Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
tim elliott #69912 01/06/04 02:25 AM
T
tadcock Offline OP
OP Offline
T
found out today that tim transfered from campus to wichita south

Re: tim elliott #69913 01/06/04 02:40 AM
D
DirtyWrasslin Offline
D
What weight is he gonna go this year?

Re: tim elliott #69914 01/06/04 03:05 AM
Coachjt Offline
He's going 119

The current rankings

5A - 119

1. Karl Brown, Bishop Carroll, 2nd last year
2. Garrett Harding, Winfield, 3rd last year
3. Nick Nothern, Salina South, 2nd last year
4. Tristan DeShazer, Wichita West, 1st last year
5. Nathan DelForge, Valley Center, 6th last year
6. Aaron Bird, KC Turner, 3rd last year

6A - 119
1. Russell Freeman, Goddard, Did not place
2. Brian Ast, Emporia, Did not place
3. Tim Muyan, St. Thomas Aquinas, ?

Which would you go 5A? or 6A?

Re: tim elliott #69915 01/06/04 05:18 AM
J
jse Offline
J
Coachjt,might be the "way you would go",but shows that you know nothing about tim, or his situation.He travels the country wrestling the best compitition he can.Looks foward to wrestling the best and being the best he can be.Has wrestled Karl,Garrett,Nick,and Tris many times with mixed success,and looks foward to wrestling them this year also.To insinuate he is, or would duck compition is just wrong.He has no fear loosing,hates it,but would never run fom it.I feel Karl,Garrett,Nick,and Tris would agree,might be wrong,I can't speak for them,but they know him well.Obviously you know him none. Jon Elliott

Re: tim elliott #69916 01/06/04 07:29 AM
rocknraider Offline
Just wondering why he transferred schools.

Also those 6A kids mentioned r tough wrestlers and just as good as a few of the 5A mentioned. And actually Brian Ast(emporia, 6A) pinned Nathan Delforge(5A placer) last yr....

With the power of Ra!
Re: tim elliott #69917 01/06/04 11:31 PM
T
tadcock Offline OP
OP Offline
T
i know tim personally to, and he is one of the toughest wrestlers i've wrestled in a long time. i also know very well that he could hang if not beat anyone of those kids that are ranked at each class. whatever the situiation may be, i know tim is wrestling for a good program with great coaches at south high, and i know he will be a definate threat to win 6a 119.

Re: tim elliott #69918 01/07/04 03:03 AM
mike elliott Offline
I can guarantee that Tim's departure from Campus has nothing to do with 5A vs 6A. I know that it wasn't an easy decision, both he and his father had alot invested in Campus. It seems a little unfair to Tim to make an already tough situation worse by insinuating that he moved to avoid competition.

Re: tim elliott #69919 01/07/04 10:39 AM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
I would like to wish Tim the best of luck on his transfer. I will have to agree with Jon and Mike, as I have watched Tim develop as a wrestler over the last five (5) years, and have never known Tim to avoid competition. To the contrary, Tim has traveled across the country to wrestle with the best.

I also know South High Schools head wrestling coach, and I nominated this individual in a differant thread as one of Kansas best high school wrestling coaches. Hard to go wrong with Coach Dave Nigg.

I too know the difficulties involved in the decision making process regarding transferring schools as one of my sons recently transferred to Kapaun. The decision was very difficult for him, however the decision was based ENTIRELY on my sons belief he would be further challenged academically at Kapaun, further enhancing his possibilities of obtaining an Educational scholarship. My son carries an approximate 3.5 grade point average.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: tim elliott #69920 01/09/04 03:53 PM
DFOSTER22 Offline
i know tim to and he is a real good wrestler. And the reason why tim left campus is because his dad made him. because bourne wouldnt stick up for him in some of the calls that the ref made

You have no control over what the other guy does. You only have control over what you do.
Re: tim elliott #69921 01/09/04 05:42 PM
P
Pull My Finger Offline
P
I think we all know the reason Mr. Adcock is sticking up for Tim...and why is Tyler attending Northwest now??? As far as leaving because a coach wouldn't stick up for a wrestler based on a ref's call...that is a real weak excuse, but if that's what you need to sleep at night, then so be it.

Re: tim elliott #69922 01/10/04 05:15 AM
T
tadcock Offline OP
OP Offline
T
pull my finger: i dont know what other reason you would think of as to me sticking up for tim other than he is a friend of mine and i'd rather support his decision of transfering whatever it may be instead of bad mouthing him like you did. and i've been going to northwest since last year so its not like im just NOW going there, because i have been going there for aout a year now.

