Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
updates for high school rankings #51446 01/10/02 04:11 AM
W
wrestling fan Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I don't always agree with the rankings that are placed on this site, but if you are going to use them, the should at least be updated often. There are several kids listed at the top of the 6A weight classes, and they are no longer on the respective teams. There are other kids who are listed who have yet to wrestle a match; or have done so at a different weight then what you have listed. I realize it is hard to keep up with these kids when they are moving around in weight & such, but some of these kids are working hard to get a name for themselves, and they are not being recognized; while others couldn't care less about the sport, or at least act like they don't, but are still there on the list. As stated before, let's do these rankings with an "all or nothing" attitude, and not put out an early list that never/seldom gets updated. Thanks for listening!

Re: updates for high school rankings #51447 01/10/02 04:25 PM
Coachjt Offline
The High School Rankings are not done on this site, They are done buy High School Coaches who are Volunteering the time after they Teach, Coach, take care of their family and if they have time they check in on the rankings once in a while.

If you click on rankings on this site it takes you to the KWCA web site, where if you will read you can see that the Coaches that do the rankings are willing to take any information you have. All High School Coaches are suppose to e-mail their information which of course some of them don't. So if nobody tells the Rankers any different then they have to guess where the kid might be.

I have e-mailed information to them and in a few days they moved people around. Here are the Coaches to notify, if you have any problems or complaints e-mail them.

3-2-1A - Harry LaMar, Silver Lake Graptime@aol.com
4A - Kit Harris, Baldwin kharris@usd348.com
5A - Brent Lane, Salina South brent.lane@usd305.com
6A - Richard Fergola, Washburn Rural coachfergola@hotmail.com

Re: updates for high school rankings #51448 01/10/02 04:57 PM
Mike Juby Offline
As Coachjt said, the rankings are prepared by the Kansas Wrestling Coaches Association, through the efforts of high school coaches volunteering their time. I've seen first-hand the effort that these guys put into their rankings, and firmly believe that they are doing their very best to provide accurate, up-to-date projections.

If you have information that will help these coaches to more thoroughly analyze the field, by all means send that info to them. They want to do the best job they can, but it takes good information to make that possible.

Every year I hear complaints about the quality of the rankings. However, last year someone did an analysis of how the ranked kids fared at the end of the season, and the results indicated that the rankings were pretty darn accurate. Finally, if you still don't like where you are ranked, take care of it on the mat and you'll get the only ranking that really counts at the end of the year, when you take your place on that medal stand!

Re: updates for high school rankings #51449 01/12/02 12:03 PM
W
wrestling fan Offline OP
OP Offline
W
As my name states, I am a "fan", not a wrestler, therefore I won't be able to "take it to the mat".
But I agree with you...that is the best way to show who's the best. So why even post rankings at the beginning of the year, when you don't know who will be wrestling & at what weight. Why not wait at least until after certification, when you can better gage the weight classes, and what the wrestlers have done so far. I know quite a bit about volunteering, as I have been doing so myself for the past 10+ years. This was not so much a criticism as a suggestion. Thanks again!

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 134 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,956
Posts250,393
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)