Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Some Congrats and stuff #50100 02/29/04 07:44 PM
Nigel Isom Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok since people say that I don't give vredit or praise to other peopel outside of Abilene which isn't true I just thought I'd say a few things after watching some awsome wrestling on Saturday.

First of course Congrats to Abilene on another great season and can't wait until next year.

Second Congrats to Scott City on your championship even though I didn't give you a chance (hey everyone is wrong sometimes)

Wrestlers who deserve great praise ....

Jake Kriegbaum the newest 4 Time State Chmampion.

Tristin Deshazer, who pretty much manhandled Wasson.

Blaze Bahe and Tanner Dawson for an incredible
finals match, Blaze's mom is pretty darn cool too! it was nice talking to you.

Cody Garcia impressed me with his lightning quick moves.

Ross Taplin for tossing Jesse on his back in 20 seconds.

And last and certainly not least. The most impressive wrestling I have seen in a long long time from a high schoooler. Joeseph Cornejo who basically murdered every single one of his opponents including the much heralded Zouzas. If there were an outstanding wrestler award given It would go to Joesph.

Now a few other things.

No disrespect to Dexter Deeds, becuase I happen to like Goodland folks but Ortiz got ROBBED. I could have sworn that every person in that building who wasn't from Goodland was booing at that call. It was blatent and totally wrong. I don't think its right as an official to bash another official but it was the wrong call. Not only that but his assistant ref told him it was the wrong call. They argued for almost two minutes. But you can't overturn the head refs decision. Granted it was an escape at the end but time had run out. Congrats to you Dexter even though honestly I think you lost.

Congrats to KSHSAA for the first time in recent memory they intro's and the award presentations actually didn't take FOREVER.

I gues thats it for now, if anyone else has anything to add feel free.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Some Congrats and stuff #50101 03/01/04 12:41 AM
J
jmadden Offline
J
I liked the title Nigel. This post was congrats and it was stuff

Re: Some Congrats and stuff #50102 03/01/04 12:56 AM
M
mtisch Offline
M
Nigel, I also saw that blown call in Dexter's match. The other kid did surely get robbed. The head official should have corrected his call, it was definiely wrong. And, I am a Dexter Deeds fan. I don't even know who the other kid is. I have watched Dexter Deeds wrestle for a long time and he certainly is a very good wrestler

Re: Some Congrats and stuff #50103 03/01/04 01:32 AM
MyDixieWrecked Offline
I have been waiting for someone to comment on this but no one has yet so I will jump in...First let me say Wiscombe is a stub. There were several wrestlers that could have won that bracket. Wiscombe, Erisman, Kearn, Kramer, Metcalf... But am I the only one scratching me head after the Wiscombe/Erisman match? Could someone explain what happened? From what I gather... the ref called a 3rd "false start" on Wiscombe in 2OT and then waived it off after awarding the point. The real kicker I thought was that they waited about 2 minutes to start the 2OT, obviously giving both wrestlers a needed breather - a breather that in my opinion benefited Wiscombe.

Like I said earlier though, there were several people who could have won that bracket. After I saw Wiscombe wrestle in regionals and got ahead of his opponent 13-1 after the 1st period I thought "this is the man" so I am not questioning his abilities - I'd just like an explanation.

Re: Some Congrats and stuff #50104 03/01/04 01:58 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
I must have missed that call, but I was matside for some poor sportsmanship out of champions of all people!

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Some Congrats and stuff #50105 03/01/04 02:15 AM
E
Ex-tong189 Offline
E
I must comment on Tyler Thoreson of Marysville on his 215lbs state championship....It takes a lot of hard work to go from being beat out (by yours truly) at regionals last year to winning a state title....good luck in future years and congrats on all you've accomplished!!!

Re: Some Congrats and stuff #50106 03/01/04 02:28 AM
O
ofan Offline
O
I would like to say congrats to Levi Younkin and Bobby Dennis both of Oakley. younkin winning a tight match against weatherbee at 125 and Dennis for an undefeated Sr. year. It was alot of fun watching this year--great job guys!!

Re: Some Congrats and stuff #50107 03/01/04 04:37 AM
chewie Offline
From what I saw with the Wiscombe/Erisman match, the ref gave Wiscombe a caution that would have cost him a penalty point, but after talking it over with the other official, gave it to Erisman instead.

Re: Some Congrats and stuff #50108 03/01/04 10:51 AM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
I was mat side.

After the awarding of the penalty point the off referee called the head referee to the side for a conference. After the conference, the penalty point was waived and the caution given to Erisman, his second.

At that point both wrestlers had two (2) cautions.

Erisman moved first, causing the reaction from Wiscombe.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Some Congrats and stuff #50109 03/01/04 03:17 PM
K
kansas123 Offline
K
Not to cause any more controversy on the Erisman- Wiscombe match, but....
I saw them giving Erisman one point not just once, but twice! Then not putting it up on the board. So it seems the Refs had theit heads stuck somewhere but at the match!?
Those are pretty grave mistakes that could and did turn the match.
Erisman did by no means wrestle very well and it was a very good, close match.
Congrats to Wiscombe.
But the Officals didn't exactly impress me with their decision making. Do make the same mistake not once, but twice can sure take the wind out of someones sails.

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 245 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,969
Posts250,407
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)