Originally Posted By: WrestlingB631
Mulvane is a young team, i would look for them to be up and coming in the next few yrs, especially at 135 with Sharpe, 160 Bird, 125 Gunter, 119 White, 112 Langstaff, 103 Prince are all sophmores, and Fennewald at 130 is only a freshman.

I'm glad to hear that Mulvane is on the up and up. I can remember not too long ago when Mulvane was a force to be reckoned with in 4A. They annually finished in the top 10 back at the turn of the century then kind of fell off. Derek Nordquist had to be one of the biggest 125 lbers I've ever seen. Of course this was pre-urine strip test wrestling. The week of state wrestling I read an article that said he cut down from something like 160. The Heersches were some pretty good wrestlers for them too. Dietrich, Langerot, Doering, and Breese were also salty. I never got to witness it but I remember hearing reports of Mulvane busing kids into the Kansas Coliseum and having pretty good crowd support. From what I recall they also use to have pretty decent participation with around 60 kids coming out. But, I digress.

[Linked Image from media1.tenor.com]