Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Kreigbaum beat #53185 02/24/04 05:43 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
Rick, I've given credit to many many people on these forums but like so many other you only tend to focus on some of the "negative" things I have said, which is fine with me. I in no way embarrass anyone in the Abilene wrestling community, some people in Abilene think its funny what I post on here others really don't care. The bottom line is the wrestlers on the team (several of whom I've coaches in kids wrestling) do what they have to, to get the job done, the coaches know me and know the reasons why I say what I do. I can't say they always agree with what I say. The fans can either like me or dislike me it’s always been that way. But I’m not some puppet and I refuse to let other people dictate the way I post on here. If I choose to only post about Abilene that is my choice, although that is certainly not the case Furthermore if someone is going to post a subject or talk about Abilene I have every right to say what I want in said forum. Respect in my mind is earned not given. I have no respect for anyone on these forums that post under a false name and bash anyone, not just someone from Abilene. This feeds into the reason why I sometimes reply to them. People like Dingbat and BinPin epitomize this. If what I have to say about Abilene affects everyone's opinions here on the forum about Abilene, its community, and it's wrestling program, then I would say its time for those people to get a life and turn off the computer. I can assure you that not everyone in Abilene now dislikes Colby because Cole beat Jake, as if Cole was the 1 person who represents the entire city. So to say that I’m the cause of people not liking Abilene I feel sorry for those people because they are weak minded and easily swayed. I will as always continue to post what I feel is necessary under the pretense that my opinion does not represent the whole of Abilene.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Kreigbaum beat #53186 02/24/04 05:43 PM
RJW Offline
The final score was 6-2 in OT.
The score was 0-0 at the end of the first period.
Jake won the toss and selected bottom. Cole tried a couple of tilts and then got too high with the legs in and gave up a reversal with about 50 secs. left in the period. Jake rode Cole out trying a couple of tilts, but no more scoring.
Cole picked down for the third period and scored a reversal with about 40 secs. left and rode Jake out to force overtime.
The overtime went about like the first period until Cole hit a headlock with about 25 secs. left to get 2 takedown points and a three count for 2 back points. Final Score 6-2 OT.
This is how I remember it as I watched it from the coaching chair. I think this is pretty close, but I haven't seen the tape or anything to refresh or affirm my memory.

Rick Williams
Colby High School
Re: Kreigbaum beat #53187 02/24/04 06:07 PM
RJW Offline
Nigel-
You can post whatever you want. I was simply saying that in my opinion a lot of people bash Abilene on this forum because they get tired of you and know it will get under your skin. I have never bashed anyone or anything on this forum (except the state tourney and its problems, which I'm done complaining about) and never will because I am against that, but I do think the people who bash Abilene on here do it mostly to get under your skin. Maybe you do say positive things about people outside of Abilene, and your right, I don't remember that happening very often. In my memory, your posts about Abilene are positive and your posts about everyone else are not, but my memory fails me sometimes!!

Rick Williams
Colby High School
Re: Kreigbaum beat #53188 02/25/04 01:46 PM
S
Swoop #5 Offline
S
I feel sorry for whoever has to wrestle Kriegbaum this weekend. If i remeber right he lost to Chad Hinderliter from Ottawa at our regional and then came back and hammered him in the finals at state. I think people are crazy if they think he wont win state for the 4th time!!!

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53189 02/25/04 07:53 PM
K
kansas123 Offline
K
Wiscombs
Must be hitting a nerve with u Wiscombs since the two of you are starting to loose your tempers a weee bit? Taking this a bit personal?
When Abilene boohs their own infamous wrestler before he even starts wrestling one has to wonder why that might be.
Nobody is trying to take away from his wrestling accomplishments, which are indeed awesome, or the fact that he got beat in a very good match and that that doesn't happen very often and his opponent should be very proud of himself for that accomplishment.
My feelings about certain athletes behavior is quiet simple and has nothing to do with the fact if that wrestler is good or not. But I have voiced my opinion before and this is truely getting old so good luck at State.

