Numbers in Iowa were WAY up! The Cadets and Juniors put the Brute Brackets to shame! I can't believe any parent can put a supportive post on here when a tournament does this to wrestling families:

Thursday night only weigh in ONE NIGHT IN A HOTEL
Friday wrestling (most kids brackets had less than 8 wrestlers. They pooled them but with six wrestlers they should have used round robins. Kids wrestled half of day. They don't wreste again until Sunday. TWO MORE NIGHTS IN A HOTEL
$20 to watch, $45 or $60 to wrestle, $85 to coach. That plus travel to get there. A family could go broke!

I got a coaches band in Iowa for FREE! Entry fee was only $25 or $35 for each wrestler. Kansas is a USA Wrestling State and this is a USA Talk Forum and we should have been sending more wrestlers to Iowa. One coaches band would have paid for the gas! They didn't use Trackwrestling but I heard they started really late on Sunday too! Check out the brackets (there were 2,318 wrestlers there) for both tournaments and then post which tournament was better. Hands down, USA NATIONALS.

Last edited by Cokeley; 04/08/08 03:53 AM.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com