Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What does it take to win? #52693 12/26/04 04:31 AM
chewbacca Offline
now now, we all know that marrs is no good at wrestling in general

Maybe you're not an ugly human, but a good looking ape.....with exceptional verbal skills.
Re: What does it take to win? #52694 12/26/04 05:40 AM
j_hrisc_ennings Offline
I like Marrs because he beat Sponsel. In fact, I myself beat Sponsel all three times that we wrestled. Seriously, ranked in the nation?

Re: What does it take to win? #52695 12/26/04 06:14 PM
B
Buck52Wrestler Offline
B
Horinek woulda smoked Marrs, Sponsel, AND Cennings

Re: What does it take to win? #52696 12/26/04 06:50 PM
tuffEnuff2 Offline
...Originally posted by j_hrisc_ennings:
Freestyle is really good practice. Greco is trash because it teaches you to throw, and rarely are throwers any good in high school and beyond.

all i can say is dude, "i'd much rather be the pilot than be the airplane!"

lock up with a greco wreslter i'm sure he'd be happy to give you free flying lessons..

okay the task at hand......as far as facilites goes, for many years st. francis had a small practice room that was the old wood shop, nestled in a remote corner of the school, in the shape of an L, pull-up bars hung from the ceiling. back in the 70's when i went to highschool it was crowded, with 30-40 out for wrestling at that time, it was difficult not to bump into each other. the only plus about it was it did get ungodly hot in there. good for those 5-6 pound prcatices....

St. francis built its curent facility in '93 its built on the east side of the gym. we have 5 times the space. its nice in my opinion. the nicest workout facility in northwest kansas. room for 2 full mats, locker room and coaches office, also located in the wrestling room is the "wall of fame", with all the pictures of all the St. Francis state champions, from 1938 on up. and team Championship pics also there are plaques of wrestling records hanging on the wall, such as most team points, most falls, most near falls, most take downs, fastest fall, and most improved wrestler. its very rich in St. Francis wrestling tradition.

upstairs the weight room overlooks the wrestling room, not the greatest in state of the art equipment, but nonetheless effective, it has all the necessities for power and core strength building.

athletes can ride the stationary bikes while doing rehab upstairs inthe weight room and still observe the technique sessions of practice. its also a great view to look down at practice while in session. also it links up nicely with the gym, so if you run the out of bounds lines in the gym, down the halls, through the far side of the wrestling room and slap frank as you go by (the take down machine) 9 laps is a mile, (i know becuase i measured with a measuring wheel)

i know there are other nice facilites, but i have no complaints about the one we have now!

if you ever get out this way, be happy to show you sometime.

God gave you a body that can take almost anything, its your mind you have to convince -vince lombardi
Re: What does it take to win? #52697 12/26/04 09:40 PM
B
Bronco Wrestler Offline
B
Here in Russell we have a room that is rectangle shape, about 5 mat sections long when laid long ways across the room, with room for one more more laid North & South on the northeast edge of the room, so in essence there is mat space for 2 whole mats, or 6 sections, we have a very nice heater in which Frohling likes to use to his advantage when the fatties are over...but on the other side of the wrestling room is a very nice weight room, one of the better in the area of Northcentral Kanasas, and the best in the NCAA with the exception of Sacred Heart which i have never seen, but the weight room has enough room to accomodate more than 2 mats, but has mirrors almost the whole way around, the wrestling room is equipped with a very nice stereo to listen to music during practice which helps take away the repetitiveness of it, and a TV to watch matches before/after practice on. The "Wall of Fame" is on a steel beam that runs across the middle of the room's ceiling, and has sheetrock on both sides with the names of the state qualifiers, and placers, but this whole complex was added onto the school i believe in the last few years of the 1990's so it is very new...i'm just glad we don't have to practice in some places mentioned above...

p.s. Who cares about the band? Do they ever win state titles? let the SC wrestlers have it, they deserve it, i've never heard the returning 4A state band champs play so i don't know....

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: What does it take to win? #52698 01/03/05 10:46 PM
Coach Brown Offline
At Sabetha we have the same delima that all wretling programs have..we also pracice at the elementary school and our conditioning is great also (wrestler mom160 are you a bluejay?)and Mike I am a product of the Pratt Catacombs, I painted those lovely murals on the walls if they are still there. That room went through an overhall about 5 years ago..previously that wall by the boiler room moved about 3 feet every time you touched it and there was no coaches room...thank Brian Pixler for the last renovation...I loved that room...but of all the rooms I have ever been in (even Fort Hays) the Manhattan room is the largest and has a built in heater...I have to use 10 min to roll out mats everyday..but the facilites are secondary to loving being a high school coach...I can live with my facilties and still be successful....we are not basketball players and I take pride in the fact we (wrestlers) have to fight for everything including dollars...also Chris I believe that you wrestled both styles in Manhattan and freestyle did do wonders for your skills...but all in all it is about opinion...I love freestyle because of the takedowns and greco because of the throws...Summer's Pain is Winter's Gain...

Jason C. Brown
Head Coach Anderson County JR/SR High
jbrown@usd365.org
Re: What does it take to win? #52699 01/03/05 11:25 PM
No.1 MATBACKER Offline
ALL IT TAKES IS ALL YOU GOT........AND HEART!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Coach Malay), 234 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,969
Posts250,407
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)