Originally Posted By: RailerMulePanther
Here are my camparisions with what you said regarding football and basketball to wrestling.

Would the football team snap the ball when the play clock ran out and then just run around behind the line of scrimmage to waste time and then jump out of bounds?

Would the basketball team let the shoot clock expire and then just before it does try to just hit the rim so the shoot clock can restart?

By the way...stalling is not within the rules...you get penalized for it. You get a warning, penalty points, then you are defaulted from the match.

I am from Kansas, live in Kansas, wrestled in Kansas, I have been extremely impressed with how Kansas has looked the last two years at this event. They have appreared to be in better shape and have more of a want to than Missouri has. I am just dissapointed that the last match was wrestled the way it was, I dont think it did either wrestler justice as to the type of athlete they both are. What would have been the reaction if last year Levi Thompson would have blatanly ran from Levi to preserve a MO win last year.

Once again, I was for the most part very imressed with the job that was done by the Kansas team and wish their wrestlers and coaches the best of luck in the future.

If you think that Payne blatantly ran, then you didn't see the match. Bradley pushed him off the mat each time. Carl folded to the Missouri crowd on the stalling calls. I could see the call when Joe was on bottom but not when they were nuetral.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12