Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Jris vs. Horinek #68928 03/17/04 12:49 AM
JhrisCennings Offline
D'OH!!!! Now what am I supposed to do?

So this kid is putting on his shoes right, and his mom says, honey you're putting your shoes on the wrong feet, and the little kid says, no mom these are my feet
Re: Jris vs. Horinek #68929 03/17/04 12:59 AM
JhrisCennings Offline
Oh and by the way, I appreciate your unability to notify the organizers that you are not able to compete. I was planning on having knee surgery as soon as I could, and that was after the Senior Classic. I put off the surgery to prove to everyone that I was still among the best in the state. Now that you're not going to wrestle, it wastes a ton of my time waiting. Thank you Jeff. You live up to the hype everyone has given you for being a good person. I would really really like to see you live up to your name and beat me but, oh well.

So this kid is putting on his shoes right, and his mom says, honey you're putting your shoes on the wrong feet, and the little kid says, no mom these are my feet
Re: Jris vs. Horinek #68930 03/17/04 01:05 AM
JhrisCennings Offline
Don't take that the wrong way everyone. I have the hugest respect for Jeff, being the best 215 pounder in Kansas. I'm just a little upset that he isn't going because I did a lot, and gave up a lot to wrestle him. I could have had surgery sooner and it would have changed a lot for me. Now, I will be going to prom on crutches, I'll miss half of my summer, and I'll have to limp my way across the stage to graduate. Had I known what he just said, I could have enjoyed these things. Oh well. Good luck Jeff because you're a ma-hony man and throw the discuss like 352,842 miles. Good luck at CSU next year as well. I'll watch for you on TV when I'm old and say that I almost wrestled with him. And my children will be amazed. Thank ya.

Re: Jris vs. Horinek #68931 03/17/04 01:05 AM
Prant Garker Offline
Oh, crazy Jhris and his rage problems.

I think he makes a valid point, if it is indeed true that Heff submitted a sheet to wrestle in the East/West dual. I know Jhris was looking forward to wrestling you and waited to have surgery, but if you can't make the opportunity then you can't make it. I think Jhris just wishes he could have known sooner, as he has been hoping to get beat down by Jorinek.

But hey, if you can't make it, best of luck to you in Colorado. (But hey--reconsiderrecondsiderreconsider)

And if you CAN'T go, the new East/West line-up at 215 will look something like this:

Adam Knipp vs. Raymond Carrera
Jhris Cennings vs. Prant Garker

I say Garker by pin in the first.

Re: Jris vs. Horinek #68932 03/17/04 01:46 AM
J
JeffHorinek Offline
J
jhris, i have no idea how my name could have possibly gotten onto the list to compete at the classic. i never submitted a sheet to compete and i was never contacted by anyone to do so. i do know that i told my coach at the beginning of the season that i wasn't going to participate in it so i know he never filled out the application. i know what it's like to have a knee surgery and miss out on things.(such as all but one tourney my soph. yr) so i'm sorry about your knee and you missing out on some of the spring festivities. i hope your surgeon will do well and it will heal fast. maybe someday when we're both old men we can meet up and have an exhibition that can last until one of our hips breaks. sorry once again for the misunderstanding.

Re: Jris vs. Horinek #68933 03/17/04 02:08 AM
usawks1 Offline
wow ... what a class act jeff is!

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Re: Jris vs. Horinek #68934 03/17/04 03:21 AM
M
Mike Holliday Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Imagine: a 2-time state chamion in wrestling. A multiple time state champion in the shot and discus. And he's playing football in college. Now that's an athlete. His brother was a good athlete too...saw him several times on TV punting for CSU...usually in the snow

Re: Jris vs. Horinek #68935 03/17/04 04:04 AM
Prant Garker Offline
Yeah, but can he play tennis?

Talk to me when you excel in a REAL sport, Heffy.

Re: Jris vs. Horinek #68936 03/17/04 04:04 AM
JhrisCennings Offline
That is nice but I just wish things could have been cleared up sooner. I feel that we're the best 215ers in the state, and a match would have been extremely salty (I would lose of course). Jeff, maybe when I'm all healed up we can go at it in a freestyle match or something. I also highly doubt that you're the champion bowler that I am. Did you go to nationals? I think not.
I'm also a bit disappointed that you're not excited to wrestle me. I've been looking forward to you for awhile now. I wanted a shot to wrestle the best because you're that.

