I see what vikes is talking about and Ive heard of the recruiting thing also with STA. I dont like it because it make for an uneven playing field, but dont take away from the STA kids. Im positive they have worked hard for what they have accomplished.

We have brought these woes upon ourselves because we have placed so much emphasis on sports and winning. It is not enough for a kid to compete and just enjoy sports anymore. Many parents are filled will delusions of grandeur that their kids are going to be division one athletes and with that undue pressure is placed upon coaches to produce unrealistic results or lose their job. If I was put in this position as a coach and I had the opportunity to use recruiting options I would probably consider it. Im not saying that STA does this Im just addressing the possibility of this situation.

Until KSHSAA steps in and follows through with guidelines against recruiting, which I wish they would, we just have to deal with it. Probably the best option would be to make a private school classification and let it fund its own state tournament, but we all know that KSHSAA doesnt possess the wisdom of the world as they might have you believe.

Congratulations STA Wrestlers on your championship.