Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Abilene vs. Clay Center #65528 02/03/06 04:51 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by OK wrestling:
I do not think it will be nearly as close as last year. I think clay center wins big.
Good prediction there Ok Wrestling!!

But seriously. I nod my head to Coach Charbonneau who brought out an extremely talented team again this year. And to Coach Stout who always makes me proud to be a Cowboy. I had the honor of broadcasting the dual on the radio and this dual could have gone either way in the end.

Abilene rattled off 5 straight wins starting at 112. I was a bit surprised to see the pin by Clay at 103. And the Browser kid held his own against Tanner Dawson for most of the match. Marvio and Lund had the best match of the night, and I think the next time these two meet it will have a different outcome. At one point Lund was on his was to his back near the end of the match. Matt Rein looked real sharp out on the mat. Petterson did a very nice job. I was surprised to see that Allen of Clay could not pin Wilson from Abilene. The difference in this is dual came down to pins, where Abilene got them where they were needed and Clay missed out on some they should have had.

All in all seing the huge crowd on both sides brought excitement to my heart. And despite what happened last year ( I wasn't there ), the Clay Center crowd seemed very generous. And I believe they were some of the best sportsmanlike crowds I've seen in a long while. I turned around after the dual as I was sitting on the Clay Side for the broadcast, and congratulated several of their parents and former wrestlers.

And now this dual is over and Abilene will eventually be the NCKL Champions once again (The 7th time in the last 10 years I believe). But a more important task is ahead, and that is the regional and State meets. I wish both teams the best of luck!

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Abilene vs. Clay Center #65529 02/03/06 08:08 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
I think Clay Center-Abilene is a great dual for those of us in North Cetral Kansas. The fact I was in the upper balcony sitting behind Coach Ewing of Wamego, had Norton Head Coach Bill Johnson's daughter sitting behind me, and a UNO Mavs DII Back to back champions down below on the right and DII FHSU all the way to the left, it was an electric atmosphere. Add in the fact you have so many educated fans and a legendary coach on the microphone and voila...great night of wrestling. As for Lund v. Tischauser, WOW! Great scrambles....Tischauser was tree topped several times and Lund couldn't get the takedown. I suspect they might meet up in the regional, and possibly state, and boy will that be exciting.

Congrats to Abilene on the win...

On a side note Bravo to Clay Center coaching wise for the HWT situation. Most coaches would not follow through on team discipline the way your team does, and I commend you for it. It's nice to see that consequences are dealt with at some programs, whereas others slap their athletes on the wrist with feather dusters.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Abilene vs. Clay Center #65530 02/03/06 09:06 PM
chewbacca Offline
sounded like a fantastic dual, makes me wish that i could have made the trek down I-70 to see it.

Maybe you're not an ugly human, but a good looking ape.....with exceptional verbal skills.
Re: Abilene vs. Clay Center #65531 02/03/06 09:29 PM
R
rlvinson Offline
R
What was the Lund, Tischauser score.

Re: Abilene vs. Clay Center #65532 02/04/06 04:11 AM
Nigel Isom Offline
7 - 4 in favor of Lund. As I said earlier Marvio had Lund in a front headlock/ cement mixer and was in the process of turning him to his back, and time ran out. Great match.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 203 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,958
Posts250,396
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)