Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76148 04/26/04 03:11 PM
J
J. Gibson Offline
J
Aaron,

Thank you for the posts on your situation. They are theraputic for you and us.

They are good therapy so you can deal with all of the emotional crud that you have to deal with on your way to recovery. Keep that positive focus of recovery.

They also are good for us in the wrestling community. We get so wrapped up in all that happens on the mat that we forget that God has blessed us with some of the most corageous, giving, humorous, and loving people a sport has to offer. Your updates are reminders that wrestling has brought all of us together, but there is something so much bigger than the sport at stake. We have made lifetime connections and friends through this sport and when we go through the trials and tribulations of life, we have a support group that hopes and prays for us in our time of need.

I hope it comforts you to know that though you've never met some of us personally, we are concerned and are praying to see sometime soon a post that reads, "Cancer - yeah I kicked its A$$."

Good luck and God bless

gibby

Jeremy Gibson
Topeka Tornadoes Wrestling Coach
Sunflower Gold Freestyle/Greco Coach
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76149 04/26/04 04:50 PM
S
Steve O Offline
S
Turner wrestlers will have you in their thoughts. You will fight though this!

Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76150 04/26/04 10:23 PM
LancerM Offline
Good luck Aaron, you're in my thoughts as well.

Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76151 04/27/04 01:25 AM
V-S Vikings Offline
Aaron:

Fight the good fight and know we're all in your corner and you're in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us all posted.

Coach Holmes

"The only thing you ever deserve is what you earn."
— Tom Brands, Head Wrestling Coach, Virginia Tech
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76152 04/27/04 01:38 AM
M
Mike Holliday Offline
M
Good luck man. Really puts everything into perspective. 2 things: you're young and you're a wrestler. I don't think cancer or any disease has a chance!

Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76153 04/27/04 05:43 PM
Ryan Jilka Offline
Aaron,

" Some river rocks gently have the water wash over them. Others are tossed about by rough currents and become polished. These are the ones sought after for their beauty."-unknown

You are going through a tough time right now, but you will come out of it a better man. Keep your head up, and call on your wrestling family for anything you need, no matter how insignificant you may think it is. We want to help, let us know how.

Our prayers are with you,
Ryan Jilka and the Goddard Wrestling family

"The days I can keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are good days" ~ Judy Hubbard
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76154 04/27/04 06:50 PM
Prant Garker Offline
Sweazy, just wanted to let you know that you have people in multiple time zones wishing you the best. Best of luck.

Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76155 04/28/04 02:13 AM
C
CBottorff Offline
C
Aaron,

We are thinking of you here at Circle. Keep battling partner!!! If you need anything let us know. Ill try to send you an email.

Chad Bottorff
Circle High School
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76156 04/28/04 12:19 PM
usawks1 Offline
Aaron, Just coming back to the webpage after a few days off ... to this! Our health is a precious thing. Meet this challenge with that dynamite smile you had on your face at the Senior Classic.

My thoughts and prayers are for many future meetings and tournaments to come!

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76157 04/29/04 05:23 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Guys haven't really had a break since diagnosis on Thursday the 22nd. Had bone marrow biopsy done yesterday and had a heart/liver function test and had a Port a Catheter put in my chest to make it less painful with each Chemo treatment...8:00 am on Thursday 29th, I have a Cardiopulmonary Function Test at Mercy Hospital in Manhattan.

By the way...this will update you as well should I be to sick to write :

Thanks to my sister in law who was a high school wrestling manager back a few years ago...Everyone will be able to follow my progress. Here is a website that has been started up that will allow everyone to leave messages and follow the journey:

http://www.caringbridge.org/ks/aaronsweazy

I'm off to bed...goodnight everyone...and thanks again for everything!

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76158 04/30/04 01:56 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I think we might hire some wrestlers to answer the door at our house...yesterday a whack-job lady came up and said she heard about me having cancer and that her daughter's went to school with me...well to make a long story short she said that some people in her church had their son cured totally of cancer by drinking "the water" I kid you not...this lady was trying to give my mom a flyer about some cure all water...she also said that if I couldn't swallow it I could spray it on. If water was the cure all for cancer...I'd have been buck naked in the rain hours ago!

Where do we get these yokels?

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76159 04/30/04 02:11 PM
C
CoachEd Offline
C
Swayz,

You are so precious. I read each day with interest and hope, your posts. My family only knows you from the forum, but that is good enough for us. Our daily prayers are with you and know that you will fight the good fight. As everyone has said, our wrestling family is strong in faith and we plan to use all of it to get you healed. Have a great day.