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53190 02/25/04 09:04 PM
S
someoldguy Offline
S
kansas123

It seems from your posts, about how you seem to not enjoy aggressive wrestling or fire in competitive opponents, that you should be playing or cheering on basketball instead of wrestling! Also, you might not want to come to the Coloseum this weekend because there will be plenty of that type of wrestling there and it might be really sore on your eyes if you have to watch more of it!

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53191 02/25/04 09:26 PM
wReStLeR of 007 Offline
He should have an easy first round at state though. MAN but it must stink to be Zach Kovarno. Having to go against Jake right off the bat.

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53192 02/25/04 09:53 PM
D
daboom Offline
D
Kansas123

Just not seeing it
I sat at the edge of the Abilene crowd and actually was amazed at the noise level of the cheering when he was introduced from the Abilene section.
I did not hear any booing from that section, maybe other schools but very little. That is to be expected.
Has he done something to you? You seem to have such a mad on for him or anyone who comes to his defense.

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53193 02/25/04 10:35 PM
D
daboom Offline
D
Kriegbaum is at the level he is because of aggressive wrestling not because of bad sportsmanship on or off the mat.
Jealousy is a compliment.

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53194 02/25/04 11:50 PM
Computerized Shoes Offline
Don't count zach out just yet...he might have a few tricks up the ol' sleeve....remember anyone can when at any given time...muahahahaha

Taggin' for Tyler
Re: Kreigbaum beat #53195 02/26/04 12:14 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
when kriegbaum came out hardly any booing is correct. When he lost...tons of cheering.

Taplin however...chorus of boos coming out...and the only Abilene wrestler to win in the finals.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Kreigbaum beat #53196 02/26/04 02:15 PM
K
kansas123 Offline
K
daboom
no, I have no problem with him winning, because he is a good wrestler.
Some folks seem to have a problem with some of my statements. Just because I don't appreciate watching kids beeing body-slammed, their oil being checked, them being kicked you know where on purpose, their arms and shoulders being kranked without an effort to get them on their back or to score a point, medals being thrown around after the match because someone didn't win, or just being impolite, or shoving your oponent when their already out of bounds or the match is over......................
I could go on and on. None of that has anything to do with wrestling and that is just my lowly opinion. Which seems to be in the majority with all the mighty MACHO man in the tough wrestling world.
I like a tough, physical wrestling match as well as the next guy, but there should be limits to everything.
And if these Statements are bashing anybody or stepping on anybodys sensibilitys, well then I shall appologize.
Good Luck at State to all the Qualifiers

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53197 02/26/04 03:59 PM
K
Kirk Wiscombe_dup1 Offline
K
I have to admit that ks 123 is right about sportsmanship! However, no one knows who you are and it means little to them except an insult! It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course, who at the best , knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. I read this on Abilenes wrestling wall by FDR. So ks 123 if you have been in the arena your point would be taken. But we have no way of knowing! For all we know you're that cold and timid soul who just points out where the strong man stumbled. If you were someone else, I think you would at least state your name. And I hate to burst your bubble but you have not yet to begin to tamper with my tempor. Hope you still come and watch in Wichita! Happy Wrestling, kirk

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53198 02/26/04 05:23 PM
D
daboom Offline
D
Body slams, medals thrown, arms cranked, intentional roughness out of bounds, intentional kicking, boy the officials on those matches must have really sucked to not have called all of this. Once again, I can't say I have seen this or have many others that have expressed my same feelings of support for Kriegbaum. Great stand up guy. Maybe you should take the time to go up and introduce your self to him or his family. You might come away with a completely different view than the one you have now.
Talk about impolite.
You have issues.

Re: Kreigbaum beat #53199 02/26/04 09:01 PM
K
kansas123 Offline
K
I have seen it all and sometimes the officials deal with it, sometimes they don't. I just voice my opinion on things I've witnessed. By many different wrestlers.
Your idea about talking to involved individual might not be bad, but many could truly do me in if they wanted to, so I'm not sure if I want to put my life in danger.
I did like the quote by Mr. Wiscombe.
And I will be at State hopefully able to watch all the great matches that are going to be wrestled.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 233 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,969
Posts250,407
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)