Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Drennan,Johnson,and Mortimer #51267 03/02/02 02:21 AM
L
Little M Offline OP
OP Offline
L
These three wrestlers started wresting when they
were six. My point is if you want to be a state
champion join your local kids fed program.If you
don't think these three earned there titles give
me a reply.

Re: Drennan,Johnson,and Mortimer #51268 03/03/02 03:47 PM
G
gottagolambo Offline
G
your correct they earned it. put in the hours and time and beat everyone they had to when they had to. congrates to all three

Re: Drennan,Johnson,and Mortimer #51269 03/15/02 03:44 PM
B
Bronco Wrestler Offline
B
Mortimer doesn't deserve is title, Jesse Dinkel of Russell Beat him more than once. If he gets beat by a person more than once then they dont deserve the title. Maybe Jesse just got in a move? In my opinion Jesse Dinkel should be #1, NOT Mortimer, because Jesse Dinkel beat him on numerous occations.

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: Drennan,Johnson,and Mortimer #51270 03/18/02 10:51 PM
G
gottagolambo Offline
G
Bronco when you read 10yrs from now who won the state tourny at 189lbs in 2002 it will say Mortimer from Minneapolis it won't say a thing about Dinkel from russell beat him twice. sorry about your luck!

Re: Drennan,Johnson,and Mortimer #51271 03/19/02 03:49 PM
ybsmall Offline
I don't know what to say besides what a bunch of garbage. Jeff won the state tournament and that's it. Jesse had the same opportunity, as did all the wrestlers in the bracket and one took advantage of it, stepped up and won. Your sour grapes do nothing to change that fact. I do agree Jesse is a good wrestler. There were many good wrestlers in that bracket. I congratulate Jeff, he earned that title.

Re: Drennan,Johnson,and Mortimer #51272 03/20/02 04:05 PM
B
Bronco Wrestler 2 Offline
B
when i look back in 10 years i wont see your name either... does it matter who really won it? well ok it does but mayb he just got a better seed then jesse? but who had the better win/loss record between dinkel and mortimer? that's what i thought... so just quit trying to be smarter than me and accept the facts... DINKEL IS BETTER THAN MORTIMER

Re: Drennan,Johnson,and Mortimer #51273 03/20/02 04:17 PM
D
David William Offline
D
THats dumb that motimer got all league Jesse dinkel beat him several times. Just because Jesse was hurt doesnt men that he should of got it. Ya mortimer is a good wrestler but not as good as jesse

Re: Drennan,Johnson,and Mortimer #51274 03/20/02 05:44 PM
D
drennan Offline
D
The only thing that is dum is that you guys can't except the fact that mortimer won state. And if you say that if a kid gets beat by some one more than once then they don't deserve the tile. Just look at what happend to Martin. Are you saying that Nick doesn't deserve his title either. It just goes to show that the better wrestler will win in the end.

Re: Drennan,Johnson,and Mortimer #51275 03/20/02 09:15 PM
321a Wrestler Offline
Honestly now Minneapolis as a team was well prepared for the state tournament. And it showed in all of their perfomances. You can say that Dinkel is the better wrestler all you want but the actual truth is Mortimer has his state title and he deserved it.

Re: Drennan,Johnson,and Mortimer #51276 03/21/02 12:59 AM
G
gotalovit Offline
G
If jesse was better then why is jeff going to the east west in topka nough said.

Re: Drennan,Johnson,and Mortimer #51277 03/21/02 11:41 PM
L
Little M Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Whoever thinks Dinkel is better than Mortimer is a few fries short of a happy meal!!! Ok lets look at the facts here. What place did Dinkel get at state again?? AND YOU SAY HE IS THE BEST WRESTLER IN 123A. What state tournament did you watch? If you were watchin the same one i was watchin you would have seen Dinkel stall all over the mat and get is @$$ kicked. And about Mortimer gettin the all league honors, he earned them rightfully, if your boy Dinkel wouldn't have been so called hurt????, but even if he would have wrestled against moritmer he wouldn't have had all league honors because if my memory serves me right he lost to Svaty from Ellsworth!!!