The Edisons

Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76160 05/03/04 07:35 PM
ROBERT M. GONZALES Offline
AARON GOOD AFTERNOON, I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AND I KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN IN THE WRESTLING COMMUNITY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO POST A REPLY FOR SEVERAL WEEKS BUT I GUESS I HAVE BEEN SENDING THE MESSAGES TO CYBER SPACE. I HOPE THIS ONE GETS THROUGH. REMEMBER HOW YOU HAD TO HELP ME THROUGH THE WHOLE KIDS STATE AND SENIOR CLASSIC MEDIA PASS AND E-MAIL MESSAGES. WELL I STILL NEED YOUR HELP BIG GUY. SO GET STRONGER WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU. JUST LIKE THE MAN FROM MACON GEORGIA OVER IN IRAQ THAT HAD HIS COMMUNITY AND FAMILY PRAYING FOR HIS SAFE RETURN. WE ALSO ARE THINKING OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. THE POWER OF PRAYER IS SO GREAT AND WE ARE ON OUR KNEES PRAYING FOR YOU AND KNOW ING IN OUR HEARTS THAT YOU WILL IMPROVE. DON'T FORGET THE MOCK INTERVIEW WE DID SO THAT YOU CAN BECOME A SUCCESSFUL COACH AND DO WHAT YOU REALLY WANT. THAT IS WORK WITH YOUNG PEOPLE IN THE SPORT OF WRESTLING . GET STRONGER MY YOUNG FRIEND. A OLD COACH IS THINKING OF YOU EVERY DAY AND PRAYING FOR YOU. RMG

RMG
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76161 05/04/04 03:48 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I've heard from many a wrestlers and wrestling families thus far here, via email and on my website...and I take it to heart hearing from my fellow Kansas wrestling colleagues.

I was supposed to go into Chemo today, but due to a flaw in the clinic not getting me on medication last week to prepare for this, I now have to wait 1more day...it's like getting a bye in a tournament and not wrestling until 4pm it sucks!!!

Well anyway, I hope all is well, there is a website established (if you didn't already know) that you all can leave messages, some of the wrestling names on there just have me floored to hear from guys like various Kansas State Champions to 3 and 4 time National Champions in College. The wrestling community has been outstanding...and if you want a good emotional message to read on that site read old Coach Jagerson's email, from a guy that was a tough guy, he sure can make tears come to your eyes.

But anyway you can read up on my updates, and also leave messages...we are looking for photos of me but are having trouble finding some. Here is the site: http://www.caringbridge.org/ks/aaronsweazy hope you all are doing well on finals and are staying in better health than me. I

Take care and God Bless....

Your bro in wrestling,

Aaron Sweazy

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76162 05/05/04 11:17 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
There should be an update on the site hopefully tonight by my sis in law. Had some trouble with chemo but am doing fine. I'm getting excited for all the guys and gals if we have them going to Fargo...I hope you all kick rear although it's still down the road, just seeing advertising for purchasing the tshirts for the Greco guys has my blood pumping Kansas along with the chemo. Hope everybody is doing well.

Coach Gonzalez...

I'll keep fighting, I may even try to make it out to Topeka as much as I'm driving out to Manhattan that would just be a short added skip up the road for a handshake and hug.

To the wrestling community-

I'm doing well and soon will be the Bald Headed Teddy Bear...so I ought to be a sight for sore eyes. I miss a lot of you and wish season would start up already so I can root for many wrestlers, meet crazy parents, get poked in the eye by referees from the Senior Classic), you know all the good stuff. Anyway, I miss you all and wish the best to those competing this summer and getting ready for competition. I may get out for the Sunflower State Games to see everyone if my health allows for it.

Take care....

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76163 05/06/04 01:46 AM
M
mike fairleigh Offline
M
The Chemo may open up a new opportunity for you.
Jesse Ventura was just a wrestler, but then became bald and soon was governor. I think the possibilities are there, and heaven knows this state could use a governor, and a bald wrestler may be just the thing!!!

Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76164 05/06/04 03:18 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Then we can get a my Governor might have been 3-21 in college, but he can try to whoop your Governor's butt! T-shirts made.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76165 05/06/04 11:47 AM
Mike Furches Offline
Hey Aaron, the bald look is not such a bad thing; my wife still likes it and all. You'll be surprised at how quick you get used to it. Grow a goatee and we can have the BHMWGWCPFA. you know, the Bald Headed Men With Goatees Wrestling Club Praying for Aaron. Of course, women are welcome too but the bald headed and goatee thing is not necessary. I hope that the goatee thing is not even possible for most women desiring to be a part of the club. Still praying for you bud, did last night at church with the worship team; even people from the church are asking for updates. You’re touching lives you don’t even know. The Sweaz is still ABHMOC – A Bald Headed Man of Courage

Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76166 05/09/04 01:11 AM
kck_kat Offline
Aaron,

Just another mom and wrestling fan that has been reading your post and enjoying them for a long time. Know that the Kansas wrestling family is holding you in our prayers and awaiting a speedy recovery. It's just another match, and from what I have read in your posts and in the posts of others, that has never backed you up before. Just jump in there and fight and it will be your arm raised at the end of the match. In the meantime, know that you have lots of friends and fans cheering on the sidelines. Hang in there kiddo! And on this evening before Mother's Day, I will keep your Mother in my prayers also.

Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76167 05/11/04 03:29 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Although we can't find a wrestling pic of me from college there are now pics of me on the http://www.caringbridge.org/ks/aaronsweazy website. Also a fund is being established to help defray the cost of all this medical stuff going on my way I'll post the info when I find out more.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 147 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,954
Posts250,390
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)