I think I will weigh in on this topic. First and foremost. I have had the "pleasure" of officiating many matches involving TOHK kids. And surprisingly enough most of the time they are just as decent as the next club. The problems start arising as soon as a TOHK kid gets behind in a match. At this point is when the parents start trying to officiate the match themselves and give no consideration that the official on the mat just might know what the are talking about. That being said... too many times have I witness outlandish behavior out of SOME of the coaches and parents of the club. I can say in all my dealings with the club Coach Knox has NEVER raised his voice to me when he didn't like a call I made. Hes always been polite albeit frustrated and I understand that. Being sportsmanlike is the only way you will get any kind of attention from me.

Now I can't say the same things about a few of the other coaches for the team. What I will say is I think its time for Charlie to start doing something about his coaches and parents. Its him that needs to stand up and say I don't want my club represented this way. I think thats very important considering they have tremendous talent every year and most of it doesn't involve dirty wrestling and the like. TOHK is a competitive as Purler's kids with an unfortunate side of bad behavior.

This is a call out to Mr. Knox himself. I have alot of respect for you but you HAVE to get your club back in order. I really feel like even though this has gone on for years, eventually its going to come to a head. This could be as serious as a revocation of your club charter and I'd hate to see that. Now thats on their side. On the officials side of things, if they come to the table and question a judgement you KNOW what you are supposed to do. Warning and then ejection WITHOUT QUESTION. And we aren't just talking about coaches. Im talking about the wrestlers and the parents too. Let me also mention that this doesn't just apply to TOHK this applies to every other club too.
I know tournament directors don't like to see ejections but sometimes thats what you have to do. Its time to start making an example out of ANY team whose members act up.

In conclusion... I want to see clubs here in Kansas stop acting like little babies and thinking the world is against you because its not. Wrestling is available to everyone, blind, deaf, missing limbs etc. Don't let our sport get ruined like so many others because you think you have something to prove. Be a sportsman, be a competitor, and above all else, follow the golden rule.

Thanks everybody.

Last edited by usawks1; 03/18/07 01:06 PM.