Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: For the luv of the sport? #69796 02/03/04 01:02 PM
P
Pull My Finger Offline
P
Mr. Church,

I think that it is very funny that you have changed your original post that bashed me. Your original post claimed that Elliot was elible and that I obviously had no idea what I was talking about. Since Elliot was not elible at the time of your original post, I can only draw two conclusions to your statements. First would be that you are the one that had no idea what you were talking about and failed to gather all information before your not so nice post to me. Or, second would be that you knew at the time of your post that Elliot was not elible, in which case you are a liar. I think that a portion of my post was misunderstood by you. I do support giving athletes every posibility to compete, but at the same time, I do support the rules which govern our sport and support that those rules should be followed. I never questioned you or your intentions. I know that you and the other coaches at South had nothing to do with Tim transferring schools. My original statement was that maybe instead of letting a stupid disagreement with a coach and father interrupt an athletes season, maybe the father, athlete and coach should have sat down to discuss the issues and come to an agreement that would have allowed them to work out their differences. But instead, the kid, either through the influence of his parents or on his own, decided to run away from a difficult situation to a program that would allow him to wrestle the way that he wants to. I think that allowing him to transfer away from a supposed difficult situation, which was merely a disagreement over wrestling styles, the kid should have been encouraged to stick it out and find a way to make things work.

Either way, Elliot is now elible and I truly happy for him. Contrary to your opinion, I do know about the dwindling numbers and do understand the importance of allowing those who are able to compete to do so. I'm glad that his coaches were able to get all of the paperwork cleared up to allow him to compete and I'm now looking forward to an interesting league tournament.

Re: For the luv of the sport? #69797 02/03/04 01:16 PM
W
W. Heights AD Offline OP
OP Offline
W
First of all, we did not find out that Tim was ineligible until approx. 4 pm Thursay before the Carroll Dual. So to call me a liar is out of line. I have never lied and when I found out tim was ineligible, I changed my post and left the reason why I did so. I am a stand up person and have no reason to lie or decieve anyone.
For you to hide behind that name of Pull My Finger and even hint that option #2 you gave shows me 1)you don't have any idea who I am or the type of person I am or 2)You get off hiding behind a false name and bashing other people which is in my opinion cowardly. If you are at our league tourney and you see or hear me (which you undoubtably will), pull me aside and lets have a chat.

Have a good day.

Coach Church

"Well spoken words have great value, but hard work has it's own rewards"
Re: For the luv of the sport? #69798 02/03/04 01:43 PM
P
Pull My Finger Offline
P
I wasn't the one that told the world that he was elible before you heard back from the state as to whether or not he really was. I'm curious as to why you changed your post instead of just correcting your statements. I didn't think that it was very nice of you to say the things that you did about me just because we don't see eye to eye on this topic. Its very clear that I don't think that Tim should have transferred, but since he did, i'm glad that he is now able to wrestle. I just re-read my posts and I don't understand where you are getting that I have bashed you. I stated that I did not question you or your intentions about Tim's transfer. The only thing negative I said about you was that you were either misinformed and failed to make sure that your statement was completely accurate or that you knew the whole time in which case what you originally posted was a lie. If you did not know, then you are not a liar, but did fail to make sure that what you stated was true before you posted it. And as to my name, I really like the Pull My Finger thing, I'm sorry that you don't.

See you at City League.

Re: For the luv of the sport? #69799 02/03/04 01:49 PM
P
Pull My Finger Offline
P
Just one more thing, you stated "I have never lied and when I found out tim was ineligible, I changed my post and left the reason why I did so." But when you changed your post you made the statement "AS FOR ELLIOT, WE DON'T KNOW IF HE IS ELIGIBLE OR NOT. HE WEIGHED IN FOR US TODAY AND WE ARE WAITING FOR CAMPUS HIGH SCHOOL TO FAX US PAPERWORK SO WE CAN SEND IT TO THE STATE. HE MIGHT AND HE MIGHT NOT BE ELIGIBLE." If you knew he was ineligible, how could you make a true statement that you did not know if he was or was not eligible and that he may or may not be competing that night? Kinda contradicting yourself a bit. Well there's things to be done, enjoy the rest of your day.

Re: For the luv of the sport? #69800 02/03/04 02:22 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
uhmmmmmmm............"Last Post:"

Re: For the luv of the sport? #69801 02/03/04 02:29 PM
W
W. Heights AD Offline OP
OP Offline
W
"And yes DB777, I did change my post. Due to a problem in administration of Elliots paperwork, he is not yet eligible. We found this out at 4:00 pm yesterday 12/29 (3 hours before the dual). Not going to comment on who and what the problem was though but to say that Elliot and us coaches did everything right. Only way I could do so. But Pull My Finger did have me pretty irritated yesterday"

Shut your mouth! PMF

Coach Church

"Well spoken words have great value, but hard work has it's own rewards"
Re: For the luv of the sport? #69802 02/03/04 02:37 PM
P
Pull My Finger Offline
P
That's adding a new post to correct your mistake, not changing your oringinal post. But I shouldn't have to explain the difference to you. Thanks sportsfan02, I missed that one. And there's no need to be so testy, I mean, come on...is the anger really all that necessary?

Re: For the luv of the sport? #69803 02/03/04 02:43 PM
B
Bauerly Offline
B
This is all great all the jabbing at one and another just back to the topic how do you transfer from lets just say a Mo school to a KS school and not change address and there is no hardship and you did not start school in the fall at the KS school as all students would but you decided to start lets say end of Dec or Jan 1 I fined it hard to believe you can do any competition and you do not have to set out until you complete a full semester oh yea unless you go to parochial school where they may bend the rules please give me some feed back??

Re: For the luv of the sport? #69804 02/03/04 05:21 PM
M
Mike Church Sr. Offline
M
I,m only guessing but I bett PMF goes to Campus.

Re: For the luv of the sport? #69805 02/04/04 02:38 AM
S
stawrestlingmom Offline
S
Just curious, do all these rules about eligibility and moving between schools apply to movement from public to private schools particularly crossing state lines? (i.e like moving a kid after one semester from a public school in MO to a private school in KS) I'd really like to know the answer on that if anyone knows. Richard Salyer, I bet you know.

Re: For the luv of the sport? #69806 02/04/04 10:31 AM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
The Kansas State High School Activities Association, the governing body for high school and middle school activities in this State is comprised of more than 370 senior high and 427 middle/junior high member schools. Member schools must be accredited and are both public and private schools.

The Kansas State High School Activities Association was formed in 1937 and incorporated in 1956. The KSHSAA started as a small voluntary group of fewer than 50 schools and grew to more than 500 schools by the 1920s. Out of necessity, the member schools adopted eligibility and participation rules.

In order to participate in a KSHSAA sponsored championship, all participating schools must be members of KSHSAA. All member schools both public and private must abide by the eligibility rules. The rules are consistent, and enforcement of the rules is applied equally to both public and private schools.

What is unique to private schools are school boundaries. In Kansas, the state is divided into school districts, and the individual school districts may sub divide their districts for enrollment purposes as the individual district deems prudent. Private schools do not have school boundaries.

I do not know the specifics of the former Missouri student transferring to St. Thomas Aquinas, and therefore choose not to comment on that specific matter.

Questions regarding that specific transfer should be directed to the Athletic Director of St. Thomas Aquinas.

Be aware, there are privacy laws regarding release of student information.

Richard D. Salyer
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 199 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,969
Posts250,407
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)