone's chain on this one. At least that's what I'm going with. As far as Coach McCarthy; having worked with him for a number of years, back to the old Renegades at SM West and then a few years at STA, I'll put his coaching experience and ability up against anyone in the business. Sean, Joe Cisper, and others keep quality kids feeding into the STA, as well as other hs programs in the area. That should speak for itself. rhill

Re: R.J. Nill #41653 02/04/04 02:21 AM
S
stawrestlingmom Offline
S
Dallas Browning you're an embarassment to the sport of wrestling- kids, high school, college whatever. Maybe you should move on to WWF. They might like you. Did you even graduate from high school? Your comments on this forum and language usage would suggest that you are of a 5th grade level...and that's being generous. You're an idiot. Stay off the forum.

Re: R.J. Nill #41654 02/04/04 03:41 AM
R
Randy Nill Offline
R
This is R.J.'s father. I'm sorry to all that this post grew such legs. For the people that know R.J., I'll try to explain what happened. We think R.J. tore his meniscus sometime in mid-December. That is when he first told me that something popped in his knee during practice at STA. We iced the knee that night and he continued to wrestle in pain: never really complaining until Sunday's, the day after his tournaments. We had the trainer at STA look at the knee and he thought it might be tendonitus or bursitus. By mid-January, we made an appointment with an orthopedic. However, we couldn't get an appointment until Feb. 4, tommorrow. Last Wed., STA had a tri-dual with Bishop Miege and Olathe Northwest. It was during his match with Quinn from Miege that R.J.'s knee locked up on him. He could not straighten the knee that night nor until his surgery on Friday. He had what they call a buckethandle meniscus tear. Dallas, who I don't know, is right when he states that you can remove the meniscus and be able to wrestle in a week or so. But the removal of the meniscus, or cartilage that buffers the knee joint, leads to an arthritic knee 10-15 years later. R.J. is still 14, doesn't turn 15 till April, and as his parents, we felt it was extremely important for him to have the same opportunity to coach and raise his own kids without having a bad knee to deal with. The surgeon could not straighten his knee even after R.J. was put under, mainly because the meniscus had gotten out of place and torn in 3 locations. The doctor had to cut and come in from the back of his knee to stitch and repair the meniscus. That is what made the total healing process approx. 4 months. Thanks to all who took up for R.J., Amanda, Sean, Richard, Vince, Kurt, and rhill. That will mean alot to R.J. and means alot to me. R.J. is extremely disappointed he can't finish this high school season but he will be back this summer and looks forward to 3 more years at STA. Good luck to everyone wrestling in regionals and state.
Randy Nill

Randy Nill
Re: R.J. Nill #41655 02/04/04 07:28 AM
rocknraider Offline
hot D A M N. that sounds a bit worse than my tear. As i said earlier, if he was in my situation i would want him to keep going, but it seems obvious now that his knee locking is some serious stuff. good idea sitting it out.

With the power of Ra!
Re: R.J. Nill #41656 02/04/04 12:24 PM
S
Strengthman Offline
S
Thanks Randy for explanation - good luck to RJ - he is a great kid.

Re: R.J. Nill #41657 02/04/04 01:54 PM
parkwayred Offline
Quote:
leads to an arthritic knee 10-15 years later.
I would like to comment on this issue… I’m 42 years old, anybody with arthritic knee’s can attest to what it’s like to try to get out of a chair or climb stairs with this condition. It’s absolutely no fun. I spend countless dollars on Vioxx just to be able to move like a normal person, Also I’m sure at some point when I’m really old were talking about new knee joints. For gods sake leave the kid alone, when you don’t take care of yourself at the dumb and young age you pay for it when you get old. I can attest to that… I once thought I to was 10ft tall and bullet proof. Take care of it now and live a productive life when you are older. “PAIN FREE” Good luck with R.J.’s recovery.

I’m not very smart… but I can lift heavy things!
Re: R.J. Nill #41658 02/04/04 02:27 PM
C
coach neil Offline
C
I think questioning R.J.’s decision to take care of his body is totally absurd, but a large portion of the comments on this forum are. R.J. I think you are making the right decision. I went through the same injury when I was your age and I didn’t take care of it, so I pay the price everyday. Taking care of your body is not a weakness, its intelligence. You are the one who has to live with that body and nobody else. It really amazes me how idiots like Dallas Browning are so quick to make those slow-witted comments on toughness.

As for any of those dunderheads questioning R.J.’s toughness you can stop. I watched the kid wrestle at our tournament and he is just tough anyone else who steps out there. As for Dallas Browning, I would love it if you would stop by my wrestling room sometime and teach me how to be as tough as you.

Hang in there R.J..

Coach Neil
Basehor-Linwood High School

Re: R.J. Nill #41659 02/04/04 02:38 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
Mr. Nill,

Please let us know how the appointment went today.

Coach Neil,

You hit it on the head...I wasn't half the wrestler Nill seems to be, but when I tore my knee it's only common sense to take time and completely heal...I know that some people are currently trying to hurry back all over the state and Nation...but long after wrestling, you will want to make sure your health is in check.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: R.J. Nill #41660 02/05/04 12:43 AM
S
stillwraslin Offline
S
Randy this is roger almaguer adams dad and we just want to say how sorry adam and i are of this occurence with RJ... Adam was quite shocked to hear this and we only wish RJ a quick recovery,RJ is a great kid and im quite sure the boys will meet again soon we were looking forward to the POSSIBILITY of another great match at regionals but we do feel your pain as Adam had to deal with a bad shoulder injury at state last year...from injury expierience rest and rehab for our boys at this age is the smart thing and i am quite sure
RJ will be back at full strength next year...As for the idiot Browning and his stupid comments ...just want to say that the both of us RJ we are totally behind you and again know you will be back soon.... See you soon RJ

Re: R.J. Nill #41661 02/05/04 03:32 AM
S
state no-show Offline
S
an earlier post made by falstaff:
How is this even an issue? If you are injured, you take the time that is needed to recover, and then go back to whatever it is that you do. You go on the advice of "people with Medical Degrees," not "people on a wrestling forum that think all of America is a bunch of pussies and that don't punctuate."

If i am correct Falstaff is logan rutherford of shawnee mission east who also encountered a terrible accident at the shawnee mission northwest tournament. He took the pain like a man only to p-u-s-s out for the rest of the season and throw away his wrestling "dreams". After weeks of rehab logan was curling the same amount of weight on each arm and was able to do 40 dips in one day. Although this star athlete is able to lift more than anyone in our school and likes to practice ultimate fighting moves on his fellow wrestling team mates he is unable to step out on the mat and compete. Some people just hate wrestling and won't admit it.

R.J. Nill- great season, looking forward to seeing you take state next year.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Chase), 219 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,969
Posts250,407
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)