Quote:
Originally posted by matmopper:
I don't think giving the 16 & under a "free pass" to district or state is a valid idea.
In nearly all 15-16 weight classifications, these wrestlers already have a "free pass" to districts. In the past, when wrestlers determine they have only four in their bracket, several of the wrestlers show up for weigh-in and forfeit the matches on Saturday knowing they will advance to the District tournament.

Quote:
There are other weights and age groups that have the same problem. Like the heaviest and lightest weight class in each age group. Are you willing to extend that offer to these kids too?
If there are only four (4) wrestlers in the bracket, yes the offer should be extended to these wrestlers as well. All wrestlers will advance to Districts regardless of placing at the Sub-district tournament. This has been done in the past. There have been incidents when a Sub-district bracket and medal have been awarded without a match being wrestled. In a particular division, a wrestler in a two man round robin advised on a Friday night they would forfeit to the other wrestler. Bracket and medals handed out Friday night and both wrestlers advance to Districts.

Quote:
This topic has been tossed like a green salad for years and no one seems to agree on anything and i don't expect anyone to agree with my thoughts either. My thoughts have been about the 16 & under kids is leave them a spot, most of them have been in your club since they started and they have earned it.
No one here is suggesting abolition of the 15-16 division.

Richard D. Salyer