Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: KSHSAA delivers yet another blow! [Re: sportsfan02] #110628 07/06/07 09:41 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Rick Bowden confirmed with me today that they are still searching for a site for 6A State. 5A State will not be at the arena in Hutch, but will be held at Hutchison High School. It will be interesting that the host of the 5A State tournament might just be wrestling at 6A State.

I wonder if it would be possible for KSHSAA to be more forthcoming and open about which venues were inquired about? I know that Rick Fields at Mid-America Nazarene had not heard from anyone at KSHSAA. Do Rick Bowden or Gary Musselman ever post on this forum? It is the ONLY source of information that most wrestlers and families have about wrestling. Why is this forum "below" them, that they would not at all be interested in responding as to the status of Kansas wrestling?

What circumstances caused 4A to back out of the 4-5-6A tournament? Did it damage the rest of 5 and 6A kids chances of wrestling at a large venue? Were the negotiations botched while trying to secure 5-6A at the Wichita Coliseum? Did they play hard ball and wait too long and cause the Coliseum to call their bluff and schedule the venue for a more interested party?

Are these questions that anyone else is wondering?

- Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: KSHSAA delivers yet another blow! [Re: Chief Renegade] #110632 07/06/07 11:55 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
 Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade

- Eric Johnson

Perhaps some, but certainly not those in the know!

Many of us know the answers to nearly all the questions you pose.

On May 3, 2007 when this thread was started Olathe NW had already declined to host the 6A tournament, however I did not wish to reply and correct Will's post.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: KSHSAA delivers yet another blow! [Re: Chief Renegade] #110638 07/07/07 09:53 AM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Rick Bowden confirmed with me today that they are still searching for a site for 6A State. 5A State will not be at the arena in Hutch, but will be held at Hutchison High School. It will be interesting that the host of the 5A State tournament might just be wrestling at 6A State.
- Eric Johnson

Salt Hawk Activity Center
Hutchinson High School

This recently built multi-use facility seats approximately 2,800 people.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: KSHSAA delivers yet another blow! [Re: RichardDSalyer] #110644 07/07/07 11:37 AM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
I am guessing the KWCA meeting this fall will be very interesting. By the way, how many of you 5 and 6A coaches belong to the KWCA? How many of you make a habit of attending the meetings?

Re: KSHSAA delivers yet another blow! [Re: sportsfan02] #110645 07/07/07 01:29 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
 Originally Posted By: sportsfan02
By the way, how many of you 5 and 6A coaches belong to the KWCA? How many of you make a habit of attending the meetings?

2006-2007 KWCA Membership Roster:(including assistant coaches)

3-2-1A
86 Participating High Schools
61 Coaches

4A
59 Participating High Schools
63 Coaches

5A
32 Participating High Schools
50 Coaches

6A
32 Participating High Schools
73 Coaches

Richard D. Salyer
Re: KSHSAA delivers yet another blow! [Re: RichardDSalyer] #110649 07/07/07 03:20 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
 Originally Posted By: RichardDSalyer

- Eric Johnson

Perhaps some, but certainly not those in the know!

Many of us know the answers to nearly all the questions you pose.

On May 3, 2007 when this thread was started Olathe NW had already declined to host the 6A tournament, however I did not wish to reply and correct Will's post.

That is exactly my point. Richard, you are the first to correct any mistakes on this forum. Why did you purposely leave Will's post uncorrected? How could you enjoy the angst that the wrestling community felt when you knew that it wasn't true? Was that a lesson that you were teaching? Who are those "in the know"? Who are the "many of us" that know nearly all of the answers that I posed, but are guarding the truth at all costs? I am glad that you at least came clean on your position. You can get help for that.

- Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson

Re: KSHSAA delivers yet another blow! [Re: Chief Renegade] #110651 07/07/07 05:28 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Why did you purposely leave Will's post uncorrected?
- Eric Johnson

While I consider Will a friend I do not hold him in the god like status which you seem to do.

How could you enjoy the angst that the wrestling community felt when you knew that it wasn't true?
- Eric Johnson

The only angst I was able to ascertain was on the part of your clique.

Was that a lesson that you were teaching?
- Eric Johnson

I have a different philosophy of the intent and purpose of this forum - that of a source of factual information - and not a source for gossip and idle chat - or posting garbage about Waunita or an individuals feeble ramblings. There was no "lesson" involved, only a personal choice on my behalf to not participate in another of Will's rants.

Who are the "many of us" that know nearly all of the answers that I posed, but are guarding the truth at all costs?
- Eric Johnson

I am unaware of anyone "guarding the truth at all costs" and do not feel it is my obligation to answer all questions on this forum. As in all communities, certain alliances are formed and I attempt to stay neutral, or in the alternative form an alliance of "ONE".

