Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Fill me in? What's up with Abilene Dq Regional talk? #57628 02/18/02 06:09 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I read on a previous post something along the lines of abilene dq's at regionals. Can someone fill me in.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Fill me in? What's up with Abilene Dq Regional talk? #57629 02/18/02 03:36 PM
O
old145 Offline
O
neither wrestlerwas dq, but abilene's wrestler should of been for throwing two punches at the ft scott kid.don, the ref, is BAD!!!!!, horrible,and should not be allowed to ref again.

Re: Fill me in? What's up with Abilene Dq Regional talk? #57630 02/18/02 04:16 PM
W
wrestler03 Offline
W
Alright this is exactly what happend. Abilene guy was dominating the match but in the third period found himself on bottom w/ the guy pulling his arm behind his back. The Ft.Scott kid was a little upset he wasn't gonna make it to state and was trying to break our kids arm and after the ref blew the whistle for the end of the match the Ft scott kid gave one final tug. Our guy threw 0 punches but did get in the guys face then the Ft. Scott kid tried to tackle our guy. That's all that happend no punches thrown.

Re: Fill me in? What's up with Abilene Dq Regional talk? #57631 02/18/02 04:56 PM
T
tin man Offline
T
Ok here is my take on it and I was right there and the fs kid was losing and had the gulitine in and had the kids arm and has trying to turn him well it was proably potentally dangerous but this same ref that had problems all tourney did not stop it, when the time ran out the Abilene kid threw a elbow (yes he did I seen it) and then got in the fs kids face well then the fs kid went in after his legs and then both coaches came running out and dove in the pyle trying to break it up seveal other people came running in trying to break it up and in all of this the funny thing that happen is that the ref got knock down. Well after they broke it up the ref tossed both wrestlers out like they should have, well then I left for a second then came back in and the ref had changed his mind and just tossed out the fs kid that did not start it and the crowd showed that they didnt like the decision to let the Abilene kid stay in the tourney so the crowd booed very loudly. This is what happen from what I saw both wrestler were in the wrong and should have both been tossed but all of this could have been avoided if this one ref that can never control his match would have stop the match b/c the move was potentally dangerous

Re: Fill me in? What's up with Abilene Dq Regional talk? #57632 02/18/02 05:18 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
Which wrestler was this exactly since none of you seems to know?

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Fill me in? What's up with Abilene Dq Regional talk? #57633 02/18/02 06:24 PM
F
Foltz171 Offline
F
152 lbs, holt from ft scot, i don't know the name of the abilene wrestler who shoulda been dq'd

Re: Fill me in? What's up with Abilene Dq Regional talk? #57634 02/18/02 06:56 PM
W
wrestlerett05 Offline
W
Ok.Both guys were in the wrong. But you are making it sound like it was all the abilene guys fault.No, there was no elbow thrown.we have it on tape here at my house.if you dont beileve me, come over and watch it.I know I am basically sticking up for the abilene guy bc he is my brother.but i know what im talking about.yes he did get into the fs kids face, but he wasnt going to throw any punches or try anything.he didnt wanna get ejected from the tourney, and was trying to control his anger.it really bothered the abilene kid, bc earlier this season he has had shoulder probs, and the kid from fs was hurting his shoulder when he was doing that move.and to the people that are saying that abilene shouldnt have won it bc of that match you are just jealous. abilene has worked so hard this season.you look at our team from last season and compare it to this season.what do you see?well after last season we lost 7 senior varsity wrestlers.id say that the abilene team would have to step up quite a bit this season to accomplish what they have.abilene is a great team, here all you other teams have talked a lot of crap on us, and thats not fair.we have not done 1 thing this season to who ever you guys are.we dont say anything about you other teams, bc we know we can get beat and we know we can win.there is no point in talking all this crap on other teams, cuz it doesnt mean anything.and all it does is makes everyone mad.the burlington regionals was a tuff one.but we came out on top, and still would have even if luke would have been dq'd.

Re: Fill me in? What's up with Abilene Dq Regional talk? #57635 02/20/02 03:03 PM
W
wrestleks85 Offline
W
Actually Abeline wouldn't have been on top still if your 152 would have been disquallified. After being dq, you lose all the team pts. you earned.

Re: Fill me in? What's up with Abilene Dq Regional talk? #57636 02/21/02 01:40 AM
J
jmadden Offline
J
Partly true. You lose the points if and only if it is for flagrant mis-conduct. You do not lose the points if it is a simple dq

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 246 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,953
Posts250,389
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)