Greg,

You are the only one to bring traffic deaths into the arguement. All of the studies I read indicate a greater risk of accidents resulting in death in rural areas but not a greater risk of accidents in general. Most of the studies indicate that rural teens do not wear their seat belts as consistently as metro teens. It is not safe to say I was wrong as I stated there was a greater risk of accidents in metro areas not deaths. Just get an insurance quote for a rural zip versus a metro zip. The studies you cite do NOT indicate that these deaths occured when driving to and from school or to and from school activities. The studies I found indicate there is a MUCH higher rate of alcohol related accidents in rural areas. I am glad that you pointed me in this direction because much of the information I read about rural teen driving is scary. It sounds like driver's education in rural areas in sorely inadequate.

By citing mill levy rates how do you think that validates the existence of these school districts. I specifically cited the cost per student. Can you deliver to us those figures? Of course the rates are going to be higher where there are far more students, larger facilities, etc. You do not address the inefficiency of too many rural school districts, too many county governments, too many rural superintendents, etc. Show us the money!

The four day school week studies may or may not thoroughly cover the benefits and costs. In rural areas they may be more feasible where longer drive times are incurred and where child labor is readily used for agriculture activities. I don't think the studies seperated rural areas versus metro areas.

I am sure you agree that you and studies can spin anything to look however they want but the reality is that the changes in our systems have not kept pace with the changes in our demographics. I expected you to quickly jump to defend your position and your peers.

Instead of debating the need for your existence, please spend some time and energy discovering that the two pound allowance makes the most sense to be allowed immediately following Christmas break instead of three weeks later. 99.9% of the wrestlers would prefer this, as very few if any will certify after Christmas at a lower weight.

Happy New Year!

Last edited by Cokeley; 01/01/09 05:37 AM.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com