Re: Jris vs. Horinek #68937 03/17/04 04:06 AM
JhrisCennings Offline
I guess they'll just have to send your JV 215er to fill in for you. Then, when I win, I'll get the W over you too. Just kidding of course.

Re: Jris vs. Horinek #68938 03/17/04 04:56 AM
G
Glick125 Offline
G
Horinek would manhandle Jhris.

Re: Jris vs. Horinek #68939 03/17/04 06:04 AM
N
niugrad Offline
N
Wouldn't the guy who beat jhris in the finals be the next best 215lber behind horinek.

Re: Jris vs. Horinek #68940 03/17/04 12:07 PM
JhrisCennings Offline
You could say that. But that's not how I see it. You see, I beat him the week before. He also had 2 other losses to a guy I've beaten by 6 or more each time. I think I just had a bad match, and that wouldn't happen again. And Jeff would not man handle me, just ask him.

Re: Jris vs. Horinek #68941 03/17/04 12:07 PM
JhrisCennings Offline
You guys can't say I suck, only I can do that.

Re: Jris vs. Horinek #68942 03/17/04 06:28 PM
I
it's me Offline
I
being horineks assistant caoch this year i have learned alot about this guy (Other than the fact that he is big and a nice guy.) He has his priorities sit on what he wants to do in life. i can not blame him for giving up one wrestling match (to prove again that he is the best 215 pounder in the state) to go to colorado and learn from another man that has competed in the olympics. I think that his wrestling is over with and that is fine. He is moving on to things that are bigger and better for him personally.
and one more thing Jhris, why do you want to bowl against Horenik. are you that jealous of him that you need to find something that you can beat him at.

Bryan M.

Re: Jris vs. Horinek #68943 03/17/04 10:53 PM
JhrisCennings Offline
Yeah, you've got it about right. I just think that he shouldn't be considered the best, until he beats the best. In my halfway decent season, I beat the 4a champ, 5a champ, and 6a champ. Who did he wrestle. I have no doubt that he's amazing, I just don't think he's had the competetion to be considered the best just yet.

Re: Jris vs. Horinek #68944 03/17/04 10:59 PM
iFeelFat Offline
i dunno jhris, im not you and I say you suck.

Re: Jris vs. Horinek #68945 03/17/04 11:02 PM
Prant Garker Offline
Bryan M, you obviously didn't get Jhris's joke about bowling. My challenge in tennis, however, was NOT a joke.

I know Jhris did not win state, but when he is wrestling his best, I know he could give Horinek a great match. Jhris did not wrestle well in his finals match, he'll be the first to tell you. And he has a point- he has beaten the 4a, 5a and 6a state champs. All he wants is a shot to wrestle the 321a champ. (Which won't happen, which is unfortunate, but what can you do?)

Just to stick up for my boy here, Jhris dominated some people this year and wrestled 32 great matches. Any season where you beat 3 state champs by at least 6 points is a successful one. Heff, while undoubtedly a man-monster, has not wrestled any other state champs, I don't believe. And not to be a Negative Nancy, but Plattner was less than impressive at Beloit, and Heff did not seem to destroy him in the finals.

Again, Heff Jorinek is a great wrestler. No one doubts that, and no one doubts that he will do well in the future. I wish the best of luck to him. I think Jhris just wanted the opportunity to redeem himself and prove that he can go toe to toe with anyone.

Re: Jris vs. Horinek #68946 03/17/04 11:05 PM
JhrisCennings Offline
Well, I wanted my picture to be taken with him too. So that when he's famous someday, I'll be associated with him.

Re: Jris vs. Horinek #68947 03/18/04 12:00 AM
H
hmd Offline
H
I gotta defend Jeff here. Jeff wrestled some faithly tough competion this year as well. He moved to hw to wrestle danny lavoire, beat the #1 ranked nebraska twice, tech falled him both times, beat the #4 nebraska wrestle in norton, beat guy miller, beat a ranked colorado wrestler at the colby dual tourney, the only guy he lost to in the past two years was bedore, 3-2 and 2-1 both close matches. Actually, the only points that Jeff gave up this year were escapes but letting kids up off of alternative starts. He did not allow any takedowns, no reversals, no back points, no anything. He did however have right at 140 takedowns, if he didn't tech fall them, he pinned them, there was not a time during any match when he was not in complete control.

(jeff will prolly kill me when he sees this, but I gotta stick up for him!)

Deone Horinek

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 233 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,969
Posts250,407
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)