This is my first post so I hope it is not to long winded. I have been reading this forum for a long time. It is unfourtunate that the kids have to suffer the wrath of the crowd booing or cheering the result of their match whether they won or lost. The kids unfourtunately do not have control over the actions and reactions of the coaches and the parents on the wrestling mat and in the stands. The fact is that some but not all TOHK coaches and parents act in such ways that brings such negative feelings towards their club. The rest of the wrestling clubs watch and respond in their own ways to TOHK's behavior. I myself believe that it is the head of the wrestling clubs responsibilty to inform the parents, coaches, and wrestlers the type of attitude and behavior that it is acceptable. FANS THROWING THINGS ON TO THE MAT FROM THE STANDS AND A COACH FLIPPING OFF THE CROWD, which by the way all happened at the state tournament this year, IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! I know that everybody is built differently mentaly and there are hot heads and loud mouths that will never learn how to cope with losing and also winning with good sportsmanship. The head of the wrestling club needs to tell these certain individuals that these kinds actions will not be tolerated and they can not join the team. My older brother and his wife started their wrestling team 10 years ago with these rules always being up held. We start every wrestling year with a team meeting that includes the wrestlers and their parents that want to join our team. He gives a hand out that outlines and details what our wrestling team is all about. He hammers on the point of good sportsmanship is to be abided by all associated with our team, winning and losing. Don't get me wrong there are a few of us that get a little bent out of shape based a refs bad call or bad sportsmanship from the other wrestler or coach or in some cases our own wrestler. Not everybody is perfect but I can tell you that he or his wife would never put up with any of nonsense that you see from teams like TOHK. I can tell you that if we had someone associated with our team acting in an unsportsmanship like or undesirable like way a basic response from my brother would to tell the individual to SIT DOWN and SHUT UP or to leave the wrestling venue. This sport is for the kids and not for the coaches and parents that want to make a spectacle of themselves. For the love of God our kids have us to look up to and follow to help them live happy and successful lives. Thank You for the your time and I know I probably rambled way to long. One more thing Go State!

KU's worst day is my best day!