Re: tim elliott #69923 01/12/04 12:29 PM
P
Pull My Finger Offline
P
Tyler, I didn't dog Tim, just thought that him using the excuse of his coach not sticking up for him was weak, that's all. I just thought that it was funny that of all the people that post on this forum, you would be one to stick up for him since you transferred from Goddard to Northwest last year, not exactly in the same district now are they. And exactly how did you pull of the eligibility thing?

Re: tim elliott #69924 01/12/04 01:25 PM
W
W. Heights AD Offline
W
My turn! If a student is not happy with the school he is attending, the program he is in, and the situation around him, then he has all rights to remove himself from that situation and put himself in sitation which will give him success academically and in whatever extra-curricular activity they participate in. I am an assistant at Wichita South and I can say that in no way was he cohersed at all to switch schools and he and his family made the decison on their own. Honestly, we havent even seen him since he enrolled here at South since he is not eligible until our Semester ends and he attends a day of classes (1/20).

5A 119 was for sure a tough weight. Probably the toughest in 5A. However we all know that on any given day, about anyone can win a state title. It's all about who shows up. How many times has an unranked or low seeded wrestler done it? So to say he had no chance of winning that weight or competing is wrong.

Campus has a coach that I respect a lot. They have a program that has totally turned around and are good. So to leave that program and those workout partners was probably a hard decision. Tim will do well wherever he is. He is that good.

Coach Church

"Well spoken words have great value, but hard work has it's own rewards"
Re: tim elliott #69925 01/12/04 01:42 PM
Marbla Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by mchurch1:
My turn! If a student is not happy with the school he is attending, the program he is in, and the situation around him, then he has all rights to remove himself from that situation and put himself in sitation which will give him success academically and in whatever extra-curricular activity they participate in. I am an assistant at Wichita South and I can say that in no way was he cohersed at all to switch schools and he and his family made the decison on their own. Honestly, we havent even seen him since he enrolled here at South since he is not eligible until our Semester ends and he attends a day of classes (1/20).

5A 119 was for sure a tough weight. Probably the toughest in 5A. However we all know that on any given day, about anyone can win a state title. It's all about who shows up. How many times has an unranked or low seeded wrestler done it? So to say he had no chance of winning that weight or competing is wrong.

Campus has a coach that I respect a lot. They have a program that has totally turned around and are good. So to leave that program and those workout partners was probably a hard decision. Tim will do well wherever he is. He is that good.
couldn't have said it better myself.

Seth Farley
Re: tim elliott #69926 01/12/04 08:06 PM
P
Pull My Finger Offline
P
Didn't mean for that to sound like he was recruited by South. I know the South coaches well enough to know that this wasn't the case. My apologies for those that interpreted it that way.

Re: tim elliott #69927 01/13/04 03:58 AM
H
Hovpen Offline
H
Unless his parents packed up and moved out of the Campus district, doesn't he have to wait the full 90 days like everyone else. In this case, he would not be eligible until the fall of 04. This is one where I wouldn't touch it without a parental change of address and approval from the KSHSAA which with a transfer, they have to approve anyways. Once that comes through, best of luck.

Re: tim elliott #69928 01/14/04 03:28 PM
W
W. Heights AD Offline
W
Well, first of all, he did move into South High's district. So that automatically makes him eligible by KSHSAA rules. Our prinipal at South is on the KSHSAA board so he had went over it completely. We would not do anything illegal and jeopardize the status and integrity of our team and our athletes. It's all good!

Coach Church

Re: tim elliott #69929 01/14/04 07:20 PM
X
xtitan98 Offline
X
mchurch, I do not know that South would do anything illegal to jeopardize people, but I do kow that South jeopardizes some of their athletes each week. When you make your statistic people sit on the floor of the bus while drive to tournaments. That is demeaning and unfair to them. Either drive a bigger bus or go without, do not endanger students.

Re: tim elliott #69930 01/14/04 08:03 PM
W
W. Heights AD Offline
W
The subject of this line was Tim Elliot so you should just stick to that. However, now that you have brought that up. WHO CARES! Let the stat girls ride on top of the bus without a seatbelt as far as I am concerned. We don't endanger any of our people and if we thought we were endangering them, then we wouldnt do it. If they do not like how crowded the bus is, stay home. It's a privelidge for a manager to go on a trip and should be the time of their lives. Enough said. The only girls that belong on the mat are the ones who wrestle. Other than that, stay home if you dont like it.

Coach Church

Coach Church

Re: tim elliott #69931 01/14/04 08:11 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Coach Church,

I'm not sure your district insurance carrier would feel the same.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Coach Malay), 231 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,969
Posts250,407
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)