Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56571 01/28/06 02:40 AM
F
Farva2313 Offline
F
Hicks was expelled from Carroll because of grades, i think he is inelligible to wrestle the rest of this year... i dont know if the hicks have a younger boy at goddard but i know that there is a younger girl that is at carroll soo i dont know how that theory works..

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56572 01/29/06 02:09 AM
T
TAKE IT2 THEMAT Offline
T
Wichita South and BC Wrestlers put on one heck of a dual. The competetion, officiating and FANS were outstanding!!! Got to give it up to Mike and his team for the improvement and health of his club since the first match up with BC. His coaching and energy level is certainly showing through his team.

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56573 01/29/06 08:03 PM
K
ksbevo Offline
K
1st Coach Chruch, Congratulations on a fantastic Dual with BC.
2nd. Coach Finkledei owed it to his team to bump wrestlers around . This BC team did not want to give up their record of ,I beleive 68 duals without a loss. BC has 69 straight now . This is from a fan on the out side looking in. This is what Team is all about.

Darrell K. Royal a man of honor.
Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56574 01/31/06 03:50 AM
M
Mike Church Sr. Offline
M
JWatkins, How is your team at Independent doing?

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56575 01/31/06 12:19 PM
J
jwatkins Offline
J
Mr. Church:
I do not comment on my team or any of our opponents on the internet. I also make commenting off-limits for any of my wrestlers about themselves or their opponents. That is why you won't read much about our team.
I will say that I am excited about our progress. I feel that each day we get better and we have reason to think that the future looks bright.
I'll catch you during baseball season and give you a more detailed explanation. Also, before you start umpiring this year please get your glasses checked.
Jeff Watkins

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56576 01/31/06 01:35 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Quote:
Originally posted by jwatkins:
Mr. Church:
I do not comment on my team or any of our opponents on the internet. I also make commenting off-limits for any of my wrestlers about themselves or their opponents. That is why you won't read much about our team.
I will say that I am excited about our progress. I feel that each day we get better and we have reason to think that the future looks bright.
I'll catch you during baseball season and give you a more detailed explanation. Also, before you start umpiring this year please get your glasses checked.
Jeff Watkins
I will brag for Coach Watkins:

Patrick Mosley (Junor)- defending 3-2-1A State Champion at 103 lbs. won the Hays Prairie Classic at 125 lbs. on January 21, 2006. After the tournament Patrick's season record was 15-2.

Ryan Mosley (Senior) - Placed second at the Hays Prairie Classic. Ryan lost his finals match 2-1 and after the tournament Ryan's season record was 15-5.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56577 01/31/06 03:23 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
We saw Independent at a dual tournament. They may not have a lot of kid's out right now, which should be expected at a fledgling program, but the ones out are quality kids that have obviously been well coached. If they continue to come out in subsequent years, with the coaching they are receiving, they will be a real impact team. Of course, Watkins has been at this wrestling coach thing a long time and I do not know how much longer he intends to be at it.

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56578 01/31/06 03:48 PM
D
dano Offline
D
Concerning Bumping. I have seen BC and Goddard do this before. I think it is selfish (eliminate the weakest link) to win a dual. Who cares about dual streaks? I like a program that builds a team of wrestlers. Look at the back of the AC bulldogs T shirt some day (State Championship TEAMS). They challenge every week.
Another problem about bumping, coaches tentatively turn in scratches (forfeits) and opposing wrestler doesn't even warm up, thinking it is a forfeit.

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56579 01/31/06 04:45 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
The only thing that I do not like about bumping is that it puts more of the outcome in the hands of the coach. However, sometimes it is necessary. Dual victories are important for a number of reason, especially if they are league matches. Schools and peers not connected with wrestling identify with duals as a representation of them more than anything else other than state. It is always the coaches responsibility to give the TEAM the best opportunity to win. This is part of the job description of a coach. If the coach needs to bump to give the TEAM the best opportunity to win and it is allowed by rule, then it would be irresponsible for the coach not to do that. I have been on both ends of the bump. It is very unfair for anyone to say what a particular coach should do in a particular situation. The coach is the one who has to shoulder the outcome not anyone else.

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56580 01/31/06 04:55 PM
W
W. Heights AD Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Quote:
Originally posted by jwatkins:
Mr. Church:
Jeff Watkins
That was my father coach watkins... that is why it says Sr. behind the name.. haha! He does not umpire!

Coach Church

"Well spoken words have great value, but hard work has it's own rewards"
Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56581 01/31/06 05:35 PM
Ryan Jilka Offline
Okay, let me help out. First of all, Mr. Hicks is not on our team. I don't know all of the details, as it was administrative in nature. I don't believe Farva should have posted his comments unless there is proof (and then I still question it). I've met him once, and he seems to be a very nice young man.

Dano, I RARELY bump anyone. We've done it more this year because we were over competition points and had to sit people. The only other time I've really bumped kids was against Ark City last year. It was possibly the worst coaching move ever. We got destroyed, and it was my fault. Even then, it was due to having two starters out with injuries.

I agree with Coach Church on the bumping topic, but if it is key in winning a dual I can't say I won't think about it. It's up to the coach. I don't disagree with doing it either, but I like to see what my best guy at each weight can do.