I am glad that you at least came clean on your position. You can get help for that.
- Eric Johnson

What position did I come "clean on" and what position do I need to seek "help for"?

Richard D. Salyer
Re: KSHSAA delivers yet another blow! [Re: RichardDSalyer] #110653 07/07/07 06:16 PM
usawks1 Offline
A few of us know, that Sir Richard gathers great delight at the expense of others. Whether it be knowledge of partial truths, whether it be recollections that others have forgotten, Richard does have a way to make others feel less than informed or creditable!

Richard is at times ... less than helpful but he will stand by that position, as he has done so. However, in his defense, if you ask a direct question of Richard he will give you a direct answer.

As to whether Richard "needs help?" Richard himself delivers the answer ... as only Richard can! As for me, I would expect nothing less than his answer.

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Re: KSHSAA delivers yet another blow! [Re: RichardDSalyer] #110656 07/07/07 08:39 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
- Eric Johnson

While I consider Will a friend I do not hold him in the god like status which you seem to do.

How could you enjoy the angst that the wrestling community felt when you knew that it wasn't true?
- Eric Johnson

- Eric Johnson

I have a different philosophy of the intent and purpose of this forum - that of a source of factual information - and not a source for gossip and idle chat - or posting garbage about Waunita or an individuals feeble ramblings. There was no "lesson" involved, only a personal choice on my behalf to not participate in another of Will's rants.

Who are the "many of us" that know nearly all of the answers that I posed, but are guarding the truth at all costs?
- Eric Johnson

I am unaware of anyone "guarding the truth at all costs" and do not feel it is my obligation to answer all questions on this forum. As in all communities, certain alliances are formed and I attempt to stay neutral, or in the alternative form an alliance of "ONE".

I am glad that you at least came clean on your position. You can get help for that.
- Eric Johnson

What position did I come "clean on" and what position do I need to seek "help for"?

A little help with the meaning of the word forum. It is a public discussion or expression of ideas. A source of factual information would be found in a dictionary, reference book or the Bible.

- Eric Johnson

Last edited by Chief Renegade; 07/07/07 08:59 PM.

Eric Johnson

Re: KSHSAA delivers yet another blow! [Re: sportsfan02] #110672 07/09/07 04:39 AM
A
adistar87 Offline
A
From a competitors view, i was upset seeing 4a move to salina, i could no longer walk 50 feet and watch my freinds from other high schools compete, and coaches that helped trained me in the summers couldn't watch me or other kids they have helped. Its time to unite....No high school senior should be forced to wrestle possibly his last matches in a HS gym...thats just horrible

After watching the 456a wrestling for 12 years in wichita and seeing the 321a state in hays the last 3 years, Im not that overly impressed with the crowd. Dont get me wrong its a cool atmosphere. but I think the reason some many small schools love it cause it is small. They pack around 5,000 in hays for the finals? (just a guess) and in wichita it was probabbly close to double that. Could you imagine combining the two together. So many people want to complain that it would be to crowded. Get over it, sacrfice a little. Coming from someone that wrestled in the finals in wichita, that stage and atmosphere is amamzing, but if you add another 5000 people and a whole another state tourney, It improves ten-fold.

The reason Topeka does not host the Kansas State Tourney, is because of the Circus that comes to town every year on that same weekend. Perhaps the Board should look into another idea, perhaps allowing more time after regionals to state, allowing two weeks...perhaps that would free up the Expo Centre and make it available

Just my thoughts.........

Re: KSHSAA delivers yet another blow! [Re: Chief Renegade] #110675 07/09/07 12:19 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
- Eric Johnson

- Eric Johnson

- Eric Johnson

- Eric Johnson

- Eric Johnson

A little help with the meaning of the word forum. It is a public discussion or expression of ideas. A source of factual information would be found in a dictionary, reference book or the Bible.

- Eric Johnson

Maybe when we edit posts we should as some boards require, post the reason for the edit. Such examples are, "grammar", "spelling", "removed a personal attack", etc.

Re: KSHSAA delivers yet another blow! [Re: sportsfan02] #110687 07/10/07 01:49 PM
Scott Fausset Offline
Richard: you posted numbers for the
"2006-2007 KWCA Membership Roster:(including assistant coaches)"...interesting numbers.

Do you know how many kids are associated with each of those divisions?

Last edited by Scott Fausset; 07/10/07 01:50 PM.

You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. -- Joseph Goldstein
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 199 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,954
Posts250,390
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)