Randy, sorry to drag on but I sent you PM, wanted to offer some final thoughts on the discussion. Please check when you have a chance.

=====

Alright, on to something new and a cool fact many may not know. As a JH kid, I was helping out with BU FB team in early 80's as a ballboy and whatnot while my Dad was O-line coach. The 1986 BU team made the national finals, losing in title game. The TE on that team was young man named Mike McCarthy, go turn on ESPN to see what he is up to now!

Mike is great guy, many may not know he is BU alum. He came back to town last October during Packers off week to be elected to BU HOF, still a very down to earth guy. Sat on my Dad's porch with former teammates telling old war stories and having great time.

He is a great success story, finished at Baker, coached as GA at Ft. Hays St., then on to other college asst jobs. Once even worked nights on toll booth in PA while volunteer asst for Paul Hackett at Pitt, then brought to Chiefs and was QB coach during Joe Montana's time. Then one thing led to another (Saints, 49ers...) and then led Packers to NFC title game last year, named NFL Coach of the Year by some organizations.

From Baldwin City to Vince Lombardi's desk, he is great success story of climbing the ladder and proving that people can make it big from small places. He still stays in contact with university as often as he is able to, amazing to think about as busy as he must be.

Just a fun fact wanted to share.

A whole lot of Packers fans now in Baldwin City!

Regards,
Kit Harris

Last edited by Kit Harris; 08/07/08 12:28 AM.