"The days I can keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are good days" ~ Judy Hubbard
Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56582 01/31/06 05:58 PM
J
jwatkins Offline
J
Coach Church:
You are right, I was mistakingly thinking of Mr. Calvin (I think). My apologies to your dad; but I have seen you umpire and you should probably get your glasses checked also.
Coach Watkins

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56583 01/31/06 07:12 PM
W
wrestlingusa08 Offline
W
sounds like BC has another test this week!

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56584 01/31/06 08:25 PM
W
W. Heights AD Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Jilka:
Okay, let me help out. First of all, Mr. Hicks is not on our team. I don't know all of the details, as it was administrative in nature. I don't believe Farva should have posted his comments unless there is proof (and then I still question it). I've met him once, and he seems to be a very nice young man.

Dano, I RARELY bump anyone. We've done it more this year because we were over competition points and had to sit people. The only other time I've really bumped kids was against Ark City last year. It was possibly the worst coaching move ever. We got destroyed, and it was my fault. Even then, it was due to having two starters out with injuries.

I agree with Coach Church on the bumping topic, but if it is key in winning a dual I can't say I won't think about it. It's up to the coach. I don't disagree with doing it either, but I like to see what my best guy at each weight can do.
Isnt it about time to get more competition points. I can't figure out how some of these schools are getting 45-50 matches a year. what's the secret?

Coach Church

"Well spoken words have great value, but hard work has it's own rewards"
Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56585 02/01/06 01:16 AM
Ryan Jilka Offline
I just re-read my last post. I sounded like I was saying the reason we lost to A.C. was due to having two injured wrestlers. That was not it. We lost because we were the 2nd best team on the mat last year. I bumped because I thought it would give us a chance to possibly win the dual. In reality, we took a tremendous butt-whoopin Ark City style.

As for competition points? I don't know. Right now I think we've had about enough mat time. I do like the dual tournament format, and I think Goddard might look to increase our early season match total. I'd rather see an increase to 6 matches per day.

Good luck to everyone as the season winds down.
Ryan

"The days I can keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are good days" ~ Judy Hubbard
Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56586 02/01/06 05:32 PM
M
Mike Church Sr. Offline
M
Mr. Watkins,
The reason I asked how you were doing at Independent is because I saw Paul at the South tournament and didn't get a chance to speak with him. However in conversation with others your name came up and and noone really knew anything about your team. Why all the secrecy, theres no conspiracy here. I do take offense to you mistaking me for Hal Calvin :-). Hal on the other hand said he knows a little about your wrestling team and after hearing his SPIN I came to these conclusions. 1. You have good reason not to let your wrestlers post here, and 2. Maybe you should let Paul do your posting so you can lead by example.
Mike Church Sr. not Jr.
Good luck to you and Paul and Hal says he hopes he gets all your baseball games. LOL

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56587 02/01/06 05:37 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
We definitely, in my opinion, need more competition points. We are in a situation right now where we will have to hold kids out of one or more of our next three LEAGUE duals or our LEAGUE tournament next weekend. Now that is something that we cannot afford, as we struggle enough as it is and do not have the depth that the tradition-rich programs have. I would like to go to at least 33 points which would give us one more tournament and I would see no problem with that as far as overloading the kids. We have many varsity wrestlers who are freshman and sophomores and first year wrestlers on top of that. We have a 9/10 tournament available which would be really good for them and better suited in terms of them having success. To send our 9/10 kids to these tournaments, we would have to take forfeits because of our lack of depth at some varsity competition which we would prefer not to do. We also have situations where varsity wrestlers quit or become ineligible or get in car wrecks or get shot. These are things that we do not foresee. We must then elevate a jver who already has points and the problem begins. I do not know if others have these kind of problems, and I certainly am not suggesting that we develop new quidelines just for wannabe programs like ours. But just going from 30 to 33 would solve a lot of our problems. I also know about the use um or lose um, but you would not have to take on more competition if you did not want to. If you compete in more than one dual tournament, you might feel that their needs were being meet at 30. Another solution that would help us would be if the 30 points applied just to varsity and then a kid could have say 3-6 on jv. Also, I realize that what ever it is, it is life, and we will deal with it.

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56588 02/03/06 03:59 AM
K
ksbevo Offline
K
Coach Chruch,
I just saw something that floored me. Mr. Pritchard just pulled a stunt,During the Bishop Carroll - Nothwest Dual.Mitch was supposed to wrestle Edison (140#). Mitch checked in ,then Pritchard signaled forfit. The next match at 145,
Edison wrestled 145 and won. Edison, your record in City league is tarnished for ducking Mitch. I
know it is not your fault,but I remember you said you could take him, that was your chance to prove if you were better than him. Coach are you sending a message that you had no faith in your wretler? Coach Prichard you thought it was funny. This only shows your pettiness and you know what I am talking about.

Darrell K. Royal a man of honor.
Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56589 02/03/06 04:03 AM
M
Mr. Happy Offline
M
Who won the duel and what was the score?

Re: Key title step awaits Carroll, South #56590 02/03/06 04:13 AM
J
Jim Gaither Offline
J
Quote:
Originally posted by ksbevo:
Edison, your record in City league is tarnished for ducking Mitch. I
know it is not your fault,but I remember you said you could take him, that was your chance to prove if you were better than him.
I'm pretty sure Jordan has never posted on here and as far as I know Mitch hasn't either. Maybe they will meet up at City, maybe not. I don't know you ksbevo but I think it's a little immature for parents or grandparents to come on here and make comments like you just did. If you are "a man of honor" I feel you should remove or edit your post.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 239 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,969
Posts250,407
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)