Re: Drennan,Johnson,and Mortimer #51278 03/22/02 04:22 AM
B
big time wrestling Offline
B
There is no way that you can say Jesse Dinkel is the best in the state. You're trying to argue that he should be the best, and he only took 5th in the state tourny?
1) Jesse lost to Joe Douglas in the semis 4-1.
Jeff beat Douglas 6-4 in the finals.

2) Jesse wreslted a horrible match, and got the piss beat out of him against Larry Subelka in the Cons. Semis.

3) Did anyone already mention that Jeff WON State, and Jesse came in 5th? Hell yeah they did.

Re: Drennan,Johnson,and Mortimer #51279 03/22/02 03:40 PM
K
kansas wrestling Offline
K
First of all let me point out that I know several of these kids in this bracket.Facts are the Dinkel kid wrestled most of the season with a major shoulder injury,he did not quit and for any of you that have had a major shoulder injury i think you can relate to what that takes to wrestle match after match,and even place at state.His courage,heart and love for the sport should be commened,not trashed by some of you that know nothing about this kid.As for Jeff he is a great kid,do I think he was the better wrestler,that weekend,yes he stepped up in the final match,however his seeding in that bracket was pretty good.In all of his years wrestling has he ever beat Dinkel...no,not even at Regionals the week before with Dinkel wrestling with a bad shoulder.As for Svaty,Dinkel wrestled him one armed and lost for the first time in seven years of wrestling Svaty....injured.Out of these 3 who was the better wrestler,the Dinkel kid no doubt,and I think if you ask Jeff who was the toughest kid he wrestled all those years and who did he never beat he'd tell you the truth,Dinkel,cause he's that kind of kid.Facts are there a number of things that factor into a state championship and winning it.Had the Dinkel kid been healthy I think he would of done much better.For the person that said he got his $$$ kicked by Subleka,I watched that match,Subleka shot in only once,and personally I think he did most of the stalling,,,,that was some $$$ kicking!!! He laid on the mat and fled for out of bounds the entire 3 round.As far as i saw it and most of the fans watching that match I recall the refs being booed heavily for blowing that match on some supid calls.Mortimer deserves the title because he came through for his team as well as hisself,however I do not think he was the best wrestler in that bracket...just a little luck and he wrestled the best match of his life against Douglas,which I belive he had lost to earlier in the year 12 to 3? Or something like that.But for people to talk trash about a kid that he has never beaten in all of his wrestling career is absurd!For those of you that want to talk trash about a injured wrestler that continured even when most kids would of quit with that injury...lets hope you are never faced with having to deal with that scenerio!!! And just for the record....I am not a wrestler,I am a 45 year old that loves the sport and follows this league that Dinkel,Svaty,and Mortimer wrestled in as well as several others such as Drennan at 140,and also the 145 weight.The Beloit regional had some great wrestling this year,hope to see it next year also.Some of you people on here amaze me,you show no respect,if I recall a number of you trashed Abell and I belive he wrestled most of his senior year with a major shoulder injury,in my eyes both Abel and Dinkel are true Champions and they proved it by finshing their seasons and doing what they could with what had been dealt to them.A true Champion is built on several years,not just weekend.

Re: Drennan,Johnson,and Mortimer #51280 03/22/02 03:55 PM
K
kansas wrestling Offline
K
Big time wrestling....got the piss beat out of by Subleika?How many times did you see the kid from Russell pick Subleka up and throw him to the mat?How many times did you see Subleka flee the mat when he could not escape?Beat the piss out of him,come on,Subleka won that match by one point given to him by the ref after he laid on the mat and did nothing but flee.I also rememver Svaty beating the piss out of Subleka,to have Subleka come back and beat the piss out of svaty...the match with the Dinkel kid was no *** whooping!!!And if I remember right Subleka beat Douglas the weekend before at his regionals.The point is that when you get to state because of upsets the week before braceting has some to do with the outcome of how that state finals turns out,I belive in alot of brackets,not just this one if you were to re wrestle them the next week you would have a completely different outcome.And may I say congrats to all state Champions for coming through on that weekend,and congrats to all who participated,you all acomplished alot.

