Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jake lecliter 8u 43 #4151 03/15/04 02:59 PM
D
dukes Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Why didn't Jake Lecliter from WWC wrestle at sub's? He would of had a very good chance at another state title.

Re: Jake lecliter 8u 43 #4152 03/15/04 05:48 PM
H
howdyho Offline
H
I think he would have too. I heard he came down sick the week of Wichita Classic and is still recovering.

Re: Jake lecliter 8u 43 #4153 03/15/04 07:15 PM
D
Dan Gentzler Offline
D
Jacob Lecliter has been real sick and was unable to go last wseekend.Jacob has won or placed in every big tournament in the country this year so yes I think his chance of winning another state title were pretty good.Boo Dryden,Zac Gentzler,Travis Young and Lecliter started wrestling in september and will go until the end of April.Jacob is such a hard worker in pratice is why he so good at tournament.We hope he gets better in time for Reno and Columbus.Jacob is going to be a great wrestler to watch in the future.Dan Gentzler head coach of Wichita Wrestling Club.

Re: Jake lecliter 8u 43 #4154 03/15/04 10:29 PM
L
Leck Offline
L
Jake got Mono. I knew he had not been at his best for a while, but I failed to see it getting worse. When I would get home from work, I would find him sleeping on the sofa or in bed, I'd wake him up, he would say he felt good and we would go to practice. He used to meet me at the door with his wrestling shoes on and his bag ready to go to practice. You see when Jake isn't wrestling at his best, he is still very very good, and I just thought it was the end of the season catching up with him. Then he got sick at practice the Thursday before the Wichita Classic but he insisted he was fine. Then he got sent home, sick from school the next day, and still he insisted he was fine. Then I took a good look at him and decided to take him to the doctor. He had Mono and he had it bad. Now I was left with a decision to make, feed my ego and push him to another state title or help my kid get back to good health. I love my kid and "he" is what is important, not another trophy. If you know Jake, you know he is always happy, physically strong as can be, one heck of a technique wrestler with a bunch of moves that he is ready to use, and most of all he is good hearted, clean and honest little wrestler. Jake has brought home hardware from: Cliff Keen Kickoff, Tulsa Nationals, United States Juniors Open, Mid America Classic in Iowa, and he is the 2004 Oklahoma Series Points Champion [check out his picture on Oklahoma's web site] He has not been beaten in Kansas this year. He has 47 pins for this season alone. He never back talks the coaches or messes around at practice. Dispite all that he has got to get back to full health before he goes on. He is cool about it, but I'm taking it hard, even though I don't let him know it. I think we'll stay as far away from wrestling as we can get for the next two weeks, maybe we'll go to Missouri. Anyway, now that I got all that out of the way, Good Luck to Boo, Zack, Alex, Robbey, the Umschieds, Quinten, Nic, Codie, Tyler, and Eron, just to name a few. Hey Zack, Jake sure looks up to you so bring this one home for him. Thanks for asking about him. Jeff Leckliter

Re: Jake lecliter 8u 43 #4155 03/16/04 01:53 AM
Lindon Bontz Offline
The wrestling room hasn't been quite the same with out Jake these last couple of weeks. He's one of the hardest workers in the room. His infectious smile can lift any spirit. We hope you are back to full strength soon and look forward to a great season next year.

Lindon N. Bontz
Re: Jake lecliter 8u 43 #4156 03/16/04 03:42 AM
O
old timer Offline
O
MR.JACOB LECLITER

Re: Jake lecliter 8u 43 #4157 03/16/04 04:29 PM
E
ewrestler Offline
E
All the wrestlers at Wichita East, Mikey, and myself hope Jake gets better and the state tournment is the one that has lost without him there. Hope he makes it to Reno and good luck there.

Ron Rhea
Wichita East Wrestling Club

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 277 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,969
Posts250,407
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)