Originally Posted By: loud&proudmama
Don't know what happened, and further more, don't really care.

It is never acceptable behavior for a coach to make derogatory remarks to the opposing "wrestler" after the match.

I will say as a parent/coach, I have seen plenty of other situations this year alone that had just as much reason to have cause for major concern in regards to coaching, handling of kids, etc.

If, as stated above, you do not know the circumstances surrounding this event you are speaking from total ignorance.

If TOHK did something that offended anyone, I would like to believe it wasn't intentional.

The action(s) were intentional and your attempt to rationalize the behavior is misguided. If the same comment was made to your son or the same alleged comment which was made to the wrestler's mother made to you, I am quite certain you would have a different mind set.

People need to back off of this club and give them a break!

Were this a first or second time offense I would wholeheartedly agree. However this unacceptable behavior has gone on for YEARS.

My son has wrestled with this club on occasion, and they have taken him in as one of their own, treated him with the utmost respect, and have taught him to be a better wrestler. Find something else to focus on...TOHK is an excellent club, and has done my son right!

The passion for the sport and the loyalty displayed for their teammates is to be highly commended - it is the poor sportsmanship and unacceptable behavior which brings unnecessary spotlight on the club and their membership.

I also will commend Coaches Taylor (Kenny, Kenny Jr., and Gaylen) and Coach Knox for their attempts to correct this behavior.

Richard D. Salyer