Re: Drennan,Johnson,and Mortimer #51281 03/22/02 05:18 PM
K
kansas wrestling Offline
K
Little M,in all the years that Mortimer and Dinkel wrestled each other you think that the Dinkel kid was scared of Mortimer?You suggest that he was really not injured when he could not wrestle Mortimer at a league dual?Do yourself a favor and know the facts,I was at the Lincoln duals when Russell,Linclon,,Beloit wrestled,I was also standing at the door when the Dinkel kid left the building on his way to the hospital with his parents,I later heard that he had hyperextended his good arm.Mortimer and Dinkel wrestled each other for years and always showed great respect for each other,why don't you do the same?Seems your the one that can't live with the fact that Jeff never beat the Dinkel kid in his wrestling career.They both over the course of several years always showed great sportsmanship to each other,why don't you do the same.

Re: Drennan,Johnson,and Mortimer #51282 03/22/02 06:16 PM
ybsmall Offline
If he would have been healthy, if they re-wrestled the match a week later, if, if, if...
Two good wrestlers, one stepped up and won. 1st, 3rd and 4th came from one side of the bracket and 2nd, 5th and 6th the other, that shows you it was very even. Part of any sport is your ability to stay healthy, conditioning yourself and learning from your mistakes or your previous matches. They both have earned respect for the accomplishments. There is no sence in saying if, if, if. My son lost a chance to place at kids fed state last year because he tripped while shooting in overtime, if, if, if... oops

Re: Drennan,Johnson,and Mortimer #51283 03/22/02 06:29 PM
J
jmadden Offline
J
The state champion is the one who competed the best on the day they had to, and if they were not the best the other 363 days it really doesn't matter. Champions rise to the occasion when they have to.

Re: Drennan,Johnson,and Mortimer #51284 03/22/02 06:53 PM
K
kansas wrestling Offline
K
I said Moritmer deserved his title becasuse he wrestled the best that day.I was only defending the integrity of a wrestler that did his best with a severe injury,I think no one has the right to talk trash about any wrestler quite frankly,especially one who chose to continue injured for most of the season {and I'm talking about both Abell and Dinkel}But the facts are Mortimer has never beaten Dinkel in numerous years not this year or any other year,does that mean he is not the state champion? No,he is,but for those to come on and talk trash about a fellow athlete that has consitently beaten the state champion is absurd.....it's one weekend,not 11 years.Had Douglas and Shiwart both won their regionals like they should I am certain we would of seen a different outcome,I truly belive that,I also belive that Douglas wrestled a very poor match against Mortimer.But those are not what if's,that is how I see it.Mortimer deserves the title,he won it,but the Dinkel kid should not be trash talked by fellow Minneapolis people or kids when their kid has never beaten him.They are both very good wrestlers and I do commend Abell and Dinkel for sticking it out even tho they were limited in what they can do,that takes guts.I am a grown person who hates to see any wrestler trash talked,it's not neccsary and quite frankly there has been alot of it on numerous wrestlers through out the year.....I commend them all,they are all the greatest for stepping up and on that mat each and everytime.

Re: Drennan,Johnson,and Mortimer #51285 03/22/02 07:09 PM
K
kansas wrestling Offline
K
and ybsmall....for what it is worth I was thrilled to see Mortimer beat Douglas in rhe finals.

Re: Drennan,Johnson,and Mortimer #51286 03/23/02 04:04 AM
L
Little M Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Kansas wrestling, i am not sore at the fact that mortimer didn't ever beat dinkel, the thing that really pisses me off is, all the talk thats saying the he didn't deserve his title. If anyone deserved it, it was him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 254 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,964
Posts250,402
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)